What's new

Turkish Airlines...are you serious?

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I had a "inter-european" flight today and it was switched from Lufthansa Cityline to turkish airlines...i must say it was a strange flight. It started on the ground. It says you can carry one hand luggage in economy class. I had my bag and another additional bag where i carry my tech gadgets like ipad and so on. While boarding the women there insisted that i can carry only one...so i put my smaller bag into the bigger bag and suddenly evrything was fine.

Then inside the plane i plugged my earplugs in and listened music. It seems like next me sit a man and a few rows infront me his wife who was scared about flying. One of the crew approached me and since i did listen music i did not notice her...so she tipped several times at my shoulder...then asked me if i would change seats...

I love to sit next to the window and always do online check in to secure a window seat. So this was the next bummer and appeared unprofessional for me. I did change the seats though...

Next they started to serve food. You got a hard small bread and a strange sandwich. The berad could have also bee a coin. I dont know yet. Its hard like a stone. The sandwich tased like some acidic stuff.

The next turkish airlines joke was the entertainment system. They played a ...nazi movie plaiyng during WW II. Most pax in the plane were germans, so idk if this was done on purpose. I found it rude and some others were not that happy as well.

I think my facial expression explains the entire experience best.

P.s.: I found it disturbing and interestings ame time that turkish airlines used a longrange machine for a european flight. It is not banned but not adviced as well...

Last edited:
If you did not like the movie you were watching why did you not flick to another movie? They show more than 1 film on the media on all the airlines I flown with. As for the food selection I can not comment but usually you can specify what you want to eat on the Menu when booking the flight like any special requirements etc.

Why did she ask you to change seats? when you were allocated the window seat? makes no sense

A nazi movie in a plane with full of germans :D I like the sense of humour of Turkish Airlines.
Speaking of my experiences, generally germans always complain about something when it comes to Turkey, during holiday in a five star hotel even with the cheapest price they can get such superb quality still it's extremely difficult to make those people satisfied. So, no one cares about them anymore.

If it's said 1 bag for each person you should have obeyed the rules, you should have put your smaller bag in bigger one before you were warned. Flight crew already dealing with thousand of people like you in daily basis, you are no exception. I flew with Turkish Airlines several times and food was tasty, everyone has different sense of taste. They wanted to ask you to change your seat while you listening music normally you didn't notice, and she/he touched your shoulder, I see nothing wrong with that. Have you asked for the reason the change of seat?

Longrange plane probably is back from a longrange flight or will proceed to long range flight after last destination, that's why it's used. Turkish Airlines route planners probably know better than you and me.

As for Turkish Airlines, chosen the best airlines of Europe four times in a row, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 more than one category, "Best Airline in Europe", "Best Airline in Southern Europe", "Best Business Class Catering" and "Best Business Class Lounge Dining" by the passenger's choice. In always top 5 in world's rankings ahead of your beloved Lufthansa.

So some people love to be dramaqueen and always complain, nothing can change it. A better option for you not to fly with Turkish Airlines. Btw, please stop selfie'ing yourself, we really are not interested in.

If you did not like the movie you were watching why did you not flick to another movie? They show more than 1 film on the media on all the airlines I flown with. As for the food selection I can not comment but usually you can specify what you want to eat on the Menu when booking the flight like any special requirements etc.

Why did she ask you to change seats? when you were allocated the window seat? makes no sense

You could not flick...it was one of thos antiquated entertainment systems with one TV panel for many rows. You can´t control it individually.

She asked me to switch seats so the wife of the guy next to me could sit next to her husbend.

I had a "inter-european" flight today and it was switched from Lufthansa Cityline to turkish airlines...i must say it was a strange flight. It started on the ground. It says you can carry one hand luggage in economy class. I had my bag and another additional bag where i carry my tech gadgets like ipad and so on. While boarding the women there insisted that i can carry only one...so i put my smaller bag into the bigger bag and suddenly evrything was fine.

Then inside the plane i plugged my earplugs in and listened music. It seems like next me sit a man and a few rows infront me his wife who was scared about flying. One of the crew approached me and since i did listen music i did not notice her...so she tipped several times at my shoulder...then asked me if i would change seats...

I love to sit next to the window and always do online check in to secure a window seat. So this was the next bummer and appeared unprofessional for me. I did change the seats though...

Next they started to serve food. You got a hard small bread and a strange sandwich. The berad could have also bee a coin. I dont know yet. Its hard like a stone. The sandwich tased like some acidic stuff.

The next turkish airlines joke was the entertainment system. They played a ...nazi movie plaiyng during WW II. Most pax in the plane were germans, so idk if this was done on purpose. I found it rude and some others were not that happy as well.

I think my facial expression explains the entire experience best.
rhmgh7xd.jpg

P.s.: I found it disturbing and interestings ame time that turkish airlines used a longrange machine for a european flight. It is not banned but not adviced as well...

Atleast you didnt traveled in Indian low cost carriers. :P

A nazi movie in a plane with full of germans :D I like the sense of humour of Turkish Airlines.
Speaking of my experiences, generally germans always complain about something when it comes to Turkey, during holiday in a five star hotel even with the cheapest price they can get such superb quality still it's extremely difficult to make those people satisfied. So, no one cares about them anymore.

If it's said 1 bag for each person you should have obeyed the rules, you should have put your smaller bag in bigger one before you were warned. Flight crew already dealing with thousand of people like you in daily basis, you are no exception. I flew with Turkish Airlines several times and food was tasty, everyone has different sense of taste. They wanted to ask you to change your seat while you listening music normally you didn't notice, and she/he touched your shoulder, I see nothing wrong with that. Have you asked for the reason the change of seat?

Longrange plane probably is back from a longrange flight or will proceed to long range flight after last destination, that's why it's used. Turkish Airlines route planners probably know better than you and me.

As for Turkish Airlines, chosen the best airlines of Europe four times in a row, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 more than one category, "Best Airline in Europe", "Best Airline in Southern Europe", "Best Business Class Catering" and "Best Business Class Lounge Dining" by the passenger's choice. In always top 5 in world's rankings ahead of your beloved Lufthansa.

So some people love to be dramaqueen and always complain, nothing can change it. A better option for you not to fly with Turkish Airlines. Btw, please stop selfie'ing yourself, we really are not interested in.

It is recommended to not use longrange airplanes for short flights because they simply aren´t build for that. Their material is under much more stress from the constant landing and starting again. It already caused one crash in asia few years back and is a issue.

As for "touching". Thats simply rude and not very accepted anywhere in europe. You simply don´t do that. Its first lesson for them. I don´t mind it but someone elderly could get angry then.

You could not flick...it was one of thos antiquated entertainment systems with one TV panel for many rows. You can´t control it individually.

She asked me to switch seats so the wife of the guy next to me could sit next to her husbend

Its okey, that happens in many part of world, including India. Maybe not in Germany.

Oh and if you see this as humour and like it, then i doubt that turkish airlines has a service quality at all. You should make your pax happy and not anger them. Service means that your guests enjoy it.

@MarkusS what's the point of you posting this and, above all, a selfie of yourself on a defense site? you can complain on their site or at least come to our cay bahcesi thread instead of opening a thread solely for your complaint, as if your input is important for everyone to see. No need to say more, @damm1t rebuked your rants nicely.

As for "touching". Thats simply rude and not very accepted anywhere in europe. You simply don´t do that. Its first lesson for them. I don´t mind it but someone elderly could get angry then.

Come ooooon.. there is nothing rude with that neither in europe nor alaska.. people gently touch each other if they are not get noticed.. next time I will shout to europeans when they touch my shoulder, "HOW DARE YOU! THAT WAS SO RUDE WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!"

all my experiences on Turk Hava Yollari were good ones. My only complaint once was a flight from Istanbul to Karachi (in 2008) in which it left 2 hours late but that was due to technical problem (smoke was reported)

i kind of liked the bread they have.....if my memory serves me right we had a choice between beef dish or fish filet.

oh - and they give out lots of Yeni Raki if you ask for it. And I asked about 7 or 8 times, they had no problem with that

flight entertainment systems usually give you a choice between about 10 movies as well as music (the music was garbage, but you dont fly on planes to listen to music when most people have phones with music on it)

the crew are also pretty professional

but that's just my experiences with THY. I've flown them on several occasions as I used to live in Turkiye

Back
Top Bottom