What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

I am sorry but I dont know how to exactly translate this phrase "Çünkü biz zırta ve motorda..." and thats why I am posting in Turkish. Summarized it says that BMC is aiming to produce engines with 5000hp in 3 years.
BMC Başkanı Ethem SANCAK:
Türkiye, 3 yıl içinde 5 bin bygire kadar motorunu %100 yerli yapacak. Bunun için yola çıkıldı, güçler birleştirildi. İnşallah 3 yıl sonra size bu büyük müjdeyi vereceğiz. Çünkü biz zırta ve motorda milli ve yerli markalarımızı üretebilirsek işte o zaman tam dik duracağız ve kimse bizi eğemeyecek. Milli bağımsızlık bugün bu iki şeyin ucunda görünüyor.

I am sorry but I dont know how to exactly translate this phrase "Çünkü biz zırta ve motorda..." and thats why I am posting in Turkish. Summarized it says that BMC is aiming to produce engines with 5000hp in 3 years.
BMC Başkanı Ethem SANCAK:
Türkiye, 3 yıl içinde 5 bin bygire kadar motorunu %100 yerli yapacak. Bunun için yola çıkıldı, güçler birleştirildi. İnşallah 3 yıl sonra size bu büyük müjdeyi vereceğiz. Çünkü biz zırta ve motorda milli ve yerli markalarımızı üretebilirsek işte o zaman tam dik duracağız ve kimse bizi eğemeyecek. Milli bağımsızlık bugün bu iki şeyin ucunda görünüyor.

I think there is a spelling mistake - the word is meant to be "zırh" meaning "armour".

Ethem Sancak, motor geliştirme çalışmalarına ilişkin de bilgiler verdi. Sancak, şunları kaydetti:

"Türkiye, 3 yıl içinde 5 bin beygire kadar motorunu yüzde 100 yapacak. Bunun için yola çıkıldı, güçler birleştirildi. İnşallah 3 yıl sonra size bu büyük müjdeyi vereceğiz. Çünkü biz eğer zırhta ve motorda milli ve yerli markalarımızı üretebilirsek, işte o zaman tam dik duracağız ve kimse bizi eğemeyecek. Milli bağımsızlık bugün bu iki şeyin ucunda görünüyor."

https://aa.com.tr/tr/ekonomi/bmcden-katar-ordusuna-85-yeni-zirhli-arac/1087495?amp=1

TAI CEO Temel Kotil: "TR Motor Inc. will design a turbofan engine with 27,000 lbs."

A national turbofan engine with 27,000 lbs AB is more or less equal to F110-GE-100 engines. If New JV institute manage to develop this engine successfully, they will provide enough thrust to power up both Hurjet and TF-X fighter projects.

From Wikipedia:
EJ2x0
Stage 1:

• The EJ2x0 with 20% growth compared to the original EJ200. The EJ2x0 engine will have dry thrust increasing to some 72 kN (or 16,200 lbf) with a reheated output of around 103 kN (or 23,100 lbf).
Stage 2:

• The new engine plan to increase the output 30% more power compared to the original EJ200. The engine will have dry thrust of around 78 kN (or 17,500 lbf) with a reheated output of around 120 kN (or 27,000 lbf).

Tldr;

- GE T700 engines used in T70 Skorsky will have over 60% local content ratio including combustion chamber.

- TS1400 started at least one year before it was announced, and it is in detail design phase( aka concept design is chosen) 3d printers are being used in many prototype components.

- 9 pd155 (modified automotive engine) engine is delivered to TAI. And 1 pd170 local engine is also delivered to TAI.

- The design of the BMC Power AZRA diesel engine (6-cylinder 12.8 liter diesel engine) is completed in February 2018.
- The prototype of the engine will be produced until June or July 2018 and the first ignition will be made.
- This engine design was the preparation for the YNHZA (next generation lightweight armored vehicle) engine project.

Hu74L6.jpg

It looks very promising. There's now multiple independent companies heavily investing into R&D on various engine types and cylinders. These investments will bear its fruits in the few years to come. Powerpack solution was our weakest point in defence sector but it looks like in the near future these issues will be resolved.

Having said that, once the engines have been tested in real life conditions that will need ironing out, wear and tear issues resolved so that may also take some time.

Why do people regard BMCs engine as domestic or the first domestic when Otosan has locally from scratch developed Ecotorq engines?

Both companies are 50% foreign. Both claim its domestically developed.

Why do people regard BMCs engine as domestic or the first domestic when Otosan has locally from scratch developed Ecotorq engines?

Both companies are 50% foreign. Both claim its domestically developed.
We already discussed this topic thousand times. The difference between both is that BMC is independent, Otosan isn't.

Back
Top Bottom