What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Lifetime? Accuracy (MOA)? Handling?...
Not sure but Kale when builds something builds it decent. In that video he says that when they made their first rifle (bolt action sniper rifle) that was in 308. cartridge they made it for a special weapons collection of a rich man that have some of the first weapons manufactured for differed armies and they couldn't find a Turkish weapon in the collection and decided to make one. They sent it to the Special Forces Command for tests to receive oppinion. When they tested it he said that the rifle performed in some parameter close to the world record or even beaten it but didn't say in which parameter. So they liked the rifle very much but after that military delegation paid them a visit in the factory and started bashing them for that they manufactured a so high class weapons and they said to him "What would happen if everyone starts manufacturing such rifles?". So from story of quality like that I would not expect weak representing. I am expecting quality products from them and I trust them. If the discussion is going to continue please tag me in the firearms section so we don't derail the thread to much.

Well...That's a bit confusing...
Wasn't GEZGIN the one dev for such range?

@cabatli_53 Any more info on this?
Is it the SOM cruise missile (With current shell size) that will go to1500- 2500km? or Are they speaking about "Cruise missile family" in general, with the like of GEZGIN etc...

Because, I'm pretty sure you can't get to those range, with Current SOM B shell size.

Som-Er is a declared project which aims to increase the range of current SOM missile 500+km but the longest range SOM derivative can reach a range up to 800km since officials gave France example with modified Microtubro turbojet on Scalp missiles to describe SOM-ER with modifying Kale motor with extra fuel to do the same. Modified turbojet motor can be ordered from abroad until equivalents became operational.

SOM is the project of Tübitak-SAGE, while Gezgin, Atmaca and Temren are of Roketsan. Gezgin project aims to reach a range of 800km blk1 and 1400km in blk2 variant but contrary to SOM, Gezgin is heavier cylindrical missile so needs a fixed platform like ships, submarines, land vehicles for launching from a VLS.

Rest is about ballistic missile projects which is totally secret. Just remember Roketsan is developing a satellite launcher having a payload capacity of 1,5t which requires 2500+km MRBM technology.

GEZGIN Cruise Missile

National origin : TURKEY
Firing Test : 2020-2021 ( expected )
Length : 6-6,5 m
Weight : between 1200 and 1500 kg
Range : 800-1400 km
Platforms : Land vehicles - Warships and Submarines

for bearing to use oil lubricated technique instead of fuel lubricated technique for better performance in Turbojet engine

GEZGIN Cruise Missile

National origin : TURKEY
Firing Test : 2020-2021 ( expected )
Length : 6-6,5 m
Weight : between 1200 and 1500 kg
Range : 800-1400 km
Platforms : Land vehicles - Warships and Submarines

for bearing to use oil lubricated technique instead of fuel lubricated technique for better performance in Turbojet engine

April Fool ?

A good video which gives some insight into todays engine.

Last edited:
UPDj1P.jpg

uy5V0X.jpg

https://resmim.net/f/UPDj1P.jpg
https://resmim.net/f/uy5V0X.jpg

Last edited:
2018%2F04%2Fiha_motoru_864_1.jpg

TEI PD170 turbo-diesel engine developed especially for uses in UAV sector is currently undergoing integration on ANKA UAV testplatform. First flight of ANKA with Indigenous engine to be performed this summer.
TEI began LRIP of PD170, 5 engines to be produced by end of year.

Mates, if PD170 proves to be reliable and efficient as TEI claim it to be.. it may be the most sort after heavy fuel engine for small plane manufacturers. Watch out ROTAX, AUVSI, Lycoming etc... TEI may come stomping on your ground :-)

sauce -https://aa.com.tr/tr/vg/video-galeri/turkiye-iha-motoru-satacak

2018%2F04%2Fiha_motoru_864_1.jpg

TEI PD170 turbo-diesel engine developed especially for uses in UAV sector is currently undergoing integration on ANKA UAV testplatform. First flight of ANKA with Indigenous engine to be performed this summer.
TEI began LRIP of PD170, 5 engines to be produced by end of year.

Mates, if PD170 proves to be reliable and efficient as TEI claim it to be.. it may be the most sort after heavy fuel engine for small plane manufacturers. Watch out ROTAX, AUVSI, Lycoming etc... TEI may come stomping on your ground :-)

sauce -https://aa.com.tr/tr/vg/video-galeri/turkiye-iha-motoru-satacak

American rival is already running in Gray Eagles with 205hp power

https://www.lycoming.com/engines/del-120

[QUOTE="Combat-Master, post: 10445768, member:

I think I read allready that next step will be to raise power to 210 hp.

I thought pd170 was the engine which derived from Mercedes commercial engine. If it was pd155 then is pd170 an indigenous design of tei or is it also based on some other engine?

Back
Top Bottom