What's new

Turkey wants to buy 40 new F-16 block70 and 80 F-16 modernization to the Viper standard

True, even though we lost WW1, we managed to get rid of a lot of enemies (some call it gemocide lol) I'd love a war right now tbh just to see where we're at as a power

True, even though we lost WW1, we managed to get rid of a lot of enemies (some call it gemocide lol) I'd love a war right now tbh just to see where we're at as a power
Love a war is s silly statement. Men die..are wounded. Orphans widows and mother crying on both side. Not a sensible thing to wish for

With their domestic AESA radar "nearly there", Why do they need modernization kits, or Blk70's for that matter?

You cannot simoly change your F-16 configuration willy nilly as it need to go through congress.

Actually you can if you want Lockmart to revoke your license and cease all tech and inventory support. Turkey is one of the few countries that can upgrade F-16 in house under license and they still rely on Lockmart for both parts and certification

Block 70/72 is a major update in which multiple components are replaced. AN/APG-83 is also one of the most advanced and reliable AESA radar systems out there.

I can create a chart to highlight some differences between Block 70/72 and Block 52+.

Turkey and China have technical knowhow for developing AESA radar systems but USA had much earlier headstart in this game and they continue to outpace others.

Turkish request does not surprise me TBH.

The first production AESA radar was Japan's F-2, and at the time it was the most advanced F-16 variant ever prior to Block 60. Afaik much of the works in F-2 would finally found its way to F-16 block 60, with UAE financial backing of course

With a fast search you will see that this picture is from the summer when they came for an exercise in the Balkans

in 2020 , A new USA base was announced in DEDEAGAC about 40 km from the Greek border with Turkey.
American Forces are still in Greece with 400 Tanks , 1.000+ IFVs , 60 Helicopters and many more to block Turkish Army in a conflict

2 days ago , DENDIAS said that American Forces are only a few km away from Turkey

even a few days ago , USA deployed more 15 F-15 Fighter Jets in Crete

Therefore Greek politicians are so barking
but daydreamer Greeks will pay heavy price for American/İsraeli interests
it seems , Greeks didn't learn a lesson 100 years ago

Last edited:
Again brother .... I think u are young. War is horrible nasty and if u want to see go to where they slaughter animals. Let see if you like it.
Imagine if yiu lose a limb or lose a member of your family. How will u feel?
Dude. If USA, Greece or whatever want war. and their children die. how is that our fault?? They shouldn't be in a war if they do not want their loved ones harmed. common sense surely.

Dude. If USA, Greece or whatever want war. and their children die. how is that our fault?? They shouldn't be in a war if they do not want their loved ones harmed. common sense surely.
Again you missed my point. War is the last resort. Yes if they push then there is no choice but to defend your homeland. But wanting war is wrong. I hope you see what I mean

Finally someone spoke the truth!! Yes, the Turkish asked for their money back from the -35 project. The US then proposed a few items, one of them was the deal on the -16 V. Turkey then asked for more upgraded kits. So the Congress and the Senate have to pass the additional upgraded kits to bring older Turkish -16's to the V standard (block 70). Since the offer for the 40 -16's block 70 came from the US, I don't think it would now be rejected.

I hope so.

Yesterday , President ERDOGAN said that USA has offered F-16s to Turkey as reimbursement over a blocked order of F-35s ( for the $1.4 billion payment )

problem is U.S Congress and anti-Turkey senators like Menendez

yesterday , President of Defense Industries ISMAIL DEMIR also said , SU-57, SU-35 deal can be opened at any time , İf Turkey has to

Buying and the intergration of Russian fighter jets in our currect air force is too difficult and almost impossible. Everyone knows that. The only realistic option is the upgraded F-16's but Turkey gives a clear message to the U.S with a possible buy of Russian fighter jets. Turkey shows that it can reach for alternatives (like the S-400) and this is what U.S is pretty worried about. They also know that such a move will break the strategic relationship between both countries completely. I think the U.S cant allow such a mistake to happen.

Turkey is still one of the most important countries for the U.S and NATO in that region. They need a strong country like Turkey to block any possible threat from Russia and China. Many people forget China but the real danger is China at the moment. Their influence in the Middle-East, Africa and even Europe is getting bigger and bigger. Economically and millitary. They cant block Russia and China with a comedy country like Greece.

So a powerful Turkish Air Force is important but they are afraid that Turkey is getting too powerful as Turkey has important defence projects like the TF-X. They try to find a balance in this matter. Powerful but not too powerful.

I hope so.

I would say, seeing the US government's mood on Turkey, I think these may not be approved. They are preferring Greece over Turkey and the only leverage Turkey had over them, were the US bases. All now moved to Greece!

I seriously doubt that Russia and Turkey can be friendship. I'd rather believe that Greece and Russia can be friendship. The Russians call Istanbul the third capital, second only to Moscow and St. Petersburg. From 1569, the Russians and Turks fought for 400 years. How can the two countries be friendship?

Buying and the intergration of Russian fighter jets in our currect air force is too difficult and almost impossible.

if Russia allow Turkey to use Turkish systems on SU-35s .... then its possible the intergration of Russian SU-35s in our currect Air Force

We dit it on American F-16 block30s with OZGUR modernization
( national AESA Radar , source codes , mission computer , IFF system , datalink , EW suite and weapons )

They also know that such a move will break the strategic relationship between both countries completely. I think the U.S cant allow such a mistake to happen.

Turkey wants to work with The US

but if USA also block F-16V to Turkey then ISMAIL DEMIR said , SU-57, SU-35 deal can be opened at any time , İf Turkey has to

U.S.Congress is full of anti-Turkey
PENTAGON is anti-Turkey
BIDEN ( White House ) says YES F-16Vs to Turkey

1-- Turkey is fighting USA-France-İsrael backed PKK/YPG terrorists in Syria
( and 3 Turkish military operations blocked their plans in Syria )

2-- USA-France-İsrael also use Greece against Turkey in the Eastern Mediterranean

Turkey lost 6 years to wait for F35s and so what ? to wait more 6 years for F-16Vs ?
U.S Congress will block sale of F-16V to Turkey ... and Turkey will lose another 6 years

Greece-Egypt buys F-16V,Rafale,MIG-29M2,SU-35 to block Turkish Airforce in the Eastern Mediterranean
also French Rafales will be in the game

Turkey may buy Eurofighter with METEOR Missile from The UK
but Germany is problem to block sale of Eurofighter to Turkey .. even there is a German cover embargo on the REIS class Submarines

Its seems , Turkey will have to buy Russian Jets , 2nd batch of S400s

Turkey may buy Eurofighter with METEOR Missile from The UK
but Germany is problem to block sale of Eurofighter to Turkey .. even there is a German cover embargo on the REIS class Submarines
But the question is,will Germany,Italy and Spain agree?

Buying and the intergration of Russian fighter jets in our currect air force is too difficult and almost impossible. Everyone knows that. The only realistic option is the upgraded F-16's but Turkey gives a clear message to the U.S with a possible buy of Russian fighter jets. Turkey shows that it can reach for alternatives (like the S-400) and this is what U.S is pretty worried about. They also know that such a move will break the strategic relationship between both countries completely. I think the U.S cant allow such a mistake to happen.
I agree with this

Back
Top Bottom