What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Don't like the new camo with the other stuff but the Chinook looks bad ***, especially the bottom area. However I don't understand why our new camo is so flashy? When you look at pictures of M60s in Syria they really really fit in with the area. Is it just regular paint or something special?

no color combos, nothing special, random painting by amateurs.

I've heard long ago that Turkish Air Force plans to perform some tests for unmanned F-16 flights, anything about it?

"Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir, bir sonraki nesilde insansız savaş uçakları olabileceğini belirterek, F-16'ların da insansız olarak uçmasının teknik olarak mümkün olduğunu ve Hava Kuvvetleri'nin deneme amaçlı insansız uçuş planladığını ifade etti."

İnsansız F-16'lar geliyor

I had heard this info from another Minister .He said we were able to remote control fly F16.

I expect HURKUS drone. Because according the Sn. Cabatli new HALE drone payload will be 1,5 tons. This payload as same as HURKUS capacity.

I havent heard HALE drones with 1,5ton payload capacity yet. Interesting.

EDIT:
Its written by me totally bullshit.

Rapier has payload 1500kg:)
I am sorry.

Last edited:
I had heard this info from another Minister .He said we were able to remote control fly F16.

I expect HURKUS drone. Because according the Sn. Cabatli new HALE drone payload will be 1,5 tons. This payload as same as HURKUS capacity.

I havent heard HALE drones with 1,5ton payload capacity yet. Interesting.

EDIT:
Its written by me totally bullshit.

Rapier has payload 1500kg:)
I am sorry.

Actually, Reaper has a payload of 1,7t.

http://www.defenceturkey.com/index2.php?p=article&i=2427

Defence Turkey: How is the mass production process of Hürkuş-B proceeding?
We launched the serial production of Hürkuş-B aircrafts. Two aircrafts are already in the manufacturing line and third one is planned for very soon. We built a line capable of simultaneously manufacturing three aircrafts. We have already ordered all the systems of the aircrafts. We are conducting our preparations as if we are going to deliver the first aircraft in June 2018 as per the program schedule. Aselsan has to deliver us the related system, especially the computer with the software so that we could operate the systems on the ground in the second half of 2017 and get them ready. We are expecting Aselsan to deliver all systems approximately within a year. If everything is on track we need to be accomplishing the maiden flight by the end of 2017. The first delivery will be completed in June 2018 and the final delivery will be accomplished a year later, in June 2019. We will be delivering 15 aircrafts within 12 months.
Defence Turkey: You mentioned that you will be placing the 3rd aircraft to the tool on the mass production line. Could you please elaborate the activities being conducted at the mass production line?
Currently, mass production of three aircrafts is underway. Our mass production continues with 3-fuselage coji , 3-wing coji and with the mate coji to assemble all of them. Later on we will integrate the wings and tail of the aircraft and start our tests. We are conducting detail parts manufacturing either within TAI or at the suppliers facilities. Avionics are installed in mate coji while the landing gears are placed during the final assembly phase. We have another system in these aircrafts through which we monitor the lifetime of each aircraft and place sensors in every aircraft. Periodically, we read the data after the flights and check if the aircraft is exposed to the amount of fatigue equal to our estimations or inquire if it is capable of pulling the envisaged amount of G force? According to the outputs of these inquiries, the lifetime of the aircraft needs to either be extended or shortened. So, for monitoring each aircrafts’ fatigue levels, we place light measurement devices to the aircrafts. Therefore, we launch the life cycle program of the aircrafts in a way.

Defence Turkey: Will this catch up with the first 15-lot package?
It cannot catch up with the 15-lot mass production package. But, if the target is the 16th aircraft then we may speak of the process following the 16th aircraft. Then again, a contract should be signed by the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries and the program schedule has to start running.
Defence Turkey: There are no official resolutions adopted by the government for the Armed Configuration of “Hürkuş- C”. There are no orders yet. What are your activities regarding this configuration? Which types of options are being planned?
We have not received any order for the “Hürkuş-C” configuration yet. But we still continue our activities. We consider a cockpit in the B configuration that has a trigger mechanism, etc. There is a virtual firing system in the B configuration; you conduct the firing as if you are doing it on the computer. We wish to merely fill the bottom of the wing in the C configuration. We need to examine this issue in detail with our Forces declaring their requirements for the C configuration. They need to define us what they demand and what weapon systems they require. At the end, we have a 1.5-ton payload capacity in this configuration. It is also possible to reinforce it with external fuel tank in order to remain longer in the air. Or you may minimize the endurance and install more weapons. Here we have another capability, which we lack in our other fighter aircrafts. We can claim that Hürkuş’ endurance is for 4 hours.

Hürkuş- B Assembly Line
vZBRWp.png

Savunma Sanayi Müsteşarı İsmail Demir, dün Ankara gerçekleştirilen SSM’nin 31’inci kuruluş yıldönümü toplantısında yeni dönem stratejileri hakkında bilgi verdi. Müsteşar Demir, “Tiltrotor uçak için araştırma ve geliştirme projesi yürütülecek” dedi. Yapılan sunumda da milli tiltrotor konusunda çalışmaların hedefler arasında olduğuna dikkat çekildi.

http://www.kokpit.aero/milli-tiltrotor-ssm

R&D for Tiltrotor is on way.

This also shows the capabilities of Turkish industry, thanks to development in subsystems that pave the way for multi-purpose projects.

http://www.kokpit.aero/milli-tiltrotor-ssm

R&D for Tiltrotor is on way.

This also shows the capabilities of Turkish industry, thanks to development in subsystems that pave the way for multi-purpose projects.

I think This isnt anything larger than academic research or small team. Personally This would be such a waste of our limited resources. Tiltrotors are overly complicated and overly expensive. We should invest more immidiate needs and their subsystem in the long run.

I think This isnt anything larger than academic research or small team. Personally This would be such a waste of our limited resources. Tiltrotors are overly complicated and overly expensive. We should invest more immidiate needs and their subsystem in the long run.

Industrial development along with your plans in defence and military doctrine ''dictates'' such steps to you; either you will comply with them, or minimize what you have made so far with that much money spent by you.

It is already moving at an increasing speed, you cannot hit the brake.

The development Activities for Tilltrotor Aircraft are not meaned for now or the coming Years, likely for an replacement of UH-60 Helicopters in around 20 Years.

Industrial development along with your plans in defence and military doctrine ''dictates'' such steps to you; either you will comply with them, or minimize what you have made so far with that much money spent by you.

It is already moving at an increasing speed, you cannot hit the brake.

We dont have almost unlimited military budget of US. If we can invest either fighter jet or tiltrotor. I would go fighter jet everytime. Especially after considering there is literally no customer and user for this machine Since 50s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom