What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

I said the same thing to Altay project.. I thought it would take more time more money and could be a fail.. also to some other projects.. if there is a will the needed time and enough money it will succeed

You're right about that. And I'm happy Altay and other projects worked out. But comparing a tank (with indeed foreign engine and transmission) to an airplane and a commercial jet engine, is really apples and oranges. Not saying it's impossible, but it's very hard to pull off. Perhaps even harder than a military jet engine (don't care about fuel consumption as much). So we'll have to wait and see. The plane is very doable, the engine I have my doubts about. Very skeptical honestly.

I think you should see a reality between old Ottoman Turkey and modern day Turkey. Modern day Turkey is neither backward, NOR at the top of the class. Remember that. And why do you feel the need to lecture me about Turkey? I'm no stranger. I'm not some internet hero who has never been to Turkey or doesn't know about Turkey.

It's all about realism. Some things can be done, but the cost-benefit has to be there. Do you want Turkey to spend 10 billion to make an engine that will have extreme difficulty in competing for foreign business? I mean the TRJ orders alone won't recoup the cost. Then you have GE, Pratt, RR, Snecma, MTU and whoever else with competing engines. I mean it's a great goal, but you have to be realistic. Especially when the dates of completion are set at the centennial of the Republic, it just becomes a bit questionable whether it's a publicity stunt or an actual goal.

Dude, think bigger. It is not only an engine for a civilian passenger plane but an acquisition of a plethora of combined technologies that enables all things aviation. A turbofan is the top notch, under that live turboshaft and turboprop engines with lesser technologies. They power every kind of air vehicles. Helicopters, smaller general aviation planes, cargo planes and all. And the cost is not all that much. I believe a medium size turbofan at 90+% the efficiency of a comparable power GE engine can be developed for well under a billion dollars. And that means more than it sounds, it is a first entry in the area and you are not just getting an engine but acquiring the science of it through development.

There are some main components that are needed. I believe that TEI will concentrate on it. The others will come from domestic and some from abroad.

"Ankara’nın Kazan ilçesinde tasarımına başlanan uçak motorunun en önemli kısmı kompresör, yanma odası ve türbinden oluşan çekirdek motor "

There are some main components that are needed. I believe that TEI will concentrate on it. The others will come from domestic and some from abroad.

"Ankara’nın Kazan ilçesinde tasarımına başlanan uçak motorunun en önemli kısmı kompresör, yanma odası ve türbinden oluşan çekirdek motor "

The hardest part is the drilling of the cooling holes of the power turbine. Even RR and GE have a hard time with them I believe, hence they keep developing new ways of drilling them. The latest news was that they will use watercooling when drilling with laser to avoid fracturing.

Dude, think bigger. It is not only an engine for a civilian passenger plane but an acquisition of a plethora of combined technologies that enables all things aviation. A turbofan is the top notch, under that live turboshaft and turboprop engines with lesser technologies. They power every kind of air vehicles. Helicopters, smaller general aviation planes, cargo planes and all. And the cost is not all that much. I believe a medium size turbofan at 90+% the efficiency of a comparable power GE engine can be developed for well under a billion dollars. And that means more than it sounds, it is a first entry in the area and you are not just getting an engine but acquiring the science of it through development.

If what you say is true, then fine. A billion dollars is not much for Turkey and indeed there are many applications for such a thing. I believe even marine engines and gas turbines share a lot with turbofans? Let's see what happens. Industrial r&d is a good investment.

Every single turkish man has to respect to his company for what they made but about his last words,I think it is pure populism than a vision.

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

Guys Is israel helping us ?

Back
Top Bottom