What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Where are our F35`s ? Almost all Partners of the Programm got their firsts once even minor partners but we as a major partner have to wait till 2018 for our first one? And now Trump wants to cancel the project, the US is freaking mess.

Where are our F35`s ? Almost all Partners of the Programm got their firsts once even minor partners but we as a major partner have to wait till 2018 for our first one? And now Trump wants to cancel the project, the US is freaking mess.
We want the Block 3F which will be ready in 2018,thats why.

Block 1A/1B – Block 1 comprises 78 percent of the more than 8.3 million source lines of code required for the F-35’s full warfighting capability. Block 1A was the ready for training configuration while Block 1B provided initial multi-level security.
  • Block 2A – Block 2A is currently released to the F-35 fleet. It provides enhanced training including functionality for off-board fusion, initial data links, electronic attack and mission debrief. With Block 2A, nearly 86 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 2B – Block 2B provides initial warfighting capabilities, including but not limited to expanded data links, multi-ship fusion and initial live weapons. The U.S. Marines declared IOC in July 2015 with Block 2B. With Block 2B, more than 87 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3i – Block 3i provides the same tactical capabilities as Block 2B. The principal difference between 2B and 3i is the implementation of new hardware, specifically the updated Integrated Core Processor. The Air Force declared IOC with Block 3i in August 2016. With Block 3i, 89 percent of code required for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3F – Block 3F provides 100 percent of the software required for full warfighting capability, including but not limited to data link imagery, full weapons and embedded training. Mission Systems Block 3F software development is 98 percent complete.

We can't count on the f35, the project was problematic from the beginning. It's a derivative model of F-22 since the US can't share the essential technology of their fifth generations. That's why focus on TFX has progressed significantly the last couple of months.

The F-22 cannot be exported under American federal law[39] to protect its stealth technology and other high-tech features.[40] Customers for U.S. fighters are acquiring earlier designs such as the F-15 Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon or the newer F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, which contains technology from the F-22 but was designed to be cheaper, more flexible, and available for export.[41] In September 2006, Congress upheld the ban on foreign F-22 sales.[42] Despite the ban, the 2010 defense authorization bill included provisions requiring the DoD to prepare a report on the costs and feasibility for an F-22 export variant, and another report on the effect of F-22 export sales on U.S. aerospace industry.[43][44]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-22_Raptor#Ban_on_exports

has Turkey considered arming TAI TFX with ASEA radar or is it still in consideration?

We want the Block 3F which will be ready in 2018,thats why.

Block 1A/1B – Block 1 comprises 78 percent of the more than 8.3 million source lines of code required for the F-35’s full warfighting capability. Block 1A was the ready for training configuration while Block 1B provided initial multi-level security.
  • Block 2A – Block 2A is currently released to the F-35 fleet. It provides enhanced training including functionality for off-board fusion, initial data links, electronic attack and mission debrief. With Block 2A, nearly 86 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 2B – Block 2B provides initial warfighting capabilities, including but not limited to expanded data links, multi-ship fusion and initial live weapons. The U.S. Marines declared IOC in July 2015 with Block 2B. With Block 2B, more than 87 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3i – Block 3i provides the same tactical capabilities as Block 2B. The principal difference between 2B and 3i is the implementation of new hardware, specifically the updated Integrated Core Processor. The Air Force declared IOC with Block 3i in August 2016. With Block 3i, 89 percent of code required for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3F – Block 3F provides 100 percent of the software required for full warfighting capability, including but not limited to data link imagery, full weapons and embedded training. Mission Systems Block 3F software development is 98 percent complete.
Golden Rule: When 90% of the code is written, 90% of the work remains.

Why delay in engin selection
there is no delay in engine selection,there was a hold for the TFX program because of the coup attempt,
All is fine now.

Golden Rule: When 90% of the code is written, 90% of the work remains.
Its 98 % and we still have a full year to go.

from what i understood TAI made an agreement to use EJ-200 engine to power the TFX
Yes the EJ-200 series,they are developing a derivative of the EJ200 with thrust vectoring.

image.jpeg

there is no delay in engine selection,there was a hold for the TFX program because of the coup attempt,
All is fine now.

Yes the EJ-200 series,they are developing a derivative of the EJ200 with thrust vectoring.

TF-X program has been halted. There isn't any new news about the program. Or am I missing something?

They haven't even selected the paper design yet...have they?

Please provide an update. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom