What's new

Turkey’s air-launched cruise missile ‘almost ready’

Launching from ground or any land/naval platform is very different from air launch.

If we consider air platform there is a starting velocity. At ground/naval platforms you have to modify missile engine for zero starting velocity.

At ground/naval platforms you have to modify software/hardware for gaining altitude and recalculating route when missile gains desired altitude.

This is a new and completely diffirent missile design.

I agree with you and i know what you are saying, i asked because this gives or acts as a base for most cruise missile technology and its not completely different missile design. But what i asked is there plan for ground and ship launch cruise missile as well ?

I don't know a plan like this, if there is a public announce about this i think cabatli knows it. (he always knows these things. :D )

I said completely different but I think this is not the right word. I should have said very different.

I don't know a plan like this, if there is a public announce about this i think cabatli knows it. (he always knows these things. :D )

I said completely different but I think this is not the right word. I should have said very different.

At present, There is tens of AG missile/bomb development programs carried out by MKEK, Roketsan and Tubitak SAGE institutes. Those are known I can list.

-HGK-1
-HGK-2
-HGK-3
-KGK-1
-SOM and/or MDM (It is stated that SOM has a range about 150km, While MDM belongs to air launched cruise missile family capabling of reaching longer ranges than SOM)
-NEB
-ATMACA

Some of them would be introduced in 4-5 June 2011.
In IDEF 2011, A member from other forum who asked a question about SOM to A Tubitak engineer stated that SOM has lots of similarities with NSM but I do not know whether the similarities of both is about appearance or guidance...

At present, There is tens of AG missile/bomb development programs carried out by MKEK, Roketsan and Tubitak SAGE institutes. Those are known I can list.

-HGK-1
-HGK-2
-HGK-3
-KGK-1
-SOM and/or MDM (It is stated that SOM has a range about 150km, While MDM belongs to air launched cruise missile family capabling of reaching longer ranges than SOM)
-NEB
-ATMACA

Some of them would be introduced in 4-5 June 2011.
In IDEF 2011, A member from other forum who asked a question about SOM to A Tubitak engineer stated that SOM has lots of similarities with NSM but I do not know whether the similarities of both is about appearance or guidance...
So is the Missile on F-16 SOM or MDM?

kindly if you can explain what SOM or MDM stands for?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom