What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Well now we have two companies that have the know-how to develop Turbo Jet engines that will be integrated into their respective platforms. This is a good thing, in the end, what matters is that the project has found it's end and not given up on.

Much respect to the engineers that have worked on the project, well done to them.
Bro, it's not wrong to call a failure, a failure.

"The Turbojet Engines Development Project of the Turkish Air Force (TuAF), cowering the design and manufacture of indigenous turbojet engines to power locally built cruise missiles, UAVs and jet powered target drones for TuAF, was launched by a Defence Industry Executive Committee (DIEC) decree on December 15, 2o1o, and during its January 5, 2o12 meeting, the DIEC, Turkeys top decision making body on defence industrial procurement, authorized the SSM to initiate negotiation with Kale Aero, which was selected as a candidate Main Contractor company towards contract award.

Under the terms of the contract, Kale Aero will design and manufacture around 1o turbojet engine prototypes under five phases and within 48 months and following the qualification tests they will be delivered to the TuAF. Serial Production of the indigenous turbojet engines will be performed under a separate contract. Kale Aero built indigenous turbojet engines will replace French Microturbo-made TR-40 turbojet engine currently used on Turkeys first indigenous Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) dubbed as Stand-Off Munitions (SOM) and will lay the foundation for an integrated jet engine design and production capability for future projects, according to the ministry officials who were present at the signing ceremony. SOM ALCM is designed, developed and produced by TüBiTAK-SAGE, Defence Research and Development Institute of Turkey.

Speaking at the ceremony Head of the Technical and Chemistry Department of Kale Group Osman OKYAY said that indigenous turbojet engine will serve as the propulsion system for guided missiles and with minor modifications it can be used as a propulsion system for UAVs and small class aircraft. OKYAY also stressed that they are targeting to complete project within 48 months and under five phases namely; Requirement Analysis, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Prototype Manufacturing and Qualification and added Under the project 9 technical working groups will be formed and a total of 47 engineers, and academicians as well as 10 technicians will serve under these working groups. Under the project we will also collaborate with Istanbul Technical University and TüBiTAK. Within the scope of the project we will establish a new R&DE Laboratory, where the prototype manufacturing will take place and to perform a total of 26 comprehensive tests including 15 subsystem tests and 11 system tests."

This project ought have been completed in January 2016... And they delayed the project with 5-6 years...Instead of 4 years, it has been 9-10 years.

Let's not beat around the bush, KaleAero failed their duty catastrophically.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, here is the interview, i have not listened yet but gonna listen now.

Bro, it's not wrong to call a failure, a failure.

"The Turbojet Engines Development Project of the Turkish Air Force (TuAF), cowering the design and manufacture of indigenous turbojet engines to power locally built cruise missiles, UAVs and jet powered target drones for TuAF, was launched by a Defence Industry Executive Committee (DIEC) decree on December 15, 2o1o, and during its January 5, 2o12 meeting, the DIEC, Turkeys top decision making body on defence industrial procurement, authorized the SSM to initiate negotiation with Kale Aero, which was selected as a candidate Main Contractor company towards contract award.

Under the terms of the contract, Kale Aero will design and manufacture around 1o turbojet engine prototypes under five phases and within 48 months and following the qualification tests they will be delivered to the TuAF. Serial Production of the indigenous turbojet engines will be performed under a separate contract. Kale Aero built indigenous turbojet engines will replace French Microturbo-made TR-40 turbojet engine currently used on Turkeys first indigenous Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) dubbed as Stand-Off Munitions (SOM) and will lay the foundation for an integrated jet engine design and production capability for future projects, according to the ministry officials who were present at the signing ceremony. SOM ALCM is designed, developed and produced by TüBiTAK-SAGE, Defence Research and Development Institute of Turkey.

Speaking at the ceremony Head of the Technical and Chemistry Department of Kale Group Osman OKYAY said that indigenous turbojet engine will serve as the propulsion system for guided missiles and with minor modifications it can be used as a propulsion system for UAVs and small class aircraft. OKYAY also stressed that they are targeting to complete project within 48 months and under five phases namely; Requirement Analysis, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Prototype Manufacturing and Qualification and added Under the project 9 technical working groups will be formed and a total of 47 engineers, and academicians as well as 10 technicians will serve under these working groups. Under the project we will also collaborate with Istanbul Technical University and TüBiTAK. Within the scope of the project we will establish a new R&DE Laboratory, where the prototype manufacturing will take place and to perform a total of 26 comprehensive tests including 15 subsystem tests and 11 system tests."

This project ought have been completed in January 2016... And they delayed the project with 5-6 years...Instead of 4 years, it has been 9-10 years.

Let's not beat around the bush, KaleAero failed their duty catastrophically.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, here is the interview, i have not listened yet but gonna listen now.

They've succeeded in developing KTJ3200, delays in the project are NOT to be mistook as a failure.

If success was based on development time, then fucking Elon Musk is one of the biggest failures on earth.

As far as I know the Indonesian PT Pindad is quite active in promoting the tank abroad (and there is Indonesian government help as well in doing the promotion and approach). But since it is a 50:50 cooperation so FNSS will get 50% share on any tank being produced. So far the production line has been started to supply Indonesian Army. The contract value is 135 million USD, which is still quite small, but I believe it is only for the first batch since our Army has already made a long term plan to acquire 100 medium tanks.
Just saw this on wikipedia: https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featur...ested-in-equipment-from-indonesias-pt-pindad/

My question is, is Turkey/FNSS still involved in the export activities or is it just PT Pindad?
If I recall correctly from and interview, Pindad is responsible promoting the tank in Asia, while FNSS is responsible for promoting it in Europe. It is devided something along these lines. When it comes to production and export, I am sure they will go with wichever way is more pragmatic and lower cost to deliver it to the end user.

So if Phillipines were to buy the tank, it would be logical for the tank to be assembled and produced in Indonesia.

They've succeeded in developing KTJ3200, delays in the project are NOT to be mistook as a failure.

If success was based on development time, then fucking Elon Musk is one of the biggest failures on earth.

I totally agree with you. If the engine is running, Kale Group is successful!

I totally agree with you. If the engine is running, Kale Group is successful!
Kale also mentioned that the final engine is more stronger than what was ekspekted. so, its better to own better engine too. Som will fly longer

Turkey’s Tumosan is developing and testing new diesel engine and automatic transmission systems such as the ALP Lightweight Tracked Vehicle Powerpack (LTVP) using internal research and development funding.

The ALP has been trialled aboard the FNSS Savunma Sistemleri Armoured Combat Vehicle 15 (ACV 15). Large numbers of these vehicles are in service with the Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC) and designated the Turkish Infantry Fighting Vehicles (TIFVs).
5f17ef20-d74e-4e27-ceb5-bc73b555b9ad.png

Tumosan notes that the ALP LTVP could also be installed on BAE Systems’ M113 series of tracked armoured personnel carriers (APCs). M113 variants are still used by many countries, with the M113A3 powered by the ageing 275hp Detroit Diesel 6V-53T diesel coupled to the X200-4 cross drive transmission.

The company claims that the M113A3 would benefit from a significant increase in its power-to-weight ratio when the ALP LTVP is installed. The powerpack has been designed to be installed in new build or upgraded tracked AFVs with gross vehicle weight (GVW) of up to 18 tonnes.

“Within the scope of a modernisation project initiated by the Turkish SSB (Presidency of Defense Industries), a pilot integration is planned to be realised in 2020 followed by on-vehicle tested and qualification,” Tumosan stated.

The ALP LTVP can be removed from the platform as a complete unit and comprises five key subsystems: the diesel engine, automatic transmission, cooling system, exhaust and air intake systems, and the associated electrical and mechanical interfaces.

Engine Cyl capacity - 5.2L
Power - 360bhp @ 2600 Rpm
Torque - 1060 Nm @ 1400 Rpm
Dry Weight - 600 Kg (wet 610 Kg)
Emission Level- Euro 3

This man is always makes these sort of comments. If we look at him we cant do anything.

I'm sorry that you - and some others - ALWAYS feel offended, but that does make his arguments invalid or wrong.
Therefore I can only once again refrain: So far I only got either similar replies like yours as if others simply have no faith in Turkey or we get immediately a harsh triade of insults as if we are all anti-Turkey ... but so far I never got a single argument HOW Turkey will manage to develop its projected high-end powerplants for the helicopters, UAV and most of all the TF-X within the given timeframe nor how it will overcome the technical issues?

I'm sorry that you - and some others - ALWAYS feel offended, but that does make his arguments invalid or wrong.
Therefore I can only once again refrain: So far I only got either similar replies like yours as if others simply have no faith in Turkey or we get immediately a harsh triade of insults as if we are all anti-Turkey ... but so far I never got a single argument HOW Turkey will manage to develop its projected high-end powerplants for the helicopters, UAV and most of all the TF-X within the given timeframe nor how it will overcome the technical issues?

Dude, such problems are only experienced with Iranians. I fought only 1 - 2 Chinese, and they claimed their engines were better than the Americans. Turkey also ultra-leftists nothing we can not do according to the type we call. According to Ultra Rights "Çomars", when Erdo calls us "C'mon", we can conquer the world.

TFX is a long term study, we don't plan to fly tomorrow. Also, sooner or later, as with the Bae System issue, an agreement will be reached with Rolls Royce. As long as you waste time and money, you can have turbofan for TFX for a company that has developed and produced turboshaft in the western standard.

last time i remember, Supa powa Pekin bought engine from Russia... how is it going?

last time i remember, Supa powa Pekin bought engine from Russia... how is it going?

Why such a stupid post which is only diverting from the original question? By the way ... I'm not a Chinese as such I'm emotionally more or less to such nationalistic issues. And given that technical question on HOW a hint towards other nations which also still have issues is not helpful.

Turbofan uses the same core as a turboshaft or am I wrong? .. We have a company who built ts1400 turboshaft engine for t625 with IP rights belonging to it. It has built a bestinclass turbojet engine with tj300 for missiles..so time will tell deino, that's fair right? Anyways tfx block 1 will be built around f16s main engine with which TEI has considerable experience with and we will go from there.. Time will tell.. @Deino

Back
Top Bottom