What's new

Turkey launches national satellite

lol 60% defense needs by USD $$$ terms and not in equipment wise terms.

I am not jealous, you simply feel offended that South Korea helped you design and built it your Altay which you think is design / developed by you.

Is South Korea has small population then turkey and Sweden has small population , then also you taken SK help to build your tank

ISRO budget is now around 1.2 Billion USD, and PP GDP is much more high

In 1.2 Billion ISRO done lunches / Sats which not possible for NASA to launch a single Sat in that buget .Therefore actual GDP is based on PP which is much higher. Correct your facts.
Even in GDP per capita PPP India doesnt look much better than African states, the point is your claim that population has nothing to do with your Space program is wrong, fact is India wouldnt be able to afford any of those in your list without its massive population.

(guys stay polite, no need to insult)

nope, 70% foreign equipment dependency is really, really pathetic for a big country like India.

Nope, not offended by that. as i clearly and kindly explained in my first post, our defense industry only took off recently and we can't expect reinventing everything on our own right off the bat. Altay's design and chassis may be based on the K2, but the inner components (mostly) and software are Turkish. A very good step for our first effort on a MBT. Btw, your govt is allowing the same policy of accepting foreign designs, so everything you say can be and will be possibly said about any future Indian tank, chopper, ship, plane etc. too. What i am offended at is me taking a troll like you serious.
I think you have problem in understanding things

IF India Def budget is 1$ and India buy planes of 0.7 Cents then 70% of defense goes to outside, but in terms of equipment from 0.3 Cent India buys lots n number of things.

Even in GDP per capita PPP India doesnt look much better than African states, the point is your claim that population has nothing to do with your Space program is wrong, fact is India wouldnt be able to afford any of those in your list without its massive population.

(guys stay polite, no need to insult)
well yes , Indian GDP in PPP terms is very low that why Indian cannot afford anything , again i told you example, US one MARS mission cost Indian entire space program Budget , which in SATS/ Launches / MARS mission etc.

So what population has to do with it ?

Eg.
NASA MARS mission 1 Billion$ = 1Billion $ ISRO Few Sats / Rocket Lunches / Mars mission etc.

http://statisticstimes.com/economy/countries-by-projected-gdp.php

just for you to check your above.........link for GDP details
lol , India developed LCH chopper without EU partnership unlike Turkey T129 , India design and build own LCA plane without EU help unlike turkey...lol come with better example.. :))

Out of soo many missiles you make one, Just check your 65% Self -Sufficiency in field of air weapon. Out of soo many you have only One SOM -250 km missile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_weapons_of_the_Turkish_Air_Force

Today India making own SOM , A2A , LBGs etc

your J600T
a similar contract was signed with CPMIEC (Chinese Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation) for the Chinese B-611 SRBM system in 1998, covering the licensed production of a battery of B-611

The J-600T design is based on the B-611 SRBM developed by CASIC (China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation) as a low cost tactical missile system, with a range of up to 250 km in improved versions such as the B-611M, and as a replacement for the M-11 (CSS-7 and DF-11) missiles in Chinese inventory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-600T_Yıldırım

Are you kidding me... 900 km missile Vs 6K IRBM/ICBM Vs Sub launch missiles? While today India moved on 2nd gen of Missiles K-Series.

If I open your Defense Industry, you will feel defenseless....

I know, we know but India strategy to develop the things first which is Non available , Like Missiles, Nuke etc and then goto the things which is available.

Atlay:- Altay is copy version of Hyundai Rotem K-2. Origin from South Korea, Hyundai Rotem (technical support and assistance)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_(tank)

(Mechanical and Chemical Industries Corporation) agreed for the production and integration of a modified and licensed produced Rheinmetall 120 mm gun.

India produced Arjun, due to its Weight problem , Its area of operation is limited. and also IA is not ready with tank Doctrine.

T129:- The TAI/AgustaWestland T129 is a twin-engine, tandem seat, multi-role, all-weather attack helicopter based on the Agusta A129 Mangusta platform. The T129 was developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), with partner AgustaWestland.

India develop its own LCH without any outside help lol

Corvette and TF-100 Frigates :- India designing and building Corvette Frigates and now Heavy Destroyers , INS Visakhpatnam 7500 Tonnes.......

SOM :- India has own SOM, LBG's and A2A missile on verge of production

lol are you ppl kidding me on these........

Lol India developed its own AEW&CS with AESA radar.

What you do it only JV etc.
Its so easy to call something indigenous . Just build a structure , get engine , subsystem and weapons from European firms and call it indigenous . Best example Tejas , Arjun , IN ships .

well yes , Indian GDP in PPP terms is very low that why Indian cannot afford anything , again i told you example, US one MARS mission cost Indian entire space program Budget , which in SATS/ Launches / MARS mission etc.

So what population has to do with it ?

Eg.
NASA MARS mission 1 Billion$ = 1Billion $ ISRO Few Sats / Rocket Lunches / Mars mission etc.

lol , India developed LCH chopper without EU partnership unlike Turkey T129 , India design and build own LCH plane with EU help unlike turkey...lol come with better example.. :))
Truth can never be hidden

I think you have problem in understanding things

IF India Def budget is 1$ and India buy planes of 0.7 Cents then 70% of defense goes to outside, but in terms of equipment from 0.3 Cent India buys lots n number of things.
'India relies on foreign players for 70% of its defense needs' (source is the newdelhi website i gave you). You yourself claimed that India has a very skilled English speaking population, but you must be the black sheep if you cannot understand the VERY SIMPLE meaning of the words i quoted. Or it made you uncomfortable and now you try to twist around it, eh?

India may develop on its own, but it comes at a cost. For how many decades have the Arjun tank for example been in development from scratch before producing it? 30 years says wiki. And big LOL again, after 30 years of development the engine of your tank is still German and the fire control system is Israeli. If Turkey would go the same route, then the development phase of the Altay tank would have needed another 2 decades or so. Turkey chose a shorter route by taking a proven/existing design and fill it up as much as possible with indigenous systems. You can count your non-existing toilet on it that the next steps of the Turkish defense industry will focus on coming up with own designs for next MBT's. I truly cannot understand how a simpleton like you slings mud on others while your own stuff is full with foreign tech.

India, a huge nation, is for 70% dependent on foreign suppliers despite the enormous amount of engineers and researchers. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Indian_HAL_Dhruv_ALH_HELICOPTER.jpg

Indian provide World cheapest meds ,
In defense also despite having Restriction it has active advance ABM system / IRBM/ ICBM missiles. / Sub launch missiles.... t

in Edu also it has world largest English / IT skill force

Tell which which is the longest missile Truks has ?
which is biggest Ship Turks has? ID turks designed any Warships?

All things you developed / claimed is with help of EU companies ....its like we developed SU-30MKI with Russia or new 5th plane with Russian

Show me a single country in similar size which has infrastructure enough to develop such a big and active family of missile systems?

Precision strike Anti-Tank Family:

(Navy)Temren Block-2: 30km (Mizrak based Penguin equivalent strike missile)
(Navy)Temren Block-1: 17km (Mizrak based longer range strike missile)
Mizrak-UL : 8km
Mizrak-UIIR : 8km
Cirit SAL missile: 8km
Mizrak-O: 4km
Mizrak-K: 2-3 km

5MpOnL.gif

Hisar-Naval SAM family

Hisar-Naval missiles will be int. on TF-2000 ships to be operated under the Aselsan developed CAFRAD radar systems.

1-Hisar-AD Low Altitude Naval SAM project
2-Hisar-OD Medium Altitude Naval SAM project
3-Hisar-UD Long Altitude Naval SAM project

Project Model: Domestic development !

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=391

images

--------

1- Turkish Navy Port/Base/Installation protection missile defence system project
( I suppose Hisar SAM + Korkut CIWS )

Project Model: Domestic development !

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=390

Hisar-A
images

Turkish Land Forces SAM projects

1- Hisar MANPAD VSHORAD 4km altitude, 6km range (2018)
2- Hisar-A Low Altitude IIR 10km altitude, 16+km range, 4m length, 230kg weight, Oct 2020
3- Hisar-O Medium Altitude IIR 15km altitude, 25+km range (Ismail Demir stated 40km) 4,5m length, 300kg weight, 2021
4- Hisar-U Long Altitude Long Range, IIR-RF seeker, 20+km Altitude, 150km range

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=127
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=130

Hisar-O
images

--------

Turkish Air Forces SAM and AA missile projects

1- Hisar-ON (Nokta) Long Altitude Medium Range RF, 20km altitude, 50km range
2- Goktuğ-IIR short range AA missile (Not have details yet)
3- Goktuğ-RF long range AA missile (Not have details yet)

Goktuğ-IIR
images

The Gezgin LACM variants in accordance with Tübitak targets, It will be a range scale like following.

-Gezgin Blk 1: 1000km

The Gezgin is the cont. of SOM ALCM family. The current SOM family is being shaped as following,

-SOM first variants: 300km
-SOM advanced variant: 500km

XpJnP8w.gif

SR precision strike BM family:
Blk-1: 300km
Blk-2: 450km
v5M43D_1.jpg

Precision strike Artillery Missile Family:
-Sakarya-G (45km)
-Kasirga-G (Tiger) (120km)

images

Last edited:
India Spent 33 Years Developing This Fighter Jet And It’s Still Abysmal
The Tejas is a hodgepodge of parts from better fighters

Moreover, the Tejas — with a hodgepodge of technologies drawn from Israel, France, Russia and the United States, among others — would be a nightmare to clear for export.

Despite being billed as an indigenous aircraft, roughly 25 percent of the current Mk-1 version of the aircraft is built from imported components. While that might seem fairly low, those components are the core of what makes a fighter a fighter.

https://warisboring.com/india-spent...and-its-still-abysmal-799b271951cd#.a0t3h8pzr

EDIT: No one would seriously compare Turkey to India, thats wrong for many reasons.
But as someone said, India is importing 70% of its needs, Turkey is now below 50. And we only started in two decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom