What's new

Turkish Airlines...are you serious?

Lol someone is still burning from our last discussion a couple months ago.
Thats the third time hes complaining about THY, i mean if you wasnt pleased the first time why flying again with the airline? :D

The particular reason for his burning.

The Best Airlines in Europe

1 Turkish Airlines
2 Lufthansa
3 Swiss Int'l Air Lines
4 British Airways
5 Austrian
6 Air France
7 Aegean Airlines
8 KLM
9 Virgin Atlantic
10 Finnair

The Best Airlines in the World by Region | 2014

Anyways, rest of europe disagrees with him. :)

Choke on this @MarkusS

Turkish Airlines - News - turkishairlines.com

Since you didnt like the Nazi movie, there you go, hope you enjoy it.:)

I will not leave my window seat for a middle seat... **** that sh*t, you have the right to be annoyed. Why did you agree to change?

I dont know. That women was distressed and i did not want be an asshole and not change seats then...but i think turkish airlines fucked it up by dividing them in first place

qm2if9MAgBZIt2mBzMK34upLzk8.jpg

I disagree this is the best airline ever :police:

1. Turkey is an asian country. Calling turkish airlines a european carrier is laughable at best

2. turkish airlines won internet polls and thats it. Its not a worldclass carrier and for sure does not offer the level you have on renomated airlines like Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates or Qatar.

3. I saw no grandeur in istanbul. It looked like any other middle eastern city to me. Infact i found some areas in cairo and alexandria more intersting.

4. Istanbul will never replace any mayor hub in europe, simly because it is to far from the industrialized european nations. Why should anyone from germany travel via istanbul, when frankfurt, london and rome are central to the main areas of civilisation. Istanbul suffers from its location in worldtravel. Its too close to the central capitals, but too far to be worth jumping over there. dubai makes much more sense. Beside that the current political development will make sure that the EU will throw enough stones into that to block it from being sucessful.

I had a "inter-european" flight today and it was switched from Lufthansa Cityline to turkish airlines...i must say it was a strange flight. It started on the ground. It says you can carry one hand luggage in economy class. I had my bag and another additional bag where i carry my tech gadgets like ipad and so on. While boarding the women there insisted that i can carry only one...so i put my smaller bag into the bigger bag and suddenly evrything was fine.

Then inside the plane i plugged my earplugs in and listened music. It seems like next me sit a man and a few rows infront me his wife who was scared about flying. One of the crew approached me and since i did listen music i did not notice her...so she tipped several times at my shoulder...then asked me if i would change seats...

I love to sit next to the window and always do online check in to secure a window seat. So this was the next bummer and appeared unprofessional for me. I did change the seats though...

Next they started to serve food. You got a hard small bread and a strange sandwich. The berad could have also bee a coin. I dont know yet. Its hard like a stone. The sandwich tased like some acidic stuff.

The next turkish airlines joke was the entertainment system. They played a ...nazi movie plaiyng during WW II. Most pax in the plane were germans, so idk if this was done on purpose. I found it rude and some others were not that happy as well.

I think my facial expression explains the entire experience best.

P.s.: I found it disturbing and interestings ame time that turkish airlines used a longrange machine for a european flight. It is not banned but not adviced as well...

I had a different experience when I flew in Turkish Airlines, when I was at the checking both a very beautiful lady smiled and checked in the baggage , and inquired if I am one of those trouble maker Italians , I politely stated no.

So when I was checking in bags , the crew stated any extra bags would be an extra fee, flying in American airlines all my life , this was not new , used to baggage fees , I deposited a crisp bill and my extra bag was with me did not had to stuff it anywhere

amex-black-card-centurion.jpg

When I came into the waiting lounge there was the traditional , belly dancing in the airport lounge I thought it was a bit too much but then some one brought in a nice turkish tea and said , Sir would you care to have our , beef patties I said certainly , and ate the sandwhich and drank a cola drink. By the time the belly dance act finish my flight was announced , and I boarded the flight greeted with a smile.
eDg4djdmMTI=_o_didem-turkish-belly-dance.jpg

Fantastic entertainment - cultural and entertaining

They asked would you happen to know a disgruntle Italian I said no , no connect and I was on my way.

Behind me there were some couple sitting clearly they were not comfortable , and the air hostess asked me if I can switch , I stated sure love for you anything and she smiled back :P

kariyer_02b.jpg

Now I was seated little bit ahead , the crew was extra polite with me and gave me extra choice in their menu if I needed anything extra , I said thank you

Turkish airlines is best.

When the plane landed two police officers came , they asked a passenger to leave , when he was being taken away people started to whisper .....Italian or german tch tch tch

It was self explanatory , apparently he was not cooperating with crew

However I was completely refreshed , they even gave me a warm towel to wash my face with to freshen up

Turkish-stewaredess.jpg

Rule of the day when the plane takes off turn off your music and devices and chill

turkish-airlines-06.jpg

Last edited:
I go for the cheapest deal I can find all I want on a plane is some whiskey and earplugs so I can rest, I might watch a movie if I can't sleep the one I saw on the plane last was 12 years as a slave (pretty depressing).

i guess the hostesses offer a fine diverse list of gins juices and the strong green stuff

hqdefault.jpg

Only downside is if you happen to be a handsome black fella you might get frisked by these 2 lovely ladies .

1. Turkey is an asian country. Calling turkish airlines a european carrier is laughable at best

2. turkish airlines won internet polls and thats it. Its not a worldclass carrier and for sure does not offer the level you have on renomated airlines like Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates or Qatar.

3. I saw no grandeur in istanbul. It looked like any other middle eastern city to me. Infact i found some areas in cairo and alexandria more intersting.

4. Istanbul will never replace any mayor hub in europe, simly because it is to far from the industrialized european nations. Why should anyone from germany travel via istanbul, when frankfurt, london and rome are central to the main areas of civilisation. Istanbul suffers from its location in worldtravel. Its too close to the central capitals, but too far to be worth jumping over there. dubai makes much more sense. Beside that the current political development will make sure that the EU will throw enough stones into that to block it from being sucessful.

1. Turkey is a Eurasian country since it has lands both in Europe and Asia. European part of Turkey is bigger than several European countries.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

with all due respect, are you CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Istanbul????

4. Istanbul will never replace any mayor hub in europe, simly because it is to far from the industrialized european nations.

it's not Heathrow - but let me tell you - it is QUITE the hub. The international departure terminal is HUGE and quite busy most times of year

He is right when you view the "SCALE" image not the ...fake image of Europe vs Turkey one really sees HOW big Turkey is

Turkey is an European nation. Its capital is the largest city/capital of Europe. Turkey has historical roots in Europe as it was the ruling nation of almost half of Europe, and was most powerful superpower of Europe, and world, for centuries. European heritage comes from Turkish lands and vice versa. Hagia Sophia, earliest churches, major trade routes, and capital of Roman empire after Rome are areas that lie in today's Turkey

Turkey has a lot of European influence and Europe has alot of Turkish influence.

Turkey is an Euro-Asian nation.

hahaha...according to who? YOU?! An insecure, rather plain looking, undereducated lonely individual who sits on internet all day and open threads like these one's to "cry about your bad experience at a connecting flight?"

You know how pathetically sad you come out to be?

Turkish Airlines is a global airline with more destinations than any other airline in Europe.

I have been to London, Paris, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and what not..

Let me tell you something that anyone who has actually traveled will agree on: Istanbul, is by far, the cleanest mega city I've seen (haven't seen many. Especially Japanese one's. They may be much cleaner than Istanbul)...

London/Paris pales infront of Istanbul. Istanbul is much, much larger in population...transcontinental...offers best weather..and is the cleanest of all three. Moreover, Istanbul has most history and heritage to it.

It is much, much more "cultured" city as it is the amalgamation of global civilizations (Islam/Christendom), Europe and Middle-East, and a transcontinental city that has two different seas to its shores.

As I said, Istanbul has no match to her grandeur and heritage amongst major European capitals of today (namely Paris/London).

4. Istanbul will never replace any mayor hub in europe

With this old, over-crowded airport, Turkey is still on of the top three largest airhub of Europe....

Istanbul airport climbing rank to join London Heathrow, Paris Charles de Gaulle as Europe's top air hubs

Now imagine when mega airport of Turkey goes online, what will happen? :azn:

Read the article!

The new Turkish Airport will have the capacity to handle 150 million+ passengers...

You can live in your dreams and in your own little bubble (as you always live..whether its history or present)..but facts on ground don't change.

Turkey is kicking *** Mashallah..and there's nothing you can do about it...but to blabber.

Turkish Air Lines has consistently been voted as the best airlines of Europe in past couple of years. Even European football clubs voted Turkish Airlines as best airline to travel!!

The commercials of Turkish airlines gets more views on Youtube than continent wide "European" mega shows. :azn::azn::azn:

1. What are you on about, Turkey is considered a country with application to accession into the EU: EU Urges Members to Stop Stalling With Turkey - WSJ

2. Turkish Airlines is a world class carrier:
1 Emirates 8
2 Qatar Airways 1
3 Singapore Airlines 3
4 ANA All Nippon Airways 5
5 Asiana Airlines 2
6 Cathay Pacific Airways 4
7 Etihad Airways 6
8 Garuda Indonesia 11
9 Turkish Airlines 7

Source: The World's Top 100 Airlines in 2013
( The World Airline Awards began in 1999, when Skytrax launched its first global, airline passenger satisfaction survey.
In 2000, the survey attracted a worldwide completion of 2.2 million users, which has since grown annually, with the latest 2013-2014 survey achieving 18.85 million completed entries.)

3. You saw no grandeur in Turkey?
How is this not grand?
amazing-balloons-cappadocia-turkey-980x734.jpg

%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%A2%D1%83%D1%80%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8-ritas.kiev_.ua_.jpg

Amazing-Antalya-Beach-Turkey-Best-Beach-Vacation-2.jpg

en-guzel-turkiye-resimleri--7.jpeg

sb14.jpg

Once-Time-20-Amazing-Pools-You-Need-To-Jump-Your-Life-Mardan-Palace-Turkey.jpg

Istanbul-Bridge-Turkey-620x465.jpg

gotta give it to the Turks - they know how to market/advertise

once upon a time, Time Magazines ran entire pages on Pakistan International - the FIRST Asian Jet Airline to fly nonstop from NY JFK to LHR - London....all major design companies like Pierre Cardin lined up to design our staff uniforms.....we went backwards, hope we go back to the days of glory

Back
Top Bottom