What's new

Turkey will produce its own Air Craft Carrier : Erdogan

Bro, you know, saying "Turkey produces it's own aircraft carrier" is good for internal consumption.

"Turkey didn't produced single ship (corvette and above class) before, now it's producing it's own AC, look how much we developed Turkey under our rule. "

Lol politicians often make such grandiose remarks to score political points and internal consumption. But hey thats what politicians are for, telling you things you want to hear. Lol

Anyway, Turkey(and even more so the Muslim world in General) is still a longgggg way from even producing a real powerful/modern frigate or destroyer independently without western powers help and cooperation, forget about building and operating a modern aircraft carrier independently something which only the U.S, U.K, RUSSIA, FRANCE and Italy have so far achieved. Granted Japan and Germany have had the capabilities and funds to do it for a long time now, but they are limited by their post WWII constitution/guilt, while China is just in the process of building its first EVER aircraft carrier. So imagine how complex it is for other far less advanced developing countries.

your presidant has done very good job reshaping turkey. its now that he is upto no good in syria. do what donald trump is saying build a wall!!!!!!!!
Done.
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-...n-civilians-trying-to-enter-illegally.435570/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed on the other parts of your post but......
Anyway, Turkey(and even more so the Muslim world in General) is still a longgggg way from even producing a real powerful/modern frigate or destroyer independently without western powers help and cooperation,

TF-2000 ?

If you mean engines, yeah you are right.

Done.
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-...n-civilians-trying-to-enter-illegally.435570/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed on the other parts of your post but......

TF-2000 ?

If you mean engines, yeah you are right.
Its still underdevelopment uses some western systems/missiles as well and we never know how such projects will end up until they are fully completed/commissioned. So yes the point still stands overall, though I must confess that overall, Turkey is still the most advanced muslim majority country in the world today.:)

people might not like Erdogan
But they can't ignore him

this guy has Balls
He does what he has said till this time thats why İ am thinking if he says we will have aircraft carier , I am sure we will have it in the future.
He is a big strategist and he plans for future.
Let's think we have base at Qatar and Somali ,Albania,Afghanistan etc. Why we need them?
Why is he going so many times to Africa states?
Are corvettes and frigates enough as flag ships for show off power .
We will have corvettes,i-class , tf-2000 frigates and aip-subs.Aren't all of them enough for an aircraft carier force?
What can we learn from Ukranians?They have sold Varyag but they have engineers know too much about cariers.
A few days ago they began to produce TN-214sub which is an aip-sub license product from Germany.Is this 6 aip-subs need only for Mediterrenian sea?After these we will began to produce Turkish type aip-subs.Are we need too many of them?
Without an aircraft carier can we make operations around the world?
He said we will support our soft forces with operational forces for many times.
He is doing what he has said.

Last edited:
If a country can produce a quality frigate, destroyer or corvette; producing an aircraft carrier is no big deal, the only requirement is the decision and a lots of money, not only to build it but also to operate it. As far as, capability is concerned, I'm sure that Turkey can produce it but I'm not sure if she needs it? or why does she need it?
Lots of money is a big deal. In fact and reality, money is THE deal. Please stop talking. You do not know what you are talking about.

Lots of money is a big deal. In fact and reality, money is THE deal. Please stop talking. You do not know what you are talking about.
Not only the money but also to be able to produce the necessity technologies, and there is operation costs etc...

Again saying this talk of Erdoğan is about LHD....not for something like this.

USS_Gerald_R._Ford_(CVN-78)_on_the_James_River_in_2013.JPG

Lol, this is going to spiral out of control, Guys, he is talking about the LHD.

JuanCarlos.jpg
He doesn't: "Turkey would soon “be in a position to make it's own aircraft carriers."
saying that Turkey would start producing an aircraft carrier after Turkey's LHD ship, TCG Anadolu.

Originally: "TCG Anadolu gemisinin ardından biz kendi uçak gemimizi yapar hale geleceğiz. Hiçbir engel yok."

It's not like saying, we will as it depends on needs. I don't know who edited thread's title as it causes misunderstood.

"TCG Anadolu gemisinin ardından biz kendi uçak gemimizi yapar hale geleceğiz. Hiçbir engel yok."

Then yeah, he is not talking about the Anadolu. But you know, we are building TCG Anadolu with the ToT from Navantia. Maybe he is indicating that after the project we might build the second one with our engineers and our designs.....but i don't think he is talking about the Aircraft carriers like the US ones.

If Turkey plans to build a carrier, Turkey should also in parallel start training to operate one.

It can do so by obtaining smaller British carriers on lease.

Then yeah, he is not talking about the Anadolu. But you know, we are building TCG Anadolu with the ToT from Navantia. Maybe he is indicating that after the project we might build the second one with our engineers and our designs.....but i don't think he is talking about the Aircraft carriers like the US ones.
Could be, I feel more like that as I remember @isoo once had a talk about it on forum.

Turkey(and even more so the Muslim world in General) is still a longgggg way from even producing a real powerful/modern frigate or destroyer independently without western powers help and cooperation
You are talking about the current condition, you don't know what the next 5 or 10 years hide. Let alone the next 5 or 10 years, you don't know what tomorrow hides.

So imagine how complex it is for other far less advanced developing countries
It was around 200 years ago, all those countries were behind Turkey. So imagine, 200 years is like a lifetime of a healthy son and father. Doesn't have any signifiance in history, things change fast you never know as nothing remains the same.

Last edited:
Originally: "TCG Anadolu gemisinin ardından biz kendi uçak gemimizi yapar hale geleceğiz. Hiçbir engel yok."

The sentence above just means "..... we'll be able to make our own flight ship, there is no hindrance."

Which doesn't specify that it's an AC or LHD, so I think most ppl are overreacting.

it going to based of the juan carlos amphibious assault ship which you got a licence for it has been slightly modifed to hold about a dozen [12] f35b's which is something the austrailian canberra class ship cant but it too is based of the juan carlos.
Juan-Carlos-1-class-LHD.jpg

even though its less than 30000 tonnes they are aircract carriers of that size in cervice.
the italian cavour displaced 27000 tonnes which is about the same as the juan carlos
cavour.jpg

and theres even smaller the htms Chakri Naruebet from thialand which only dsiplaces about 11,500 tonnes
thai8.jpg

which is near enough the same displacement as the largest missile destroyers from south koreas which displaces in at 11000 tonnes

300px-ROKS_Sejong_the_Great_%28DDG_991%29.jpg
So, it will be something LHD with VTOL stationed.

Does he want an aircraft carrier so that we can bomb the ME more comfortably ?

Back
Top Bottom