What's new

Turkish Bow best in world

PIG HUNTING WITH TURKISH BOW

You have your own brain right ? can't you research yourself ?

The claim is Mongols were dumb because they had success problems and short living, then why most of the Turkic dynasties had the same problem ? even in the Islamic period until the establishment of Ottoman success system ?

Another claim is most of the commanders of Mongols were Turkic, according to what ? vast majority of the known commanders of Mongols were ethnic Mongols, simply check the campaigns of Mongols, there was some Turkic commanders and bureacrats too.

Another one is Huns were entirely Turks, explain please, are the remnants of Huns in Eurasia(which were a mix of Uralic, Iranian, Turkic, Slavic elements) came from sky ? or the accounts of Slavs, Germanics, Caucasians fighting in the Hunnic armies fake ?

WHEN DID I SAY HUNS WERE COMPLETELY TURK OBVIOUSLY THERES GOING TO BE SLAVS AND OTHER EUROPEONS WHO WAS RULED AND BECAME SOLDIERS . TURKS WAS MOSTLY IN THE ARMY OF THE MONGOL ARMY AND COMMANDERS AND NOT PART OF OTHER STUFF USUALLY. WHY DO YOU THINK HUNGARIANS SAY WE ARE TURKS AND TURAN BECAUSE OF ATILLA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mongol army was seperate mate.But if u can't claim genghis or subedei,look at the bright side u still got timur and alp arslan.

For many years the excellence of Turkish bows could be seen from historical records. The record distance in the Ottoman period for an arrow shot was 845.5m. (Bows made only of wood have been much less suited to flight archery; the northern European flight archery record to 1910 was 340m, achieved with a long-bow of Osage-orange wood, and a force of over 700N or 157 lb was needed to draw the bow.) In 1910 an archery contest was held on the beach at Le Touquet, France, where Ingo Simon was able to shoot an arrow 434 m using an old Turkish composite bow requiring a force of 440N or 99 lb.

Zihgir is the Turkish word for the thumb ring used to draw the bow in the Ottoman Empire. Turkish thumb rings were made of wood, metal, ivory, bone, horn or leather. These rings signified that the person wearing them was a warrior. In time they became a symbol of prestige in Ottoman society, and some later examples have so much ornamentation on the surface from which the bowstring slides that they could not be used to shoot with. Surviving examples are often made of precious metals and richly decorated. Some are carved from precious stones.

Turkish-archery.jpg

AdamK.jpg

T%C3%BCrk+yay%C4%B1+cem+d%C3%B6nmez+-3.jpg

ok_yay.jpeg

TURKISH BOW ON GERMAN DOCUMENTARY - CAN SHOOT FASTER THAN 240KM OF SPEED

Correction. It should be "Ottoman's best bow in the world". Turkey is a modern secular state which came into being after abolishing Ottoman empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction. It should be "Ottoman's best bow in the world". Turkey is a modern secular state which came into being after abolishing Ottoman empire.

We never dropped to earth in 1299. It's Turkish bow from thousands of years. There's different ones Ottoman bow is also impressive.

Seriously Turks are that deluded to believe "Modern Secular state of Turkey" existed in 1300s? Just to let you know, Turkey came into being after abolish of Ottoman Empire. Your Liberal scumbag leader spoke highly in favor of Secularism and opposed Islamic laws where as Ottoman leaders until late 1800s established Islamic rule of Law. Learn the difference

So what France ceased to be France after the revolution of 1789 just because the old order of the monarchy was usurped by a republic? Turkish presence in Anatolia can be traced at least back to Manzikert (Malazgirt). Seljuks, the various beyliks that followed the Seljuks (one being the Osmanli/Ottoman beylik) and modern Turkey are all successors to each other. If you dont like their father of nation then say so but there is no need to use such disrespectful language. I personally dont agree with everything Ataturk did either (not that my opinion or yours matters anyways) but at the end of the day he is the father of their nation so show some respect. Do you see Turks going around cursing Quaid e Azam? They are our guests here and this is not how we Pakistanis treat our guests

Perhaps leave it at the bows used by Asiatic horse archers from the steppe.

Mao Zedong had said: the determinant of success and failure in a war, it's not weapon, just peoples.

the 《Military Science of Sun Zi》 has nine chapters, none of it discussed about weapon.

in the history, a lot of good bows had been producted, turkey bow was one of it.

There was a very famous general in Han dynasty —— Li guang(about 150BC-199BC), the Huns call him "fly general"

He used a very normal bow to shot in a very hard stone a feet depth, because it's in night, he mistake the stone for a tiger.

This was record in the <Book of Han>, one of the 24 official ancient history books.
Mao also said it was a good idea to make steel in your backyard...I have more respect for the others mentioned.

I thing its mainly because Song dynasty was relatively weaker in military compared to some other Chinese dynasties, they gave more importance to art, economy and science I think, for a steppe warrior, ethnicity doesn't matter they all grew in same way so its not much logical to compare their skills, small amount of proffesional soldiers mostly personal retainers is a different case though.

Atillas army was before any mongols was ruling, mongols was badass soldiers but they acted dumb and their empire was so short, but most of the commander's in the Mongol army was Turkish and he incorporated Turkish law because mongols didn't have laws which was a big problem.

Sir,

I appreciate your postings on this board---but please pull in the reigns a tad bit---what time frame are you talking about when most of the commanders were turks in mongol army---. That comment is seemingly a tad bit far fetched---.

As I said there is a spesific kind of composite bow called Turkish bow and the first post is mainly about it.

About the Mongol thingy, its all because stupid westerners mistaking steppe peoples=Mongolians, Mongols were not even around when Turks and other steppe peoples were riding around, shooting their composite bows, until the period they united and rose, they were mostly small vassals of the Turkic dynasties.

This is a very strange depiction of history. All accounts that I have read have it the other way around, that there was nothing called Turk until as late as after the Mongol conquests of Genghis Khan. That before that the central Asian steppes were dominated by the descendants of the Scythians.

Gokturks called Themselves Turks, Muslims called central asians Turks, romans as well as called them Turks, they even mistakenly called some non-Turkic speaking steppe nomads as Turks. what else you need ?

Descendants of the Scythians were long times ago scattered and assimilated.

Back
Top Bottom