What's new

Top 10 Air Forces of the World (TOPYAPS)

In my opinion, the top five Air forces of the FUTURE

1) U.S of course, even though much of is discreet, and we know of planes like F-22 Raptor unveiled in 2005. U.S Air-force is always hiding many of its technological secrets from the public. As we speak sixth Generation airplanes are probably in mid-advanced stages of development, while other countries are hardly trying to grasp the '5th generation aircraft concept'. The USAF is larger than any airforce too, technologically more capable than any, equipped for world conquest, and trained harder than any. And in the future USAF will continue to dominate. Of course as India, and China seek to catch up, it probably will never happen any time soon.

2) Russian Air-force- Although the Air-force of Mother Russia will never be the same as it was in the 'Soviet-Era', it's still arguably one of the best, and larger Air-forces compared to today. It's technology is still capable none other to that of the USAF. The Russian AF displays some of the top: efficient technology, cost-efficient, and powerful aircraft. In the future, it may be replaced by China, but i see it still ahead of India. RAF is the second largest air force, and it has one of the worlds most capable Air-defense systems. It's also capable in producing large amounts of aircraft in rapid productivity.

3) And of course the Chinese. The PLAAF seems to me as one of the more dominant airforces. Not only in it's global region, but the world. It exerts fear, and pressure better than most Air-forces can. At the rapid rate China is producing it's aircrafts it will easily gain the edge over the RAF in years to come. Now what the PLAAF doesn't strive in compared to U.S, Russia, and even India, is arguably Innovation, and creativity. You may of course be wondering, who cares? But both those terms are very crucial for the development of a powerful, and large air-force. Without Innovation and creativity, it can simply look over others, but never gain the upper-hand in technological advancments. This is very debatable, but in the end the PLAAF is one of the greatest, very young, very capable, and larger airforces of today. And in years to come, the future looks bright for this AF.

4) Indian Airforce is rapidly gnawing, and climbing it's way up top. I blame it's hostile enviroment. In an enviorment of which India resides in is very dangerous both for the country, and for it's people. This is a strong motif for the country to build up one of the 'top-technological' airforces. What i admire about India is it's hunger to learn, and catch up with the rest. We couldsee this due to the ToT options on most of its deals. Also the IAF, unlike many other AF's still introduced new, and some of the best technology out there. The Airforce seems to be under-going rapid modernization, and at this rate it would be wrong to not place it in the top five FUTURE airforces.

5) Now, before you start ranting about how i may know nothing, and why this AF is placed as the fifth is because in the Future it will be more capable than most (UAE, Saudi, Canada, Australia). The FAB (Brazlian Airforce) may not seem like a global threat now, but in the South America region it's a dominationg Air-force. It's also one of countries with striving economies to boost its defence budget. The FAB is undergoing rapid modernization too, indegionously developing many aircrafts, and retiring old ones. It's also inducting newer and more modern aircrafts (Fx-1, FX-2 deals). At the rate Brazil is going for now, in the future it can be very capable.

I based this off, political, economical, geographical, and at the current rates there going. Also these countries are ones that can fully develop indigenous aircrafts (Brazil is debatable). I didn't put PAF, UAE, Saudi, or Isreal even though there all capable airforces, very. There not going to further advance in there size too much.

Oh, and those that like to argue, on how India hasn't built an indigenous aircraft, well. Suck it up, because they have, and a very capable one too no matter how late it is, it's there. Same with China, they may have 'borrowed' technology from other AF's they still are completely capable of developing their own, and they have.

In my opinion, the top five Air forces of the FUTURE

1) U.S of course, even though much of is discreet, and we know of planes like F-22 Raptor unveiled in 2005. U.S Air-force is always hiding many of its technological secrets from the public. As we speak sixth Generation airplanes are probably in mid-advanced stages of development, while other countries are hardly trying to grasp the '5th generation aircraft concept'. The USAF is larger than any airforce too, technologically more capable than any, equipped for world conquest, and trained harder than any. And in the future USAF will continue to dominate. Of course as India, and China seek to catch up, it probably will never happen any time soon.

2) Russian Air-force- Although the Air-force of Mother Russia will never be the same as it was in the 'Soviet-Era', it's still arguably one of the best, and larger Air-forces compared to today. It's technology is still capable none other to that of the USAF. The Russian AF displays some of the top: efficient technology, cost-efficient, and powerful aircraft. In the future, it may be replaced by China, but i see it still ahead of India. RAF is the second largest air force, and it has one of the worlds most capable Air-defense systems. It's also capable in producing large amounts of aircraft in rapid productivity.

3) And of course the Chinese. The PLAAF seems to me as one of the more dominant airforces. Not only in it's global region, but the world. It exerts fear, and pressure better than most Air-forces can. At the rapid rate China is producing it's aircrafts it will easily gain the edge over the RAF in years to come. Now what the PLAAF doesn't strive in compared to U.S, Russia, and even India, is arguably Innovation, and creativity. You may of course be wondering, who cares? But both those terms are very crucial for the development of a powerful, and large air-force. Without Innovation and creativity, it can simply look over others, but never gain the upper-hand in technological advancments. This is very debatable, but in the end the PLAAF is one of the greatest, very young, very capable, and larger airforces of today. And in years to come, the future looks bright for this AF.

4) Indian Airforce is rapidly gnawing, and climbing it's way up top. I blame it's hostile enviroment. In an enviorment of which India resides in is very dangerous both for the country, and for it's people. This is a strong motif for the country to build up one of the 'top-technological' airforces. What i admire about India is it's hunger to learn, and catch up with the rest. We couldsee this due to the ToT options on most of its deals. Also the IAF, unlike many other AF's still introduced new, and some of the best technology out there. The Airforce seems to be under-going rapid modernization, and at this rate it would be wrong to not place it in the top five FUTURE airforces.

5) Now, before you start ranting about how i may know nothing, and why this AF is placed as the fifth is because in the Future it will be more capable than most (UAE, Saudi, Canada, Australia). The FAB (Brazlian Airforce) may not seem like a global threat now, but in the South America region it's a dominationg Air-force. It's also one of countries with striving economies to boost its defence budget. The FAB is undergoing rapid modernization too, indegionously developing many aircrafts, and retiring old ones. It's also inducting newer and more modern aircrafts (Fx-1, FX-2 deals). At the rate Brazil is going for now, in the future it can be very capable.

I based this off, political, economical, geographical, and at the current rates there going. Also these countries are ones that can fully develop indigenous aircrafts (Brazil is debatable). I didn't put PAF, UAE, Saudi, or Isreal even though there all capable airforces, very. There not going to further advance in there size too much.

Oh, and those that like to argue, on how India hasn't built an indigenous aircraft, well. Suck it up, because they have, and a very capable one too no matter how late it is, it's there. Same with China, they may have 'borrowed' technology from other AF's they still are completely capable of developing their own, and they have.
I would certainly place IdAF in this ranking in place of at least Russia. I mean com'on how many Modern aircraft do they have in their inventory? Russia is a big exporter of modern aviation, but that does not mean that Russian Air force operates one of the most modern gear developed in Russia in abundence. Stuffed with aging Su-27s/Mig-29s/Mig-31s/Mig-25s. I dont see a point Russians coming at second place. Interestingly, You have completely forgotten one of the most lethal Airforces in this world i.e. IdAF. I'd rather at least place them here and put at least Russians out.

I'd like to replace USMC by US National Guard.
F-22s are far more advanced than F-18 and A\V-8Bs.

I'd like to replace USMC by US National Guard.
F-22s are far more advanced than F-18 and A\V-8Bs.

There are no F-22's in the U.S. National Guard. In terms of hardware, the Guard is typically about 10 to 15 years behind the active-duty forces. For example, when the F-15A's were replaced by -C models, the Guard took in the F-15A's while the USAF accepted the newer jets.

The U.S. ANG is still highly effective, because the pilots are almost all highly-experienced veterans of active duty. Put a guy with 2,500 hours in the F-16 into an older F-16A, he'll make that airplane do things...

10. Japan Air Self-Defense Force (Japan):

The aviation branch of Japan Self-Defense Force, JASDF is one of the sharpest tool, made for the defense-oriented policy of Japan. After World War II, JASDF was planted in 1954, as an unified form of Imperial Japanese Army Air Service and Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service. With an impeccable array of ultramodern radar systems and combat air patrols, JASDF is better known for its assaulter squadrons.

9. Royal Australian Air Force (Australia):

Comparatively small but tremendously deadly, RAAF was established on March 31, 1921, and till the date it has majorly participated in some of the deadliest conflicts of 20th century. Comprising a powerful fighter fleet along with sophisticated technology, RAAF is credited for immediately implementing the kinetic and non-kinetic air effects.

8. Luftwaffe (Germany):

One of the most striking air force with the trail of top-notch pilots, Luftwaffe was established in 1935, after violating the Treaty of Versailles. During the World War II, this air force overshadowed the skies of Europe and defeated its foreign counterparts with much more advancements. Most of the pilots of Luftwaffe are trained either in United States or in Canada. The tactical training centers of this air force are located at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico and Canadian Forces Air Command base at Goose Bay.

7. Indian Air Force :

Considered as one of the best equipped air force across the world along with professional standards, the IAF was founded on October 8, 1932, and since then it has been in the limelight of mainstream media for its logical expansion and modernization. It is also the fourth largest air force in the world with approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,500 aircrafts.

6. Armée de l’Air (France):

Founded in 1909 as the air force of the French Armed Forces, Armée de l’Air is considered as the world’s first professional air force. Buff of technological developments, methodical defensive strategies and straightforward doctrine of ruling skies, this air force is better known for comprising new generation multirole combat airplanes. In current scenario, France possesses an impressive status in international aircraft industry. It is well known for inventing the Mirage series of Jet Fighters, one of the most admired aircraft in the history of military aviation.

5. People’s Liberation Army Air Force (China):

With a long list of more than 330,000 personnel and 2,500+ aircrafts, PLAAF is the largest air force in Asia and is better known for comprising some of the deadliest self-reliance combat aircrafts. Officially founded on November 11, 1949, the Chinese air force consists qualitative edge with lethal approach in the modern arena of air striking.

4. Royal Air Force (United Kingdom):

The kingpin of British Military history and the decision maker of world’s greatest conflicts, RAF is the oldest air force of the world which is renowned for its strategic bombing. RAF was founded during the World war I, on April 1, 1918, by the unification of the Royal Naval Air Services and Royal Flying Corps.

3. Israeli Air Force (Israel):

Don’t mess with Israel. The great granddaddy of combat with defensive set of mind, this deadliest air force constitutes the crew of atrocious pilots with unparalleled equipment resources. Shuffle through the history and you’ll realize that this air force has repeatedly exhibited its superordinate ability to whack down the opponents.

2. Russian Air Force (Russia):

The characteristics of Russian air power is still undetermined. With amazingly effective doctrine and mechanized defense, the Russian Air Force possesses the ability to maneuver in any kind of terrain. Notable for implementing beyond-the-limit strategy with weirdest technologies, this air force founded after the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991-92.

1. United States Air Force (America):

Ruler of the technology horizon along with conceptions apparently picked from the futuristic script of a Hollywood flick, the USAF was founded on September 11, 1947, with the motto No One Comes Close. The undisputed magnet of air, space and cyberspace in the current scenario, this air force owns the largest number of warplanes in the world which almost equals to the rest of the world put together

Top 10 strongest air forces of the world | TopYaps

Such a bullshyt way of comparing Airforces. I mean, for German Luftwaffe they consider it's role in WW II to put it in Top 10 today......goooooooooood joke.

Every person has his own opinion and point of view.Can anybody tell me if there is an official international survey for ratings of airforce?I mean based upon air exercises like red flag etc?

Global Firepower - 2011 World Military Strength Ranking:---

header-img.png

Global Firepower - 2011 World Military Strength Ranking

compare two countries:-World Military Strength Comparison

There are no F-22's in the U.S. National Guard. In terms of hardware, the Guard is typically about 10 to 15 years behind the active-duty forces. For example, when the F-15A's were replaced by -C models, the Guard took in the F-15A's while the USAF accepted the newer jets.

Virginia ANG is the first to fly F-22 on 6/13/2008 (192 FW)
F-22 also served Hawaii ANG since 7/9/2010 (154 FW)

And if anyone could tell me the official international survey on countries pilots rankings.......

Virginia ANG is the first to fly F-22 on 6/13/2008 (192 FW)
F-22 also served Hawaii ANG since 7/9/2010 (154 FW)

I stand corrected... I need to look into this more.

The Guard & Reserve are changing how they do business, if true. Thanks.

I would certainly place IdAF in this ranking in place of at least Russia. I mean com'on how many Modern aircraft do they have in their inventory? Russia is a big exporter of modern aviation, but that does not mean that Russian Air force operates one of the most modern gear developed in Russia in abundence. Stuffed with aging Su-27s/Mig-29s/Mig-31s/Mig-25s. I dont see a point Russians coming at second place. Interestingly, You have completely forgotten one of the most lethal Airforces in this world i.e. IdAF. I'd rather at least place them here and put at least Russians out.

Oh, i can certainly agree with you in some aspects. But some of the aircrafts, such as Su-27, are fourth generation (very capable). But yes, now thinking about it; second may be too good of a spot. But Russia in the future will induct hard-core advance technology; Pak Fa, Pak Da, MiG-Skat, etc.

Back
Top Bottom