What's new

Turkish and Pakistani defense industries to intensify cooperation.

I have seen Turkey of today, and I understand their mindset pretty well. They will take Pakistan's side, not matter the opponent, even today (vice versa). You can not comprehend the depth of feelings Turks have for Pakistanis'.

Yes, as did Indonesia back then. I consistently maintain that Pakistanis are stuck in the past unwilling to face realities of today.

Go and ask if Indonesia or Turkey would even give a single bullet today in a war with India.

I don't doubt that Pakistanis would be all eager to go to any Muslim country's war, but know that no one would be coming for you.

Our sniper training programs/simulators which are in use by SSG @ Nowshera were inducted from Turkiye.

For Air Force, we inducted the Electronic Warfare Test and Training Range (EWTTR)-- produced by Havelsan of Turkiye. Offers testing facility for the onboard electronic warfare gear & pilot training. State of the art systems.

They have a huge edge on this, we should expand further.

In 2010 there was ToT with Aselsan for software based multi-band radios which are in use now.

lots of room for further cooperation with the Turks - a reliable mutual partner, and friend

Panter howitzers,MTRPs,Fleet Tankers,..: etc etc..

Panter howitzers,MTRPs,Fleet Tankers,..: etc etc..

friend of mine helped seal the Panter deal a few years back - 1st one was a gift.

and yes - the list is getting expansive. I'd like to see us cooperate together on surveillance unmanned platforms (air, land, sea)

Yes, as did Indonesia back then. I consistently maintain that Pakistanis are stuck in the past unwilling to face realities of today.

Go and ask if Indonesia or Turkey would even give a single bullet today in a war with India.

I don't doubt that Pakistanis would be all eager to go to any Muslim country's war, but know that no one would be coming for you.
You think it is a choice?
I advise you to read a bit of history between the two countries.
We are no enemies of India but no matter against whome,Pakistan in a war means Turkiye gives a blanco signed paper form the government of Turkiye,whatever is needed will be provided without questioning.
This has nothing to do with personal feelings,on a governmental level the two countries are one.
The Muslim card cant be used because for us the Pakistani identity is important,religion comes second(many will disagree).

You think it is a choice?
I advise you to read a bit of history between the two countries.
We are no enemies of India but no matter against whome,Pakistan in a war means Turkiye gives a blanco signed paper form the government of Turkiye,whatever is needed will be provided without questioning.
This has nothing to do with personal feelings,on a governmental level the two countries are one.
The Muslim card cant be used because for us the Pakistani identity is important,religion comes second(many will disagree).
Then you should have no problem Indians badmouthing turkey since you aid our enemy to kill us when india/indians did nothing to turks.

Then you should have no problem Indians badmouthing turkey since you aid our enemy to kill us when india/indians did nothing to turks.
Bah. Why would Indians bad mouth anyone. US has been arming Pakistan for decades and we dont begrudge them. That is not how international politics works.

I hear the opinion of Pakistani and Turkish members and will only say this - watch when a war does happen.

Last edited:
Again,there is no choice,im sure you know the history between the two countries.
You only have one problem with Pakistan and thats Kashmir,if that is resolved there could be peace or not?
Dont act like we hate you,we have no problems with India.
If Pakistan would be fighting Iran,KSA,Martians,it would be the same.

It's a simple fact that Pakistani identity is based upon religion same as Turks(some will deny!)
What's the difference between a pakistani and an indian? They are of the same race.It's the religion.

we have no problems with India
You definatley have problem with india,lets just be clear,selling weapons is not a problem but when you aid them during war then you are making india as your enemy.

US has been arming Pakistan
I have no issues with buying arms only when you aid them during wars that changes things, and US and India were never close during those times.

You definatley have problem with india,lets just be clear,selling weapons is not a problem but when you aid them during war then you are making india as your enemy.
So,then the US is your enemy to?
They aided with the maintenance and provided spareparts via Turkiye to the Pakistani F-16s during the ''sanctions''.
Most of the Arab countries sent military equipment and ammunition during Kargil,they are no enemies but Turkiye is?

So,then the US is your enemy to?
They aided with the maintenance and provided spareparts via Turkiye to the Pakistani F-16s during the ''sanctions''.
Most of the Arab countries sent military equipment and ammunition during Kargil,they are no enemies but Turkiye is?
You do know that US sent a Carrier strike force during 71 war, so US was not considered as a friend at that time,US being viewed positively in India is a recent phenomenon.And baring 71 war US was mostly neutral.

Back
Top Bottom