What's new

Turkish Bow best in world

TR.1

BANNED
Reaction score
For many years the excellence of Turkish bows could be seen from historical records. The record distance in the Ottoman period for an arrow shot was 845.5m. (Bows made only of wood have been much less suited to flight archery; the northern European flight archery record to 1910 was 340m, achieved with a long-bow of Osage-orange wood, and a force of over 700N or 157 lb was needed to draw the bow.) In 1910 an archery contest was held on the beach at Le Touquet, France, where Ingo Simon was able to shoot an arrow 434 m using an old Turkish composite bow requiring a force of 440N or 99 lb.

Zihgir is the Turkish word for the thumb ring used to draw the bow in the Ottoman Empire. Turkish thumb rings were made of wood, metal, ivory, bone, horn or leather. These rings signified that the person wearing them was a warrior. In time they became a symbol of prestige in Ottoman society, and some later examples have so much ornamentation on the surface from which the bowstring slides that they could not be used to shoot with. Surviving examples are often made of precious metals and richly decorated. Some are carved from precious stones.

Turkish-archery.jpg

AdamK.jpg

T%C3%BCrk+yay%C4%B1+cem+d%C3%B6nmez+-3.jpg

ok_yay.jpeg

TURKISH BOW ON GERMAN DOCUMENTARY - CAN SHOOT FASTER THAN 240KM OF SPEED

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very well documented that turkish bowarrow
s could even pierce through metallic armour

oi just shut up if your not going to contribute and act like a proffesor and know better than actual historians and professors plus i will want comments from only geniune Turks.

Turco%20teso.jpg

oi just shut up if your not going to contribute and act like a proffesor and know better than actual historians and professors plus i will want comments from only geniune Turks.

Turco%20teso.jpg

My composite bow is Korean made. LOL. They do it better than us, Turks.

The guy on the photo is not Turk. He is shooting the arrow from inside. (between bow and body) Turks do from outside (outside of both bow and body)

My composite bow is Korean made. LOL. They do it better than us, Turks.

The guy on the photo is not Turk. He is shooting the arrow from inside. (between bow and body) Turks do from outside (outside of both bow and body)

you retard i know hes not hes italian , and it many people in the world using turkish bow because its the best i dnt gve a damn what you use . your not even turkish your romanian so stop using us and comment here.

you retard i know hes not hes italian , and it many people in the world using turkish bow because its the best i dnt gve a damn what you use . your not even turkish your romanian so stop using us and comment here.

LOL, my Tatar forefathers has beaten your Turkish forefathers. :D

Actually i heard in some documentory not long ago, that the most lethal bows ever made where from the mongolians which made the elastic like string from Buffalo horns...

Why Turkish bow? Not Mongol bow? Or Hungarian bow?

Composite reverse curved bows are not genuine to Turks.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to say that this bow has no relations with Anatolian Oghuz Turks. So, not Turkish, but Turkic instead. Magyars were securing their Turkic culture back then.

What you are missing is, there is no nation called Turkic, ancient Turks were also caling themselves as Türk or Türük. Turkic is a word for describing the Turks in the Central Asia. It is invented by European Turcologists.

Greek sources calls the lands of Khazar Khanate as Tourkia. Wiki says same for Principality of Hungary too, but I don't have credible sources.

Back
Top Bottom