What's new

Tribute to late Junaid Jameshed

Strange to see the person depart so suddenly his music career came at a very Unique time in Pakistan's history , when it was a very different Pakistan

Every thing in Pakistani Music and pop industry was some how influenced by the trend Vital Signs started with Patriotic and Local theme songs , with western touch. No music show would be complete with out a song from their album in their prime

Owning the band's music "Cassette" hmmm sure brings back some memories

Gradually as he grew older he shifted away from Music became more spiritual (family reasons) but still maintained his personal kindness as it was evident in various interviews he appeared once in while since he ended his music interest.

Strangely while driving as far as last week with my father I was just showing him the Junaid Jamshed (Store), Pakistani attire place in western country and was saying his brand name has travelled so far across the shores. Was telling my father next time to visit this place see what the big fuss is about

Certainly we also have to remember the other folks on plane who must have been father, brother, mother, sisters or daughters to somone and while we may not know any we certainly wish well for all of their remaining families

The funny part if life goes on , even after icons depart , and leave - the earth and life keeps going on , people are like clouds that fly in skies drifting across the sky where the tides of wind will take them.

Last edited:
View attachment 358582

@Khafee @Moonlight @chauvunist @war&peace @Aether

Tears flow down my cheeks as I write this, we are not supposed to cry even when a bullet pierces our chest, but at times like this, one realizes how helpless we really are. We don't know where, or when we will leave this world, for the one that will never end, and in what state. May Allah Almighty, make our time before death our best.

Without doubt he was a good man, who impacted the lives of many. I'm not talking about his Tableeghi life, but his social work. One that is not known to many. How he quietly paid children's fees, how he paid peoples unpaid bills, how he helped widows and orphans. He is no more. From a pop artist, to one propagating the Lords message, helping his fellow man, Pakistan today lost a very great son.

After Hamid Gul uncle's death, this incident is one that has shaken me to the core. May Allah Almighty, forgive the sins of everyone who perished in the disaster, and give them a high place in paradise, and make it easier for the ones left behind to carry on.

My words don't matter much, but countless eyes are crying, countless people are praying for him, this should show the world how great he was.

Rest in Peace.

Your every words are worth crying as how you describe the late Marhoom as i saw him as a person with a beautiful tongue May ALLAH BLESS HIM AND OTHERS ON BOARD OF PIA AMEEN

Well sir, some tragedies are unbearably painful. And at the end of day, we are human beings, not prophets or walis or sufis to have sabar after every calamity or tragedy. He was an asset of Pakistan.
During his campaign to clean Karachi and picking up the trash, he worked there 6 hrs. And he actually himself picked up the garbage.

According to his very close friends, his one of the main purpose of life was to, end this sectarianism in Pakistan. And when he started 'clean Karachi' campaign, he started from an Imam Bargah to deliver the message of peace and love. Who wouldn't cry for this person?

I got to know about this tragic news after 1st pray of the day and it's midnight, but the intensity of the pain is not decreasing.

We need more people like him. People who thinks beyond themselves and are selfless.

well I pray we learn from his life and follow his footsteps. Amen!

AMEEN FOR YOUR HUMBLE WORDS SISTER

View attachment 358582

Tears flow down my cheeks as I write this, we are not supposed to cry even when a bullet pierces our chest, but at times like this, one realizes how helpless we really are. We don't know where, or when we will leave this world, for the one that will never end, and in what state. May Allah Almighty, make our time before death our best.

Without doubt he was a good man, who impacted the lives of many. I'm not talking about his Tableeghi life, but his social work. One that is not known to many. How he quietly paid children's fees, how he paid peoples unpaid bills, how he helped widows and orphans. He is no more. From a pop artist, to one propagating the Lords message, helping his fellow man, Pakistan today lost a very great son.

After Hamid Gul uncle's death, this incident is one that has shaken me to the core. May Allah Almighty, forgive the sins of everyone who perished in the disaster, and give them a high place in paradise, and make it easier for the ones left behind to carry on.

My words don't matter much, but countless eyes are crying, countless people are praying for him, this should show the world how great he was.

Rest in Peace.

Sir, my heartfelt condolences to you and the people of Pakistan for this great loss. May Allah give all of you patience and strength to get over this tragedy.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

May ALLAH grant him and all the victims of this plane crash tragedy Jannat . Ameen

It's very sad to see him pass away in such a tragedy. Junaid Jamshed was a major part of Pakistan's cultural and later religious heritage so his loss is immense.

He's in a better place now and his memory will live on forever.

View attachment 358582

Rest in Peace.

Sir since yesterday, I'm really sad.. I just logged off and cried a lot. I grew up listening to his Dil Dil Pakistan like most of the kids of my age...He was virtually part of our family..when he came towards religion and started singing naats, our love and respect for the guy increased immensely. My uncle was his classmate and a friend so through him we met at my uncle's place in Lahore in 2005.

All of 47 lives are equally important and no doubt about it but he was like a family member.
It is a reality but really hard one..to accept..He was a great man who showed us that how a person can be successful both in worldly and religious realms and be popular among both type of audiences.. I pray to Allah Azzawajjal for his maghfirat and raising his level in jannah. A short life and a lot accomplishment and the only satisfying element is that he will be raised among righteous people inshaAllah.

It's very sad to see him pass away in such a tragedy. Junaid Jamshed was a major part of Pakistan's cultural and later religious heritage so his loss is immense.

He's in a better place now and his memory will live on forever.

Sir we'll talk later, in deatil.

I was insured by one of the mod that this thread will not be used to post musical videos. So kindly avoid it.

No, I didn't see anything about not posting videos on this thread?

And if any mods 'insured' you then I don't think that's the right path on this thread: Junaid was inseparable from his music; indeed, it was the youthful looks and the wonderful music of Junaid in the 80's that gave youngsters like us much joy and pride in Pakistan. We had a suffocating era under Zia and Junaid's music band like Vital Signs helped loosen some shackles.

In fact, one connection I can make is that a TV series called 'Dastak' was played on PTV (late 80's?) which focused on young people, love and music and the inevitable change in Pakistan happening then.

Let's not think of music as something bad. As Nietzsche said: "Passions dance with music". And what's life without passion?

No, I didn't see anything about not posting videos on this thread?

And if any mods 'insured' you then I don't think that's the right path on this thread: Junaid was inseparable from his music; indeed, it was the youthful looks and the wonderful music of Junaid in the 80's that gave youngsters like us much joy and pride in Pakistan. We had a suffocating era under Zia and Junaid's music band like Vital Signs helped loosen some shackles.

In fact, one connection I can make is that a TV series called 'Dastak' was played on PTV (late 80's?) which focused on young people, love and music and the inevitable change in Pakistan happening then.

Let's not think of music as something bad. As Nietzsche said: "Passions dance with music". And what's life without passion?
I hope @Aether might have look on this.

I have no comments regarding your views about political and personal benefits of music.

I have lost my words, I just remember his tears when i met him last time in January 2015 after the APS attacks and he was almost like a fish without water. and now we are weeping on him and all other crash victims. For every Pakistani Youth he was a role model. I have lost my Mentor, My Ideal whom i follow from my childhood. I m thankful to Allah SWT for giving me the chance to meet him and to follow him till the end.

Back
Top Bottom