What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

2D30DFA1-239F-422D-8896-34FE660285C7.jpeg
C544061D-2F4C-4E77-A67A-9A6E56139313.jpeg

Instead of building so many armored vehicles they should should focus more on UGV's... in my opinion it's a waste of time and ressources for something we already have in masses.

It's never a waste to make armoured carriers :) Just like it's never a waste to develop your own tank 100%, costly, but never waste.

The problem with the amount of APC like Hizir etc. is that the companies are making a variant for every new customer. So we end up having nearly 10 who have 80% identical specs.

which may seem like a waste.

It's never a waste to make armoured carriers :) Just like it's never a waste to develop your own tank 100%, costly, but never waste.

The problem with the amount of APC like Hizir etc. is that the companies are making a variant for every new customer. So we end up having nearly 10 who have 80% identical specs.

which may seem like a waste.

Worst thing is that we haven't been acquiring any 6x6, 8x8 or tracked IFV/AFVs. Despite already having multiple working prototypes we continue to stick with 4x4s. No wonder we have dozens of different 4x4s with very little differences.. because that's all our forces have been buying.

We need to start diversifying our inventory by buying vehicles such as the Otokar Tulpar and FNSS PARS III 8X8.

Last edited:
Instead of building so many armored vehicles they should should focus more on UGV's... in my opinion it's a waste of time and ressources for something we already have in masses.
I dont agree with you. We are good at armoured cars thanks to this competition... And all this defence companies doesnt have any problem it looks like... I mean a company sell her product to Turkish army another Turkish company sell her product to some african states so everyone is fine with this way.

Hmm if dirty politics could be kept out from ssm and tsk shopping policy then perhaps we’d have a more diversified vehicles. But I still think tsk is getting what they need.

Worst thing is that we haven't been acquiring any 6x6, 8x8 or tracked IFV/AFVs. Despite already having multiple working prototypes we continue to stick with 4x4s. No wonder we have dozens of different 4x4s with very little differences.. because that's all our forces have been buying.

We need to start diversifying our inventory by buying vehicles such as the Otokar Tulpar and FNSS PARS III 8X8.
Turkey develop so many other projects that require more money.. it is smart that they dont waste money in here which you can mass produce in case of war.. others require time such as engine development or jets prodution

Back
Top Bottom