What's new

Turkey cancels $3.4 billion missile deal with China: official

Finally , Turk gov compromises its principle as has been expected.

It is understandable choice. Uncle Sam is not kidding about this issue.

Turkey To Renegotiate $3.4 Billion Chinese Missile Defense System Deal
China, like the US and Europe had declined to transfer technology as part of its bid to sell FD-2000 air defense system to Turkey in June.

As a result Turkey may not be able to operate the FD-2000, the export version of the Chinese HQ-9 system effectively, Ismail Demir, head of Turkey's Under-secretariat for Defense Industries had said in June this year.

He said that Turkey had not yet made a decision regarding the purchase of the Chinese air defense system, because Beijing has not yet agreed to transfer the weapon's technology to Istanbul.

China was going to win the contract but China refused the technology transfer after Turkish-backed terrorists killed hundreds of innocent Chinese in multiple terrorist attacks.

China no longer wanted this deal to happen as Turkey is utterly despised in China, thus the CPC had to withdrew the technology transfer offer knowing the tech transfer was what Turkey wanted. Now you will have to buy it from others, I doubt you will get tech transfer from others.

I'm very relieved and an excellent result for China. Few billion in arms exports is not worth it to support a state sponsor of terror. I'm firmly against even having any diplomatic relations with Turkey that is one of the biggest sponsors of ISIS and ETIM.
Hehe,this is the Chinese subtle way of venting their frustrations and showing their disappointment after losing faces on international contracts,your tone sounds like somebody is doomed to be relying on you,once they bail on you,you act like it is you discarding them,but actually it is them discarding you.

Hehe,this is the Chinese subtle way of venting their frustrations and showing their disappointment after losing faces on international contracts,your tone sounds like somebody is doomed to be relying on you,once they bail on you,you act like it is you discarding them,but actually it is them discarding you.

Hacked account!

Its all politics... nothing too serious both nations are great nations ... peace:pleasantry:

If China really want to win this deal. They could have agree to ToT for FT-2000 full system but which major power in the right mind will do that? That included giving the know how making of the AESA radar of FT-2000. This is not possible.

Even US , Russia or French will never agree to such terms. China rather loses the deal than loses the hardwork/secret of making FT-2000 SAM

Good luck to Turkey-but cancellation of deals represents a type of irresponsibility and makes your reputation unreliable. I am saying this because US has done this many times even refusing to give us the F16's we paid for in advance. It leaves a poor reputation. Turkey should have made the decision earlier and not cancelled deals which already exist.

Another story I know is that a Syrian company bought computers from HP. But they had trouble to use those HP computers because of US sanctions on software (under George W Bush). It was a kind of betrayal by the US. I think Turkey needs to think about this. Something agreed in advance should not be scrapped like this.

If China really want to win this deal. They could have agree to ToT for FT-2000 full system but which major power in the right mind will do that? That included giving the know how making of the AESA radar of FT-2000. This is not possible.

Even US , Russia or French will never agree to such terms. China rather loses the deal than loses the hardwork/secret of making FT-2000 SAM

His account is hacked.

Good luck to Turkey-but cancellation of deals represents a type of irresponsibility and makes your reputation unreliable. I am saying this because US has done this many times even refusing to give us the F16's we paid for in advance. It leaves a poor reputation. Turkey should have made the decision earlier and not cancelled deals which already exist.

Another story I know is that a Syrian company bought computers from HP. But they had trouble to use those HP computers because of US sanctions on software (under George W Bush). It was a kind of betrayal by the US. I think Turkey needs to think about this. Something agreed in advance should not be scrapped like this.

Turkey cancelled the deal because China decided not to provide ToT , that was the only part of the deal Turkey really wanted.

China rather loses the deal than loses the hardwork/secret of making FT-2000 SAM

Especially when HQ-9 was developed by Almaz-Antey and a big part of this system China imports from Russia.:-)

btw, China can't produce HQ-9 in big numbers, maybe two battalions (battalion = one system) per year at best.

Turkey would never choose those systems, because Turkey is an USAnistan lapdogs and NATO.

This is statement isn't a false, because Almaz-Antey officially was involved in design of HQ-9\FT-2000.
I agree. Turkey never deserve our smypathy and technology. It will take them many decades to develop a world class SAM system like ours.

After long debates on matter, between scientists, policy makers, officers etc. Turkey decided to launch it's own system. In your drunk case or should I say b*tthurt? Turkey would get Patriots and would need no bids.

Last edited:
Why my messages got deleted ? Because i am telling the truth. My chinese friends your only importance for the world your cheap products and your robotic populations. Thats it.
You better watch your back when trying reach to the kurds or we can cut your hands don' t worry.

And for the some drunk russian peoples. We aren't lapdogs of anyone. USA, EU, Russia, China and others why don't love us ? Because everyones want fully controllable Turkey close to themselves. But i tell you something ; f#ck eachother, fight eachother you will never get this.

Back
Top Bottom