What's new

Trump may mount pressure to limit Pak nuclear programme

Did you study Pakistan's political situation? Do you understand that East Pakistan's leaders won the national elections and it was West Pakistan's civilian and military leadership that revolted from accepting the results?
I have read a good deal of history and that is why I can say, with the utmost confidence, that no one would have dared nuke anyone, let alone their own countrymen, in 71. That would not only have been a humanitarian disaster but also a strategic one.

I have read a good deal of history and that is why I can say, with the utmost confidence, that no one would have dared nuke anyone, let alone their own countrymen, in 71. That would not only have been a humanitarian disaster but also a strategic one.
So there was no point in destroying Delhi or threatening to do so. Yet you are forgetting, or perhaps are not aware, of the intense and irrational hatred at the time in W. Pakistani for their Eastern "brethren". How likely is it that W. Pakistan would have restrained from acting upon such hatred, rather than nuking the populace of Dhaka?

582a6b8ccb26b.jpg

Trump doesn't give a shit about Pakistani nukes, he want's money so lets crack an F-35 deal.

@Solomon2
It is interesting that you are asking why PA spends so much on defence etc. The same question was asked of your Golda Meir (Israeli PM) about people not having enough food but so much being spent on defence. Maybe you should dig out her answer before questioning Pakistanis why we spend what we spend.

As if Obama, Bush and Clinton didnt.
Those days of pushing Pakistan are way behind us

What "compromise"? I'm talking about common sense. How many pairs of shoes do you need in your closet? I have about five. Imelda Marcos had a thousand. How many "shoes" (atomic bombs) does Pakistan need?

(If you devote your entire economy to shoes you know it's going to collapse, right?)

Many years ago, this was a thriving, happy planet – people, cities, shops, a normal world. Except that on the high streets of these cities there were slightly more shoe shops than one might have thought necessary. And slowly, insidiously, the numbers of these shoe shops were increasing. It’s a well known economic phenomenon but tragic to see it in operation, for the more shoe shops there were, the more shoes they had to make and the worse and more unwearable they became. And the worse they were to wear, the more people had to buy to keep themselves shod, and the more the shops proliferated until the whole economy of the place passed what I believe is the termed the Shoe Event Horizon, and it became no longer economically possible to build anything other than shoe shops. Result – collapse, ruin and famine. Most of the population died out. Those few who had the right kind of genetic instability mutated into birds – you’ve seen one of them – who cursed their feet, cursed the ground, and vowed that none should walk on it again. Unhappy lot.”

Oh bhai take it easy, devoting whole economy on nukes , are you crazy or what...go and check we spend 2.5% of GDP on defence , lowest in the region !!!

You do understand, don't you, that a political leader who trumpets, "In times of war preservation of national integrity trumps everything" is part of the "self righteous lot", right?

Your response implies agreement: that if the Pakistani Army had had nuclear weapons at its disposal in 1971 it would have used them against East Pakistan in the name of "preservation of national integrity." Really. This is "military thinking" taken to its extreme. Do you understand now the problem with such an approach to national defense?

Solomon either you are acting dumb or you are one, looking at your geopolitical knowledge, I suspect its the former. Some times you deliberately overeact , it literally looks irrational and hilarious, trust me it doesn't help your argument.

These argument tactics might work on Arabs not on us buddy, try harder !!!

Trump can't CPEC and security relationship with Russia has given Pak the strategic leverage !!!

Hopefully he will playing with Indian Pussys in the Whitehouse so shouldn't have time for anything else.

@Solomon2
It is interesting that you are asking why PA spends so much on defence etc. The same question was asked of your Golda Meir (Israeli PM) about people not having enough food but so much being spent on defence. Maybe you should dig out her answer before questioning Pakistanis why we spend what we spend.
Is it important for me to know the answer or for you to know the answer? Really.

Oh bhai take it easy, devoting whole economy on nukes , are you crazy or what...go and check we spend 2.5% of GDP on defence , lowest in the region !!!
World Bank: India 2.4%, Pakistan 3.6%.

Note that the WB is only measuring as % of gov't expenditure. When you add in foreign military aid the Pakistan figure is even higher.

Solomon either you are acting dumb or you are one, looking at your geopolitical knowledge, I suspect its the former. Some times you deliberately overeact , it literally looks irrational and hilarious, trust me it doesn't help your argument. These argument tactics might work on Arabs not on us buddy, try harder !!!
There is no substance in your response to contradict my arguments, nor do you answer my questions.

Is it important for me to know the answer or for you to know the answer? Really.

PA is my army and not yours so who the hell are you to question our defence spending. You are nobody to butt in our internal matters so get the F out you Zionist hypocrite.

No, the point is why aren't you questioning your defense spending.

And who the hell are you to plant that question? Clearly an enemy!

Look, I know how you lot love playing with words to manipulate and corrupt others minds.

Back
Top Bottom