What's new

Transfer of archaeologist from history-defining Sangam era site leads to uproar in Tamil Nadu

do you realize that ur responding to a false flagger. Instead of responding throw him some tamil slang words that cannot be translated by google, you will get to know who he is.

I know he is a false flagger. In fact I've thrown him several Tamil phrases in the past and have challenged him to translate. Did this with that manlion troll as well. Just that today I was a little bored and wanted to humiliate him for nothing. Not that he would feel humiliated. But insulting him gave me some kind of satisfaction. Now this has become boring as well.

upload_2017-4-8_16-19-12.png

upload_2017-4-8_16-18-32.png

He is called Devaneya Paavanar. Not Devaneya Paavanan. You are such an idiot that you felt the need to question why @Rajaraja Chola did not add 'n' suffix, but you did not even know that calling Paavanar as Paavanan is extremely disrespectful. Half-knowledge can only get you thus far. I bet you thought, every Tamil name ends with an 'n', don't you, you silly troll?

Anyway, Paavanar is not a historian. He is a linguist and he has some conspiracy theories like Lemuria kandam and such. So, his opinions don't count when serious historians have provided the actual etymology for the word Tamil.

And, birth based caste system was in Tamil Nadu as well. Read history. Stop trolling. I am bored now.

There is nothing wrong in calling this great Tamil scholar Pavanan. In fact in his books, that he published himself in the 1960s, 1970s before Tamil Nadu government nationalized them, he puts his name as Devaneyan. Pavanan or Pavanar was a honourary name others gave him.

He is a great Tamil scholar and linguist and his explanation of the name Tamil is acceptable to me. By the way the existence of Kumari Kandam is well established. There are references to one or two earlier Tamil Academies (Tamil Sangams) that existed in land swollen by sea is found in literature.

<<<<serious historians have provided the actual etymology for the word Tamil.>>>> Historians do not deal with etymology. Linguists do.

<<<< birth based caste system was in Tamil Nadu as well. Read history.>>>>> Show me a reference in Sangam era literature that birth based caste system existed in Tamil Nadu.

Back
Top Bottom