What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

I have a friend who's cousin works at GE (General Electric Aviation) in/near Istanbul. Dutch born. That counts as yerli motoru no? Or a joint venture at least. Real excited about this project. If it's a hit, you can expect many billions of dollars worth of export orders. Later on, when it's an established company, you can design bigger and more different kinds of aircraft, like short-haul planes, private jets etc etc. Exciting times.

Didn't get what you mean?

I'm tired, crappy sentence. I mean a Turkish GE plant (design bureau). Does it count when GE Turkey designs an engine, and builds it there? Yerli sayilirmi?

I'm tired, crappy sentence. I mean a Turkish GE plant (design bureau). Does it count when GE Turkey designs an engine, and builds it there? Yerli sayilirmi?
No but what it has to do with this? That is what i didn't get.

No but what it has to do with this? That is what i didn't get.

Yerli motoru? Which Turkish company makes engines? Get it now? GE Aviation is the biggest aerospace engine maker in the world. Turkish design bureau/plant for parts. Get it now? Or would you like to spend 10 billion to design an engine that isn't nowhere near GE's level, to propel an aircraft for which the market isn't even certain? I know this is pakdef but come on.

Yerli motoru? Which Turkish company makes engines? Get it now? GE Aviation is the biggest aerospace engine maker in the world. Turkish design bureau/plant for parts. Get it now?
This has nothing to do with GE.

Well good luck then. Hope it works out. It's probably the most difficult machine to make. A modern, reliable, fuel efficient commercial jet engine.

No. For it to count indigenous the Intellectual Property rights or the blueprints have to belong to and the product has to be designed by a Turkish company with Turkish owners and held secret within Turkey not to be known by foreigners. This is not an official definition, just my two cents.

Last edited:

My friends. I suggest you go to airliners.net, the most authoritative source on commercial aviation. I don't want to be a buzzkill, but they all laughed away the proposal of the TRJ. That's a small airliners, and can be built. A modern commercial jet engine out of nowhere? Well that's NOT going to happen. I have a little bit of nationalism in me, and many of you have it in spades, but when reality calls, you shouldn't just shut your eyes. Let's see if it happens, I hope it happens, but I think it's going to be an airplane with a foreign engine. Hopefully assembled in TC.

My friends. I suggest you go to airliners.net, the most authoritative source on commercial aviation. I don't want to be a buzzkill, but they all laughed away the proposal of the TRJ. That's a small airliners, and can be built. A modern commercial jet engine out of nowhere? Well that's NOT going to happen. I have a little bit of nationalism in me, and many of you have it in spades, but when reality calls, you shouldn't just shut your eyes. Let's see if it happens, I hope it happens, but I think it's going to be an airplane with a foreign engine. Hopefully assembled in TC.

When you watch foreign films about Turkey you will see that Turkey is portrayed like the olden times Ottoman Turkey. And that's how the Europeans want to see Turkey. Please do not repeat their words and vision in Turkish forums, that's not how we see Turkey and that's not how Turkey is. And Turkey is not nowhere.

When you watch foreign films about Turkey you will see that Turkey is portrayed like the olden times Ottoman Turkey. And that's how the Europeans want to see Turkey. Please do not repeat their words and vision in Turkish forums, that's not how we see Turkey and that's not how Turkey is. And Turkey is not nowhere.

I think you should see a reality between old Ottoman Turkey and modern day Turkey. Modern day Turkey is neither backward, NOR at the top of the class. Remember that. And why do you feel the need to lecture me about Turkey? I'm no stranger. I'm not some internet hero who has never been to Turkey or doesn't know about Turkey.

It's all about realism. Some things can be done, but the cost-benefit has to be there. Do you want Turkey to spend 10 billion to make an engine that will have extreme difficulty in competing for foreign business? I mean the TRJ orders alone won't recoup the cost. Then you have GE, Pratt, RR, Snecma, MTU and whoever else with competing engines. I mean it's a great goal, but you have to be realistic. Especially when the dates of completion are set at the centennial of the Republic, it just becomes a bit questionable whether it's a publicity stunt or an actual goal.

Some things can be done, but the cost-benefit has to be there

I said the same thing to Altay project.. I thought it would take more time more money and could be a fail.. also to some other projects.. if there is a will the needed time and enough money it will succeed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom