What's new

Turkey will produce its own Air Craft Carrier : Erdogan

If a country can produce a quality frigate, destroyer or corvette; producing an aircraft carrier is no big deal, the only requirement is the decision and a lots of money, not only to build it but also to operate it. As far as, capability is concerned, I'm sure that Turkey can produce it but I'm not sure if she needs it? or why does she need it?

Last edited:
Congratulations Turkey!!!! Very good news!!!:yahoo:

If a country can produce a quality frigate, destroyer or corvette; producing an aircraft carrier is no big deal, the only requirement is the decision and a lots of budget, not only to build it but also to operate it. As far as, capability is concerned, I'm sure that Turkey can produce it but I'm not sure if she needs it? or why does she need it?

2 - Turkey - Mediterranean Sea & Black Sea
1 - Arabian Sea
1 - Spare

So immediate requirement is 4 Aircraft Carriers (& obviously their battle groups). :-)

Nawaz Sharif's net worth has enough funds to build an Aircraft Carrier

Half a dozen actually.

2 - Turkey - Mediterranean Sea & Black Sea
1 - Arabian Sea
1 - Spare

So immediate requirement is 4 Aircraft Carriers (& obviously their battle groups). :-)
Sir, aircraft carriers are normally required to attack a country at significant distance when direct airstrikes from airbases are impossible or too expensive or for the naval blockade so in that sense I'm bit confused but I'm pleased to see this capability being acquired by a Muslim nation. I think Pakistan should also plan a few aircraft carriers especially in lieu to CPEC/Gawader.

Last edited:
Sir, aircraft carriers are normally required to attack a country at significant distance when direct airstrikes from airbases are too impossible or too expensive or for the naval blockade so in that sense I'm bit confused but I'm pleased to see this capability acquired by a Muslim nation. I think Pakistan should also plan a few aircraft carriers especially in lieu to CPEC/Gawader.

Aircraft Carriers are no doubt an offensive weapon, and are used for power projection, BUT they have a defensive angle to it as well, i.e. the ability to reach out and negate the threat, well away from the homelands shores.

Once that get F35 VTOL , they can easily made AC.If they chose to make a landing pad, they need to make very short strip for takeoff and landing. Amazing plane.

Short take off

Last edited:
surprise a lot of countries can't design and build a carrier like the Forestall Class

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrestal-class_aircraft_carrier

024109.jpg

designed in the 50's and built in the 50's. 60 years later only the U.S,France, and Russia have built carriers like this.

Great ...Atleast one muslim country is becoming self sufficient in defence production.which can benifits the other muslim countries aswell... Pakistan and Saudia should start joint production projects with Turkey for thier defence needs

Does turkey build destroyers? It took us decades after building destroyer class ships to attempt aircraft carrier.

surprise a lot of countries can't design and build a carrier like the Forestall Class

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrestal-class_aircraft_carrier

024109.jpg

designed in the 50's and built in the 50's. 60 years later only the U.S,France, and Russia have built carriers like this.

New INS Vikrant is 45K to 50 K, not that far off in tonnage. INS Vishal is expected to e some 65K Tonnes.

02_aircraft-carrier-INS-Vikrant.jpg

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has stressed the significance of the defense industry, saying that Turkey will soon start producing an aircraft carrier after an Anatolian ship, which is a sub type of amphibious vehicle.

Erdoğan's remarks were made in his speech at a launching ceremony of the Istanbul Naval Shipyard.

"There isn't any obstacle to producing our own aircraft carrier. It is possible with this determined government and state," said Erdoğan.
"There isn't any obstacle to producing our own aircraft carrier; Turkey cannot fall into laziness in the defense and military fields," Turkish President says

"Turkey cannot fall into laziness in the defense and military issues. The strategic point of our country doesn't allow this," said the President.

Erdoğan also touched upon the terror issue that Turkey has been struggling against for more than 30 years, said that the last year's efforts are the most significant part of Turkey's fight.

Erdoğan retreated that as many as 7,600 terrorists have been killed since the beginning of the counterterrorism operations that was conducted on July 2015.

m.yenisafak.com/en/news/aircraft-carrier-to-be-produced-soon-erdogan-2483327

Well, in Muslim World, two things lack as far as navy is concerned.
One is Nuclear Submarine and other is Aircraft carrier....

Good luck Turkey .......
What ever Turkey is doing for her people its good. But Turkeys relations with Russia should also be good, if Turkey wants to secure her long term interest world wide. Increasing tensions with Russia is not good, people of Turkey should understand that, and friendship of american is no good either.
Long live Turkey.

it going to based of the juan carlos amphibious assault ship which you got a licence for it has been slightly modifed to hold about a dozen [12] f35b's which is something the austrailian canberra class ship cant but it too is based of the juan carlos.
Juan-Carlos-1-class-LHD.jpg

even though its less than 30000 tonnes they are aircract carriers of that size in cervice.
the italian cavour displaced 27000 tonnes which is about the same as the juan carlos
cavour.jpg

and theres even smaller the htms Chakri Naruebet from thialand which only dsiplaces about 11,500 tonnes
thai8.jpg

which is near enough the same displacement as the largest missile destroyers from south koreas which displaces in at 11000 tonnes

300px-ROKS_Sejong_the_Great_%28DDG_991%29.jpg

Last edited:
it going to based of the juan carlos amphibious assault ship which you got a licence for it has been slightly modifed to hold about a dozen [12] f35b's which is something the austrailian canberra class ship cant but it too is based of the juan carlos.
Juan-Carlos-1-class-LHD.jpg

even thought it less than 30000 tonnes they are aircract carriers of that size in cervice.
the italian cavour displaced 27000 tonnes about the same as the juan carlos
cavour.jpg

and theres even smaller the mtms from thialand only dsiplaces about 11,500 tonnes
which is near enough the same displacement as the larger missile destroyers from south koreas which displaces in at 11000 tonnes

300px-ROKS_Sejong_the_Great_%28DDG_991%29.jpg

Bro, you know, saying "Turkey produces it's own aircraft carrier" is good for internal consumption.

"Turkey didn't produced single ship (corvette and above class) before, now it's producing it's own AC, look how much we developed Turkey under our rule. "

Bro, you know, saying "Turkey produces it's own aircraft carrier" is good for internal consumption.

"Turkey didn't produced single ship (corvette and above class) before, now it's producing it's own AC, look how much we developed Turkey under our rule. "
your presidant has done very good job reshaping turkey. its now that he is upto no good in syria. do what donald trump is saying build a wall!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom