What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Please set the time at 33:30.

Türk adına karşı uydurulan ''Azeri'' yalanı.

The story of fear of Turks among Persians and therefore how ''Azeri'' is made up in early 1920s by Iran and then Soviets to divide Oghuz Turks of Turkey, Azerbaijan and South Azerbaijan is explained by a proffessor of History in Hacettepe University.

Turkey welcomes fourth group of Meskhetian Turks from eastern Ukraine

More than 300 Meskhetian Turks from the Turkish-speaking minority in eastern Ukraine arrived in Turkey's eastern Erzincan province early Friday.

The group have fled their homes during the conflict between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russian separatists in the eastern region of Ukraine.

This is the fourth group that has so far been brought to Turkey. Approximately 1,200 Meskhetian Turks have arrived in three separate groups since last December to the Uzumlu district of Erzincan where the government has provided furnished apartments.

Erzincan's deputy governor Ahmet Turkoz told Anadolu Agency that around 595 families will be brought to Erzincan.

"Our president [Recep Tayyip Erdogan] made agreements to bring Meskhetian Turks to Turkey, when he visited Ukraine last year," Turkoz said.

In April 2015, the Turkish Council of Ministers enacted measures allowing at least 3,000 Meskhetian Turks to be accepted by the Turkish government as legal asylum seekers.

According to the World Meskhetian Turks Association, nearly 25,000 Meskhetian Turks live in Turkey. In 1944 they were expelled from their homeland, the Meskheti region of Georgia, by Soviet leader Joseph Stalin.

Many migrated to Ukraine with the break-up of the Soviet Union, where they settled in shantytowns used by seasonal workers.

http://www.dailysabah.com/nation/20...roup-of-meskhetian-turks-from-eastern-ukraine

Turkish leader calls for renewed ties with Uzbekistan

n_106297_1.jpg

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Nov. 18 that ties between Turkey and Uzbekistan should be developed further after the Central Asian country’s presidential election is held on Dec. 4.

“In this new period, we must work to improve our relations in all areas,” state-run Anadolu Agency quoted Erdoğan as saying during a meeting with Uzbekistan’s acting President and Prime Minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev in Samarkand.

Uzbekistan’s Dec. 4 poll follows the death of former ruler Islam Karimov in September. Karimov had ruled the country with an iron fist for 27 years.

Mirziyoyev will run in the election for Liberal Democratic Party, which the late Karimov had represented.

Erdoğan said that following the Uzbekistan election the first official visits at presidential level should be between Ankara and Tashkent.

He described Uzbekistan as a “guarantee of the region’s stability” due to its deep-rooted state tradition, historical heritage and strategic position.

“I believe you will maintain Uzbekistan’s political stability and economic development … I wish you success for the Dec. 4 election,” he added.

Mirziyoyev said Turkey had been the first country to recognize Uzbekistan’s independence and had provided great support.

“We will never forget this … Turkey is a prestigious country and has great opportunities in the world. You are a leader who has great life and political experiences. Your eternal love and efforts for the Turkish people amaze me, like most people, and it is a lesson for us,” he added.

Mirziyoyev said Uzbekistan aimed to “improve relations based on equal rights and mutual respect and to turn a new page in cooperation between the two countries.”

Erdoğan’s visit to Uzbekistan follows his trip to Pakistan earlier this week. He is accompanied in Uzbekistand by deputy prime ministers Tuğrul Türkeş and Veysi Kaynak, Family and Social Policies Minister Fatma Betül Sayan Kaya, Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekçi, Energy and Natural Resources Minister Berat Albayrak, National Intelligence Agency (MİT) chief Hakan Fidan, Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar, Presidential Spokesperson İbrahim Kalın, Justice and Development Party (AKP) Vice-President Mehdi Eker, Prime Ministry’s Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) President Serdar Çam and TRT Director General Şenol Göka.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...stan.aspx?pageID=238&nID=106297&NewsCatID=356

New railway line connects Turkmenistan, Afghanistan

The first phase of the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Tajikistan railway line opened on Monday at the Imam Nazar-Aqina border crossing between Turkmenistan and Afghanistan.

"The great Silk Road is being rebuilt. This railway line will support not only the participating countries' economies but also Asia, Europe and other neighboring countries' economic growth," President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow said.

"In addition to the economic integration of the states, it will also serve to strengthen the friendship," he said.

He highlighted the necessity for a rapid growth transportation sector to facilitate sustainable development and the regional socio-economic integration.

The total length of the railway corridor project is expected to be around 700 kilometers (435 miles). The first phase of the project is 88-kilometer (55-mile) long.

The opening ceremony was also attended by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.

Ghani said the railway line would boost trade, dialogue, and friendship among the participating countries.

"This is a historical day. We appreciate the development and successes of Turkmenistan, the country that we can trust the most," he said.

http://www.dailysabah.com/asia/2016/11/28/new-railway-line-connects-turkmenistan-afghanistan

Our Greek cousins with our Aegean Turkish dance. If this isn't a good enough reason to invade them, then I don't know what is!!

@mohammad45 Would she be stoned to death in Iran, bro?

Our cultures are closely related with a lot of mutual exchanges. We took from them, they took from us.

Our cultures are closely related with a lot of mutual exchanges. We took from them, they took from us.
I know. I just wanted an excuse to post it, she is hot!! Or maybe because she is dancing a "zeibekiko" and that dress?. :lol::smitten:

@brokk Please watch the video above and tell me why we should abandon that for faraway people such as China, whom, share absolutely nothing with us culturally, historically etc.
Russia,. I can understand, we do share a lot culturally with them....But Tajikistan?

I know. I just wanted an excuse to post it, she is hot!! Or maybe because she is dancing a "zeibekiko" and that dress?. :lol::smitten:

@brokk Please watch the video above and tell me why we should abandon that for faraway people such as China, whom, share absolutely nothing with us culturally, historically etc.
Russia,. I can understand, we do share a lot culturally with them....But Tajikistan?

Ok, this is going to be a somewhat cruel joke, but how many 'greek goddeses' have you actually seen? most sort of answer the question "where centaurs of greek legends come from..." ..besides, try watching a Balkan music festival or something...

Not sure on Tajikistan, but they aren't bad people (that is regardless of what most Russians imagine them to be). the rest them but "zevkler ve renkler tartışılmaz" but, here are a couple Turkics..

- kumyk / kumuk

Last edited:
Not sure on Tajikistan, but they aren't bad people
I don't think I said they are bad people?
Americans are not bad people either, are they? NATO is the best option we have.

And that last video you sent, who the hell is she? She is hot, is she speaking Russian.??
Send more of her NOW!!:lol:
:smitten::smitten::smitten:

And that last video you sent, who the hell is she? She is hot, is she speaking Russian.??
Send more of her NOW!!:lol:
:smitten::smitten::smitten:

She is a Kumyk from Dagestan :) (I did complain about the ones in Turkey though, who are of the ninja kind (çarşaflı) )

She is a Kumyk from Dagestan :) (I did complain about the ones in Turkey though, who are of the ninja kind (çarşaflı) )
I bloody love her!! I need her name though. :lol:

Those Ninjas are a worry though, so I get what you're saying. But, we should really discuss these sort of matters in Russian, so no one can understand :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom