What's new

TOP ARMED FORCES OF THE WORLD IN 2012!!

This is still the 2011 list, hasn't updated. Russia is higher than China because of massive size I presume.

I agree with you fully, but you would also agree that Japan can build one of the top militaries in the world if dropped this "occupied by foreign forces" syndrome. Given the immense Japanese scientific, engineering, industrial might and its history, who in this world can argue, with logic and facts, that "Turkey is militarily stronger than Japan/Britain"? Yet, some Turkish teenagers here are doing just that, except they use no logic/facts.

They can get to about somewhat below France's technological level, assuming China doesn't launch a first strike to prevent it. While their navy is very powerful, their highest range domestic ship-ship missiles have a range shorter than China's. Their air force is still using F-4s and F-1s (derived from F-4s). In terms of nuclear delivery, their expertise is mostly in liquid fueled rockets, while missiles are best solid fueled so they can be stored for long periods of time and fired on the move. Their engines are also very weak (low thrust) compared to American, Russian and Chinese ones.

Their biggest enemy is fate and geography. They are 80% dependent on imports for their energy and all their petroleum reserves stored above ground, and they lost 50 years of experience in developing their own military technologies. Because Japan is mountainous, traffic runs along several very crowded corridors. A few cruise missiles would shut the entire country down. The country imports 60% of its food.

The gap between Mongol horsemen and WW2 tech is about as great as the gap between WW2 tech and today's. Prop planes and 30000 ton carriers are as outdated as cavalry in the face of modern military forces. The only time in Japan's history that it was able to "break out" and not get its face smashed immediately was 1890-1945 when China was very weak. It tried once before in 1497 and it got its face smashed by Ming China, losing 200,000 troops vs. Ming's 20,000 in Korea. In the future, Japan will never have this opportunity again.

Banglar, is not Bengali, I think he's Algerian. According to his flag he is.

Your personal insult was uncalled for. I am waiting for the moderators to ban you for your personal insults which are uncalled for. First, expel NATO, then talk about military strength. No strong country joins NATO to seek American military protection.

You insult our nation, country and compere us to third world country Iran than when he insults you you getg offened and cry about it...

Banglar Lathial, Trolling since his first breath...

You insult our nation, country and compere us to third world country Iran than when he insults you you getg offened and cry about it...

Banglar Lathial, Trolling since his first breath...

Iran is no way a third world country.

Any country that kills gays, protesters, prostitutes, internet bloggers, own people by blaming them CIA agents is a third world country...

Well the term "third world" is actually used to describe countries that are not a part of NATO which is first world, nor a part of the countries that were/are part of the Soviet Union or Communism which would be considered "second world". So to the extent of the definition, Iran may be considered third world, but Turkey is only first world because it is a Nato ally.

*Also I believe your definition is only an opinion.

Well the term "third world" is actually used to describe countries that are not a part of NATO which is first world, nor a part of the countries that were/are part of the Soviet Union or Communism which would be considered "second world". So to the extent of the definition, Iran may be considered third world, but Turkey is only first world because it is a Nato ally.

*Also I believe your definition is only an opinion.

Barbarian first used as to describe any other nation that is not Greek... That doesn't mean its modern meaning is the same...

Now ''third world country'' used as to describe countries with extereme human right violations... And Iran is a country with extereme human right violator... How many regime executes its own people by blaming them of being CIA agent, or being gay, or prostitutetion, protesting, banning languages....... Even Turkey which has very dirty past with suppression of minorties legalized Kurdish education with its PKK problem while Iran banned Azeri language education...

Iran is on the top list of repressing regimes.... and that makes them a third world country...

i think these all are stupid ranking
i will rank Talibans 1st

they defeated USSR all alone and now they are fighting world only super power all alone from last 10 years and now USA is asking for table talks and talibans are not much interested.

which other country fought for that long? all alone with world only super power.....

You have a pretty unsophisticated understanding of these matters. The USA could wipe the Taliban off the planet if it were not concerned with the "collateral damage" that would ensue. The only reason the Taliban are in the game is that the ISAF is trying to kill only Taliban and not civilians, and it is trying to respect Pakistani sovereignty. Admittedly, the ISAF is not completely successful in avoiding both of these negatives, but the fact that it is trying very hard to do so is the ONLY reason the Taliban hasn't been destroyed. The only strength that the Taliban has is that it is willing to use civilian Afghans and Pakistanis as human shields.

You have a pretty unsophisticated understanding of these matters. The USA could wipe the Taliban off the planet if it were not concerned with the "collateral damage" that would ensue. The only reason the Taliban are in the game is that the ISAF is trying to kill only Taliban and not civilians, and it is trying to respect Pakistani sovereignty. Admittedly, the ISAF is not completely successful in avoiding both of these negatives, but the fact that it is trying very hard to do so is the ONLY reason the Taliban hasn't been destroyed. The only strength that the Taliban has is that it is willing to use civilian Afghans and Pakistanis as human shields.

What you wrote was truth bu I don't even know why would you even answer such a claim...

Let's say that the US wasn't trying to respect our (our being Pakistani) sovereignty. Do you think, without our permission, they would be allowed to enter and attack our country? They will face massive retaliation.

Let's say that the US wasn't trying to respect our (our being Pakistani) sovereignty. Do you think, without our permission, they would be allowed to enter and attack our country? They will face massive retaliation.

I don't really understand your question. Are you saying that the drone strikes are not a violation of Pakistan sovereignty because the GoP permits them? If so, I agree. What I am saying is that ISAF could mount more "boots on the ground" missions against the Taliban sanctuaries in Pakistan except that it doesn't want to violate Pakistani sovereignty to do so. My reply was to the poster boasting about how powerful the Taliban was. I am saying that the Taliban only seems powerful because it hides behind Afghani and Pakistani civilians and YES, behind the Pakistani ISI as well. It is only the moral self-restraint of the ISAF (and the collusion of the Pakistani PA and ISI) that allows the Taliban to get away with this tactic. So, in a sense, the success of the Taliban in fighting the ISAF can be attributed to respect for the strength of Pakistani forces and the unwillingness of the ISAF to fight an all-out war with both Pakistan and with the Taliban. Ultimately, the PA is the protector of the Afghan Taliban and the reason it has survived.

Back
Top Bottom