What's new

Turkish court sentences top pianist accused of tweets that insulted Islam

I dont get it..Why are some of us(Muslims) so insecure about Islam? A guy tweeting some stuff about Islam and some of us go berserk, even want to hang the guy etc...Those tweets are just his personal opinions, we always have the option to ignore them..But no, we choose to make it a big deal..Nonsense if you ask me

I dont get it..Why are some of us(Muslims) so insecure about Islam? A guy tweeting some stuff about Islam and some of us go berserk, even want to hang the guy etc...Those tweets are just his personal opinions, we always have the option to ignore them..But no, we choose to make it a big deal..Nonsense if you ask me

You guys are better . Had it been South Asia , North Africa or Middle East you would be seeing rally , protests , killings , rampage and destruction of public property over it . Not to mention price being offered on his head .

All he had do was quoting Khayyam. I don't know, I did it for hundred times, probably I would be arrested too.

Its the Same everywhere . Then they equate opposition of Islamists as an "attack on Islam" , "Islamophobia" , "Liberal fascist ( i don't know what the faak that terms means" and so many new terms that it is difficult to keep track . And then they try to attract Sympathy .

Actually, they believe in that so hard. They always talk about secret agendas of West, like how they are trying to murder Muslims. In the meantime, they bomb cities and kill innocent people in the name of Islam.

Frankly I don't believe all of these will be successful. This is the land of Yunus Emre's, this is the people who governed by Khatun's 2000 years ago.

Wha... What? :D

Just to make things clear, in which of his tweet Fazıl say insulted Islam? Could you copy paste it here and explain us why.

Do you really think they read the tweets . They saw a Thread in which some random guy "attacked Islam" and they are out here to defend it . There is nothing derogatory in tweets , but only those who have read it will know . Some people might find it slightly over the board but for that a little fine would have been enough .

his personal opinion, he should keep it to himself? i mean why he felt the need to go public over it?

a sane guy atleast wont disrespect any religion he will talk sense, disrespecting is like spewing nonsense

its not about insecurity, its about getting insulted, wont you give reaction if i insult your mother in publin infront of your face? or is it my personal opinion and im entitled to freedom of speech

one guy: hey mate your mother is a W who makes double and its my personal opinion

another guy: hey its your personal opinion and you are entitled to it :lol:

do you feel how dumb it is?

his personal opinion, he should keep it to himself? i mean why he felt the need to go public over it?

a sane guy atleast wont disrespect any religion he will talk sense, disrespecting is like spewing nonsense

its not about insecurity, its about getting insulted, wont you give reaction if i insult your mother in publin infront of your face? or is it my personal opinion and im entitled to freedom of speech

one guy: hey mate your mother is a W who makes double and its my personal opinion

another guy: hey its your personal opinion and you are entitled to it :lol:

do you feel how dumb it is?

It wasn't a public place, those tweets were intended for his followers. Don't like it? Unfvckinfollow him, simple as that.

Btw, same goes for you to: Just to make things clear, in which of his tweet Fazıl say insulted Islam? Could you copy paste it here and explain us why.

Sharing personal views and insulting other are two different things .. there is a line between it ..

Why are you so desperate to sympathize those who insult Islam ???

where did he Insult Islam ??

Honestly, i see people insulting Jews on a daily basis here but that doesn't bother me too much. I just consider them degenerates which do not deserve my attention. The same rule should have been applied in this pianist's case. He didn't say "I will stab every Muslim i meet".

For all non-Turk posters, explain in which of his tweet Fazıl say insulted Islam? Make a point or just the GTFO.

This is a thread about freedom of speech/thought in Turkey and this does not incluede forumers personal feelings about their respective religions or their thoughts on religious issues. To avoid infractions (I'll consider deleted posts as a warning), please do keep your posts about constitution of Turkish Republic and the concept of freedom of speech/thought.

I deleted 89 posts, still it didn't break Turkey Defence's 90+ posts record but this was a memorable moment :D :mod: :police:

For all non-Turk posters, explain in which of his tweet Fazıl say insulted Islam? Make a point or just the GTFO.

I don't speak Turkish but didn't he make fun of the women promised in heaven and the river of wine part?

What is the problem here but don't some members think the sentencing is a tad bit tough not that I have anything against the system in Turkey but I think the judiciary should humbly reconsider it's decision and keep in mind I am not slandering turkie's courts in any way mon ami.

I think religion is something person and we should not be allowed to degrade someone's faith out in public and that is why Canada has hate speech laws but online, I think is a different matter altogether and should be treated in the same manner. Also these islamist right wing folks are the biggest hypocrites tainting our communitie because when our prophet Jesus was slandered on familie guy, where were these folks, very big hypocrites and selective criticism.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom