What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

@Armstrong remember when you asked why Azeris dont see you as friends? Heres you answer (0:50). :)
@rmi5

Q: Which country is Azerbaijans friend?

Just one kid ! :(

Be that as it may kardes, Azeris on this forum are very uptight....just follow their posts - Nothing exists out of the triad of Azeri, Russian and Armenian worlds ! :unsure:

Thats all they ever talk about; HELLO the world is bigger than that trio and you're on an International forum....talk about something in addition to how bad Armenia is, how bad Russia is for supporting them and how wonderfully the Azerbaijani military is progressing ! :crazy:

Just one kid ! :(
Only three countrys out of 200 was picked and one of them was Pakistan what more do you want? :D

Be that as it may kardes, Azeris on this forum are very uptight....just follow their posts - Nothing exists out of the triad of Azeri, Russian and Armenian worlds ! :unsure:
Thats all they ever talk about; HELLO the world is bigger than that trio and you're on an International forum....talk about something in addition to how bad Armenia is, how bad Russia is for supporting them and how wonderfully the Azerbaijani military is progressing ! :crazy:
We have only 2-3 Azeris here and you are going to scare them away dude. :)
The thing is Azerbaijan is a small country where international politics isnt in such focus, their biggest topic on foreign policy is Karabakh conflict.

Well, the word uptight has not much positive connotation. Anyway, Azerbaijanis have a strong conservative culture, that I am proud of it. We may seem to be uptight, or take the life more seriously than others, but I believe that is the correct life style.

IMHO, Being a clown or talking useless stuff is moronic. We are born free with a limited life time. So spending time on useless stuff for pleasing others from thousands of miles away is stupid in my opinion. We have big problems to solve for our great nation, which needs hard working and not wasting time on the stuff that are not our business. For example, my business are Turkish, and Iranian sections, so I don't care about Chinese or Indian or ... sections. I don't remember posting in those unrelated sections. For me, it makes sense, for some else, it may does not.

Anyway, Armenia is our enemy. what else you expect to hear from us? do you expect us to cheer for them? About Russia though, our comments are balanced. About our military, it's indeed progressing wonderfully. Why should we say something against our progresses. Other stuff are not business, so we don't waste time to comment about them.
@xenon54 Azerbaijanis of the forum are more than that, not much though. We have Azeri440, ASQ-1918, Kamil, myself, and also Ostad from South Azerbaijan.

@Targon, @asena_great

Speaking of ram and its association with bravery in our cultures, graves with ram sculptures were practiced in Azerbaijan up to 19th century (usually built for people "distinguished" in bravery, martyrs in battles). Such ram sculptures can be also seen in Eastern Anatolia from Qaraqoyunlu and Aqqoyunlu periods, and was practiced in Iğdır as late as early 1900s (belonging to Azerbaijani Turks).

L3kOU9c.jpg

Iğdır.

8FrPGoH.jpg

Last edited:
@ASQ-1918

Wow thats interesting, never heard before.

Although its seems like its not spesific to Turks, might be something ancient too, who knows.

Last edited:
I was just going to ask if such sculptures are found elsewhere in Anatolia (although I haven't come across such information, but better to ask).

Never heard of it? It's odd that this practice would be limited to Qaraqoyunlu and Aqqoyunlu tribes in eastern Anatolia, and not practiced by other Turkmen tribes.

@Targon, @asena_great

Speaking of ram and its association with bravery in our cultures, graves with ram sculptures were practiced in Azerbaijan up to 19th century (usually built for people "distinguished" in bravery, martyrs in battles). Such ram sculptures can be also seen in Eastern Anatolia from Qaraqoyunlu and Aqqoyunlu periods, and was practiced in Iğdır as late as early 1900s (belonging to Azerbaijani Turks).

L3kOU9c.jpg

Iğdır.

8FrPGoH.jpg
i personally don't hear anything about ram and that's maybe cuz of some bad atmosphere in my home town here when we talking about these things or our clan/tribe identity usually none turkmens mock us and connect our people/clan to Native Americans so most of people think in this era all these old things including tribe/clan identity should be forgotten but since we have igdir clan here than we must have it among our people our area has very rich and old oghuz turkic identity some places mentioned in dede korkut epices actually exist in our land also we have kor clan which i believe they are descendant of koroglu but sadly since here people Brainwashed they are punch of barbarians and they have no connections to azeri/turkish people and oghuz culture and the best thing is too hide/give up on their identiy to skip the shame they wont enter this kind of discussion

@ASQ-1918

Although its seems like its not spesific to Turks, might be something ancient too, who knows.

There is none older than 14th century, it's certainly nothing "ancient", and also certainly a Turkic tradition (first and foremost because of the time period this practice appeared). I believe you might have stumbled upon the mention of such sculptures in Armenian graves, but they must have been copied from (Azerbaijani) Turks, since like said its origins are no older than late medieval times. And obviously it seems like a nomadic tradition. In eastern Anatolia they are all dated around 15-16th century and are attributed to Qaraqoyunlu and Aqqoyunlu. Although Armenian population was much bigger in eastern Anatolia, as far as I know there is none attributed to them there, only such Armenian graves are in Caucasus region, so this was something they had copied in a specific area and was not widespread among them at all, as their numbers (as in locations) are much fewer compared to Turkic ones.

I shall add that they are also found in Qashqay areas in southern Iran.

Last edited:
I looked more into it, Armenian examples don't seem to feature ram, but exclusively horse figures (whereas Turkic ones has both). But there is no doubt about where it comes from, the tradition appears with the advent of Qaraqoyunlu and Aqqoyunlu tribes (and the geographical distribution connected to it), and not before.

Turkmenistan leader says UN must lead in preserving stability, strengthening faith in institutions
603306-Turkmenistan.jpg
Foreign Minister Rashid Meredov of Turkmenistan addresses the General Assembly. UN Photo/Yubi Hoffmann

Tweet 6
Print

24 September 2014 – There is no military solution to international and internal conflicts in today’s world, Turkmenistan’s Foreign Minister, Rashid Meredov, told the General Assembly today, urging the United Nations to take the lead role in resolving contradictions, preserving stability, and strengthening faith in institutions.

On a regional level, Turkmenistan supports Central Asian partnerships that strengthen conditions for maintaining lasting peace and stability and successfully reacting to terrorist threats, extremism, organized crime and drug trafficking. As a neutral country and Afghanistan’s immediate neighbour, Turkmenistan has offered to organize an inter-Afghan national dialogue under the auspices of the UN, he said.

On the energy and transport front, Mr. Meredov highlighted the plan to construct the Turkmenistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline and a railway project that would run through Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. While these projects are instrumental in the transition to peace, the most important prerequisite for peace is disarmament, said Mr. Meredov.

“We stand for consistent strengthening of international and regional cooperation in reducing the arsenals of weapons of mass destruction and effective implementation of the non-proliferation regime,” said Mr. Meredov.

He called on the UN to get involved in the systematic and strategic planning in the transport sphere. The Ashgabat Declaration adopted at the end of a transport conference in Turkmenistan’s capital earlier this month reflects the need for cooperation to develop transportation infrastructure and to take into consideration the needs of developing countries, including landlocked States.

@rmi5 @Sinan @xenon54

guys i know alot of things about turkmenistan it's not simple as u think it is u are both ignoreing 2 facts

one is the lake of coustumer

second is internal political problems

the second one is really pain for the country i know how their system is , it's total BS let me explaine how it was the 22 years of turkmenistan

at first turkmneistan has governor/administer and ofc the were corrupted but at leats they were something could called governor and they are responsible for construction gas/oil industry in turkmen ssr at morning of indepency head of kgb and the first life time presient of turkmenistn took the power druing this time those governor/administers whom also where educated people get excuted/jaild or fled the country (those whom fled take as many money as they could ) since niyazov was head of kgb of turkmen ssr he had the ability to control those whom work beneath him his orders were obeyed like a king now those whom kiss his hand would remain in power and the king was fully heavily pro Russian after big dog dies there was fight between those heavily pro Russians and those whom weren't , pro Russian jaild or fled the county (ofc with money ) most notable person is the former presidnet's son , the current persident dont have power of his predecessor he is nobody lets say there is several camp in turkmenistan and his party simply hold the power and make him president he was dentice who worked in hospital they make him president cuz he is not a dangerous person whom the sized power now this is the problem punch of gangs rulling turkmenistan and some gangs whom overthrowned trying to get back to power even with russians help while those whom in power trying to kick eack others out even by russians help ! every time politicians fight each other a lot of money goes about ( plz stoping these crap about gold monuments these things are nothing compared to politicians money )

i know one of the importent family of turkmenistan , there was a father whom was a important he dies and his older son get his place now the younger son/son in law and even the cousins want their share of wealth and power and they are ready to do anything to get it or over throw the older son im giving u the example of how BS politic is in turkmenistan in fact there is some gangs whom fight each other gaining wealth by destroying the future of turkmenistan some time i wonder how the things still stand there i can say they dont have effective army cuz they there is no gov and the gangs dont trust each other nor the normal people , im sure they dont have good educations so it's fvck up now if we add the russians and the problem of gas customer /country's income u will get the clear view on how the turkmenistan is

turkmenistan become a country i want when a strong and wise leader raise and clear these gangs and make real reform on both political and social

This is simple to solve, settle down your differences with Azerbaijan and connect to TANAP, Europe is addicted to Gas it wont be a problem to find customers.

As for internal problem, Turkmens need to solve their problem for the sake of their Nation, i know it isnt easy as Turkey had much bigger domestic turmoils in history but its neccessary for your future.

Intersting Post. I knew some stuff, but not with this much detail. Turkmenistan is run like how a province of an empire was ruled in two centuries ago. every one trying to reach to power, and the center support, Moscow in this case, is crucially important. Turkmenistan is in a deep trouble, unless a tribe, a party, a gang, or something like that, takes over all the power, then if they are smart enough, Turkmenistan can progress. What I don't know about Turkmenistan is how much power different tribes have and whether a coalition of them can take over the control?

@rmi5 @Sinan @xenon54

guys i know alot of things about turkmenistan it's not simple as u think it is u are both ignoreing 2 facts

second is internal political problems

the second one is really pain for the country i know how their system is , it's total BS let me explaine how it was the 22 years of turkmenistan

at first turkmneistan has governor/administer and ofc the were corrupted but at leats they were something could called governor and they are responsible for construction gas/oil industry in turkmen ssr at morning of indepency head of kgb and the first life time presient of turkmenistn took the power druing this time those governor/administers whom also where educated people get excuted/jaild or fled the country (those whom fled take as many money as they could ) since niyazov was head of kgb of turkmen ssr he had the ability to control those whom work beneath him his orders were obeyed like a king now those whom kiss his hand would remain in power and the king was fully heavily pro Russian after big dog dies there was fight between those heavily pro Russians and those whom weren't , pro Russian jaild or fled the county (ofc with money ) most notable person is the former presidnet's son , the current persident dont have power of his predecessor he is nobody lets say there is several camp in turkmenistan and his party simply hold the power and make him president he was dentice who worked in hospital they make him president cuz he is not a dangerous person whom the sized power now this is the problem punch of gangs rulling turkmenistan and some gangs whom overthrowned trying to get back to power even with russians help while those whom in power trying to kick eack others out even by russians help ! every time politicians fight each other a lot of money goes about ( plz stoping these crap about gold monuments these things are nothing compared to politicians money )

i know one of the importent family of turkmenistan , there was a father whom was a important he dies and his older son get his place now the younger son/son in law and even the cousins want their share of wealth and power and they are ready to do anything to get it or over throw the older son im giving u the example of how BS politic is in turkmenistan in fact there is some gangs whom fight each other gaining wealth by destroying the future of turkmenistan some time i wonder how the things still stand there i can say they dont have effective army cuz they there is no gov and the gangs dont trust each other nor the normal people , im sure they dont have good educations so it's fvck up now if we add the russians and the problem of gas customer /country's income u will get the clear view on how the turkmenistan is

turkmenistan become a country i want when a strong and wise leader raise and clear these gangs and make real reform on both political and social

Bro, their case is not like that. if one party decides to get close to Azerbaijan for gas export(which is now basically named Russian gas export to europe, the most important power projection tool of Russia), it means they would lose Russian support and they will be toppled ;) unless, one party actively engages Azerbaijan in their internal affairs, and Azerbaijan fully supports one party, which again I doubt Azerbaijan do that, since they want to keep Russia satisfied in some degree for the sake of Karabagh and some people who have connection/money in Russia.

This is simple to solve, settle down your differences with Azerbaijan and connect to TANAP, Europe is addicted to Gas it wont be a problem to find customers.

As for internal problem, Turkmens need to solve their problem for the sake of their Nation, i know it isnt easy as Turkey had much bigger domestic turmoils in history but its neccessary for your future.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom