What's new

Turkey makes its own AIP System

Let them babble, just ignore the barking and keep doing what you're doing brother. Czar used to bark at Ottoman empire and refer it as sick man of Europe, the Europeans used to bitch a lot too. The enemies will always continue to bark. Erdogan has made Turkey a significant regional power , it is time Turkey resurges to its original place in international comity of nations. Hearts and prayers of Pakistan and its people will always march with you.

Note: Please ignore fake false flaggers on this forum, they might be using Pak flags, but we know which country they are from.
Same as Turkiye they hide like rats. You mean peaceful civilian :)

thank you @Sinan. it was some words needed to b rearranged for better perception of fuel cell design. I've little knowledge about aip systems.

is it wholly newly developed system or being developed upon any existing one, like Stirling circle or french mesma!? maybe my question is a nerd's one :undecided:
Translation is more or less adequate. Except CO2 is not used as a fuel but as the system fluid.

System in principal more or less works like a steam turbine....but instead of steam it uses CO2.

There is only a conceptual design....although company says, it gonna produce a working prototype in 2017.

About 15.000 km range..... it is not entirely true.
- 800 km with 20 knot
- 1600 km with 10 knot
- 12600 km with 4 knot

can we get it for upcoming S20 ?
Turkey might add it to Pakistan's submarines, this is about the size of a torpedo, but Basically the new Pakistani diesel-electric or all electric submarines will be using a sterling engine as AIP system..

thank you @Sinan. it was some words needed to b rearranged for better perception of fuel cell design. I've little knowledge about aip systems.

is it wholly newly developed system or being developed upon any existing one, like Stirling circle or french mesma!? maybe my question is a nerd's one :undecided:

From the article:
"Countries such as America, Germany and South Korea also work intensively on power systems that use carbon dioxide gas. The US Department of Energy and the renowned engine manufacturer maintain their highest level of funding for six years of pilot applications. In spite of this, Turkey is taking the lead in this area."

So it is a new technology..

Is it common to flaunt tech advances like this in newspapers ? I thought this kind advances would be a secret.

Well, since it's "out" in the open, I'll wait for a western newspaper or magazine to post about it before I'll believe it.

Same as Turkiye they hide like rats. You mean peaceful civilian :)
Yes peaceful civilian and 2 other profiles, I forgot their names. The best way to catch a false flagger is to go into his profile and check previous posts. If he is abusing Pak Army, China , Turkey, you would know which country he is from. This peaceful civilian guy even claims that indigenous Kashmir freedom fighters are Islamic radicals.

If it can match the nuclear endurance this system will be a revolution in under water power..

There's nothing more that I know of :(. But one thing's clear, I congratulate the producer. Despite the problematic bureaucracy of our defense industry and limited R&D budget (I admit being harsh), there's one thing our companies expertised on very well. When the priority is TAF requirements with limited resource. Companies not only participate to Domestically Developed Projects and deliver their created platform right after production. RfPs and talks, seminars and all other kind of things shape the R&D policy of our defense companies. So I object that it's something uber duber new to us. That was clearly coming.

There are things that Force Commands long desire or insist on requiring, way before they go official. In my humble opinion, like here I said way before about the development of Egyptian Mistrals; it seems that we have clearly a good strategical vision and that is visible trough projects like these:

•AIP
•MILDEN
•TCG Anadolu
•Long Horizon
•TF-2000

What I argue is that we lack a tactical approach on defense industry and procurement. Thats perhaps because we are stubborn on bureaucratic things. Ex: Why not expand naval aviation fleet with more, longer ranged ASW/MPA planes, its gonna happen but should've been so a decade ago. Or why we did not have any APS projects before despite having the second largest mechanized unit force in NATO? Why, we did reformize the Air Force Security Forces last year but not a decade ago as it was supposed to. We have a pretty long list of "should've been" materials. And noone is to be blamed about that. Not the "higher minds seeking to see Turkey collapse", "imperial powers", "FETÖ"...etc. Its only because that we still don't have any clue on the thinness of the ice we walk on. Thank god we have firms like those that of in the OP's post.

img_4128.png

Wow, congrats for this achievement , this is encouraging news for Turkey. You don't need to depend on others in future. Congrats to hard working engineers .

hahahha
Is it common to flaunt tech advances like this in newspapers ? I thought this kind advances would be a secret.

Well, since it's "out" in the open, I'll wait for a western newspaper or magazine to post about it before I'll believe it.

hahaha, technical know-how is the fact what journalists can't define because journos knows all but knows nothing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom