What's new

Turkish constitutional referendum 2017 - News, Update & Discussion

Summer gonna be interesting... It's either peace... A Nuclear Summer... or WW3...
Good luck guys...

The final result is almost exactly the same as aggregated opinion polls predicted.

So pretty credible result. A narrow yes victory was what everybody expected by looking at the polls, surveys, and campaign.

Turkey should move on now and become united for economic development.

Although, AKP losing Istanbul and Ankara is a surprise. AKP has carried these cities since 2002 consistently. That's a bad sign and AKP needs to review its performance and consolidate politically further.

The virulent opposition of west IMO proves that the referendum changes are good for Turkish Muslims. :D @HAKIKAT @tesla @Max @Al-zakir @azzo @AUz

The EU doesn't want to have a country running by a despot at its doorstep. Turkey was given 4.8 billion euros by the EU between 2007 and 2013, and almost 4.3 billion euros have been allocated for 2014-2020 for the promotion of democracy, civil society and the rule of law in Turkey. No wonder if they are feeling betrayed, they should ask for a full refund.

At least 20% is not much?
They are scared sh!t of Le Pen.

Marine Le Pen and her party have good results on the first rounds,but always fail to secure decisive victories in the second rounds,where she lost every elections. People result to tactical voting which basically is to vote for whoever faces the National Front whatever your political view is. During the last regional elections,the NF came first in 6 regions out of 13. Then you had this circus of center-right voters voting for the leftist parties and the center-left voters voting for right parties. At the end they won 0 regions. This happened in pretty much elections.

That might not seem very logical,but that's it. Anyway,the two round system always keep the extremes,the populists whatsoever from gaining power.

If I was you or anyone else,I would be equally afraid of the far-left version of Marine Le Pen called Jean-Luc Mélenchon,who's popularity is rising lately. And I would be even more scared if the second round is between this guy vs Le Pen.
The defition of being in deep sh*t would have never been so well used. :D

The EU doesn't want to have a country running by a despot at its doorstep. Turkey was given 4.8 billion euros by the EU between 2007 and 2013, and almost 4.3 billion euros have been allocated for 2014-2020 for the promotion of democracy, civil society and the rule of law in Turkey. No wonder if they are feeling betrayed, they should ask for a full refund.
Cough***Cough*** BS...
EU do not need Turkey for Despot... UK got that cancer and runoff...Netherland was nearly falling into it few weeks back... France could in few weeks and Few Central EU countries already embraced it... :) More will come...
ANd all that is played by Mother Russia and his clowny Putin.. lurking in the dark for every facist he could find in EU... and his hands is not empty ...

For instance, every time my family went to the polling station my father usually just stamped all of our ballots in front of the commission publicly and we put the ballots back into the envelopes and thereafter into the ballot box. That's it. This is (Eastern) Anatolian style democracy. Families are unified in rural east and south east Turkey; they are either left-wing or right-wing. Europeans don't get that.

Really? In India that is a serious crime. The police will beat you and you will go to jail for voting on behalf of someone else. Our election commission is the only uncorrupted 100% functional institution in the country.

Marine Le Pen and her party have good results on the first rounds,but always fail to secure decisive victories in the second rounds,where she lost every elections. People result to tactical voting which basically is to vote for whoever faces the National Front whatever your political view is. During the last regional elections,the NF came first in 6 regions out of 13. Then you had this circus of center-right voters voting for the leftist parties and the center-left voters voting for right parties. At the end they won 0 regions. This happened in pretty much elections.

That might not seem very logical,but that's it. The two round system always keep the extremes,the populists whatsoever from gaining power.

If I was you or anyone else,I would be equally afraid of the far-left version of Marine Le Pen called Jean-Luc Mélenchon,who's popularity is rising lately. And I would be even more scared if the second round is between this guy vs Le Pen.
The defition of being in deep sh*t would have never been so well used. :D

Vive JLM Long Life to the KING!!!
Disclamer: Poe's Law...

You should be careful with such statements. In Tuscany for example we are not that different and do same.

What do you mean by "europeans"?

Your father votes on behalf of the family? That is a felony offensive he shouldn't do something like that.

Cough***Cough*** BS...
EU do not need Turkey for Despot... UK got that cancer and runoff...Netherland was nearly falling into it few weeks back... France could in few weeks and Few Central EU countries aclueady embraced it... :) More will come...
ANd all that is played by Mother Russia and his clowny Putin.. lurking in the dark for every facist he could find in EU... and his hands is not empty ...

Have no clue what you are coughing up.

Unlike you,I have some mercy for all the people like the Balkanys &co who could end guillotined if this guy wins. #Donttouchthebalkanys

Sorry for being off-topic.
I put a disclamer... I hoped it wasn't for nothing... seems not.

Have no clue what you are coughing up.
your BS...

Democracy ... only when it's their win...

Really? In India that is a serious crime. The police will beat you and you will go to jail for voting on behalf of someone else. Our election commission is the only uncorrupted 100% functional institution in the country.
you can vote on someone belf here in the uk if you have permission. heck i let my old man vote for me as i didn't know who to choose, a retard (labour), or a d!ckhead snob(tories)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom