What's new

Turkey’s changes echo Islamic resurgence

Bu götü boklulara cok prim vermene gerek yok abi. Götlerini temizlemeyi ögrenememis bir halktan boktan birsey bekleme.
Avrupada dogup büyüyen birisi olarak, bu iki yüzlüler sadece kendi dilinden anlar. Iyi niyetlilik bunlarin bazinda zafiyet ve kullanilmaya el verisli.

Dude, what century are you talking about? From 1453 up till the end of 16th hundreds we were leading in those areas. Ottoman is an empire spanning over 600 years, so be more specific

You were leading? I didn´t know Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo or Giotto were Ottomans. We are talking about the Renaissance here. Italy was the cultural and scientific center of the world then.

As i said, i visited turkey in 2013. I saw nothing in Istanbul that overly impressed me. The blue mosque was pale and not impressive at all. But you got a nice Starbucks near the market over there.

nonsense. For us italians the turks were barbarians. Thats the main reason why we fought against them and in the end pushed them out of the med and made them the "sick man".

Germanic tribes were considered barbaric even by Rome which commited attrocities on them.
Bu götü boklulara cok prim vermene gerek yok abi. Götlerini temizlemeyi ögrenememis bir halktan boktan birsey bekleme.
Avrupada dogup büyüyen birisi olarak, bu iki yüzlüler sadece kendi dilinden anlar. Iyi niyetlilik bunlarin bazinda zafiyet ve kullanilmaya el verisli.

Dude, what century are you talking about? From 1453 up till the end of 16th hundreds we were leading in those areas. Ottoman is an empire spanning over 600 years, so be more specific. We literally came up till Wien, and was stopped there. Had we beat your azzez in Wien, God knows entire European continent would be our province.

He's a troll .. Don't take him seriously.. Just bash him up for his stupidity n move on...

You were leading? I didn´t know Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo or Giotto were Ottomans. We are talking about the Renaissance here. Italy was the cultural and scientific center of the world then.

As i said, i visited turkey in 2013. I saw nothing in Istanbul that overly impressed me. The blue mosque was pale and not impressive at all. But you got a nice Starbucks near the market over there.
Next time you come to Istanbul, gimme a call, we can drink Cay in that Starbucks over there :D
Your sincerity and xenophobia actually amuse me amigo

I visited Istanbul after almost 30 years. I was blown away by what has been acheived by the AKP.

Turkey is now a super power in the making.

Oh, I also visited Pakistan after 30 years.

:o::o::o:

Next time you come to Istanbul, gimme a call, we can drink Cay in that Starbucks over there :D
Your sincerity and xenophobia actually amuse me amigo

Where exactly do you see Xenophobia at me? I travel. Visited several countries including Madagascar and loved it there.

I also liked turkey to a certain extent. Ephesos was awesome and i must say the public areas in Istanbul were nice for young people like me.

I´m in politics and i follow my parties goals. As i told you, this isn´t personal. I want the best for my nation and for my nation only. Turkey is historically an enemy of italy and i believe its better for my country to go against turkey since turkey shares 0 with us in this days.

Thats normal politics and i dont see where you see this as xenophobic. I even had a syrian girlfriend once and yet i talk against islam because i see it as enemy of italy.

We want gain votes in future elections and gain more seats in the government and regional governments.

You must draw a line between personal ideas and business interests.

I can´t expect me to push my nations interests back because someone else.

The truth? That we killed your ancestors and assasinated your sultan? ;) The Italian republics were the arch enemy of the ottoman empire. We were far ahead in science, culture and art compared to you and the ottomans were seen as savages. In the end we first stopped your ancestors, then started pushing back and in end at a longer process won.

Tell me when someone in Fireze, Venezia or Rome said Ottomans are great. ;)

Europe's collective contribution to political development since 12th centuries cannot be ignored or belittled, in my opinion. A bulk of the modern ideas that we cherish today, including the very concept of nation-state, is largely drawn from Europe's own experience.

This has not been an easy process, people paid the price by blood, in order to reign in the mystification of political power by organized religion. That's probably one of the few universal ideas that sensible people need to protect and promote.

I feel it is the large parts of the Islamic world that still miss out on these ideas and experiences at the cost of repeating Europe's 15th century. This should not have been the case. Luckily, Europe appears to be united and fairly strong to response to the assault of anti-nation state forces.

If there is an end to European experience (which, in my opinion, represents one of the highest organizational progress in human history), it is going to be due to extreme humanism and liberalism. I am saying this, of course, by keeping the colonial experience in mind.

No one is denying the contribution of European nationhood in the development of mankind as a whole. However useful it currently is, its faults far outweigh its benefits. Yes, due to nationhood we've come very far as mankind, in fields of science, politics, economics etc. But we've also gotten very backwards due to these ideas. Inequality is still a disease, both in terms of inequality in income, ranging from quasi countries that are entirely dependant on foreign aid the likes of Palestine or many central African countries. In terms of inequality in education, clean water and so on.

True progress is being able to see the long term benefits of postive outcome when we raise the poor from the slums and utilize the potential that exist in every single human being. Today being born in the Western camp entails numerious advantages and being able to live up to your potential. While at the same time people suffer devastatingly in slums in Bangladesh or Nigeria due to sweatshops whose sole function is feeding the unnerving materialistic waste in these same "progressive, developed" countries. True progress and development is when we understand concepts of self-sufficiency, not over indulgence and gluttony at the expense of poor families who damage their bones just to produce that t-shirt that costs you one minute of office work.

Yes we've come far, but in our progress our greed and self-indulgence has handicapped so many people who wouldn't have suffered through these lives had we not "progressed" so much in the West.

The biggest modern disease is self-entitlement, the inability to share our resources evenly exactly because modern borders put entitlement on their citizens and halts progress in that poor country. That said, nation-states are the very reason we've come so far that we can communicate here. But it shouldn't end there

What a benevolent god that keeps you ignorant, poor and backward. Way to go, LOL.

and because of this ignorance your asses are being put on fire, dont you think that way?
Europe is being "Muslimised" as we speak

What a benevolent god that keeps you ignorant, poor and backward. Way to go, LOL.

and by the way Muslims have more money than tiny Europe

and because of this ignorance your asses are being put on fire, dont you think that way?
Europe is being "Muslimised" as we speak

and by the way Muslims have more money than tiny Europe

the truth is bitter. Not one Muslim country is developed. Beneath the shiny skyscraper of Dubai or Doha is barbarity and ignorance. A islamised world means a world of darkness since none of you ever contributed to modernity. As we speak of Europe being "Muslimised", guess who is behind the vilification of Islam. LOL

any source to deny it?

Yes, ofcourse.

But you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you. Just interested to see what a perversion of facts this statement becomes when one tries to explain it.

the truth is bitter. Not one Muslim country is developed. Beneath the shiny skyscraper of Dubai or Doha is barbarity and ignorance. A islamised world means a world of darkness since none of you ever contributed to modernity. As we speak of Europe being "Muslimised", guess who is behind the vilification of Islam. LOL

you are where you are today is because of what Arab contributed to modernity.

any source to deny it?

The perfect proof that you guys will never get ahead of us.

you are where you are today is because of what Arab contributed to modernity.

So what? We got ahead in all aspects and never looked back while you got stuck in ignorance ever since and into the future. And the Arabs got their ideas from Greeks, Indians and Chinese. Where are you now in terms of science and development? LOL

BTW, you are not even an Arab. In the eyes of an Arab, you are just a second class Muslim. LOL

Back
Top Bottom