What's new

Too many mosques, legislation needed

When the whole Muslim world cannot come to a consensus of Shariah & Islam; when a true, just Islamic society has not been formed all over the Muslim world for centuries, I think it is important to have proper legislation in place that ensures violent ideologies do not spring that against the state & its people.
Sir I said by following Shariah but by not promoting this cartoon system of Secularism

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Cuz he does not know shyt from shinola about the subject - the sage does not even know what the term "secular" means but knows kufr when runs across the term

Sir I know very well what this cartoon term secularism means

Understanding Islam and being true followers of the religion is beyond the reach of an average Pakistani intellect. Most of my country men are ignorant about the subject to say the least.

Now look at it this way; If ever the Govt. tries to pass a legislation for the number of mosques present in an area, many if not most from the society would term it as "hamla on Islam" etc while conveniently supporting or sympathizing the thugs (read TTP) who have and are still destroying mosques and shrines all over Pakistan. Ironic isn't it?

And yet somehow it was not above the intellect of our fathers and mothers ---it is this new Islam from Arabia with not just 5 pillars but six (Jihad) that is too much for Pakistanis

And yet somehow it was not above the intellect of our fathers and mothers ---it is this new Islam from Arabia with not just 5 pillars but six (Jihad) that is too much for Pakistanis

Muse, the mullah and the awaam in this part of the world were as ignorant about Islam as they are now even before the creation of Pakistan. Its just that the Saudi funding has added a little spice to the flavor.

Understanding Islam and being true followers of the religion is beyond the reach of an average Pakistani intellect. Most of my country men are ignorant about the subject to say the least.

Now look at it this way; If ever the Govt. tries to pass a legislation for the number of mosques present in an area, many if not most from the society would term it as "hamla on Islam" etc while conveniently supporting or sympathizing the thugs (read TTP) who have and are still destroying mosques and shrines all over Pakistan. Ironic isn't it?

Quite frankly I think legislation on religious institutions betrays secularism as well. Secular law neither promotes nor inhibits religion. If the mosques are paying for the land they occupy, it should be all okay.

But it does make clear what is a acceptable religion -- stealing land, makng Wajib ul Qatl, private Jihad, tribal misogynistic laws proclaimed divine - I don't know about that - is that a religion? Should it be accepted as one? Why not also human sacrifice and such --- no, it does not meet the criteria of a religiosity that can be acceptable - at least to my thinking .

Quite frankly I think legislation on religious institutions betrays secularism as well. Secular law neither promotes nor inhibits religion. If the mosques are paying for the land they occupy, it should be all okay.

True that, but what if some (not all) mosques are brainwashing the youth or inciting sectarianism? or if they are being constructed on illegal property? The legislation is needed for every thing. If I'm not wrong even during the time of 4 caliphs there were some laws regarding building and managing mosques.

Sir I said by following Shariah but by not promoting this cartoon system of Secularism

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Sir I know very well what this cartoon term secularism means

Please let us know what it means as if you are a sub janta.

As it appears, you don't appear to know what you are writing!

Come to the point and not prevaricate.

True that, but what if some (not all) mosques are brainwashing the youth or inciting sectarianism? or if they are being constructed on illegal property? The legislation is needed for every thing. If I'm not wrong even during the time of 4 caliphs there were some laws regarding building and managing mosques.

The answer is simple and it is applicable to all religions.

When the spiritual moves to the temporal and the power is savoured, the spirituality not only does not take a backseat but vanishes since it is not to he interest of those who have moved religion from the spiritual to the temporal!

the mushrooming growth of mosques in Pakistan can be attributed land mafias who use religious sentiments to grab land like the "Ghazi Aunties" of Lal Masjid. In proper city planning by appropriate development authorities, one mosque is sanctioned per scheme keeping in view the approximate number of area inhabitants. However many mosques mushroom up later either on private land or illegally annexed land.

In my area there is one large Jamia Masjid as per the original scheme of KSA. Later one my nana made second mosque by donating two of his 400yd/sq plot. Sometime around 80's jamatis came and forcibly took over the mosque. Between 80's and now, there are four mosque in walking distance to each other and it looks like they are trying to compete each other in generating the most disturbing sound pollution and praying the fastest taraweeh during ramadan. God knows who sanctions such "phata hua dhol" mullahs but somewhere a loud speaker wala is smiling ear to ear for good business.

look my point of view is the khudba should come written from OUKAAF(thesame one that apparently watches the moon sighting for ramadan)!!

timing of prayer should be 1 all across pakistan!!! for example friday prayers start at 1 and go up till 3!! and different areas different mullahs give different types of khudbaa!! and specially my mosque has 3 ARMED GUARDS to "protect the immam" and they don't pray jumma with the jamaat!!!

BUt we have not had one Eid in a long time in Pakistan, we have not had one ramazan in Pakistan for a long time -- and you would trust these people, these people who divided us on a simple thing as a moon sighting, to do a better job with Qutbah

i appreciate the point raised by the author but regulating the no. of mosques in a given area is something that's not easy to achieve bcoz there are so many different school of thoughts(groups/firqa's) & everyone want to have an easy access to the mosque. If everyone was following one group then it could be achieved somehow by limiting the no. of mosque/colony or lets say one mosque/ after 25km...but in current scenario where our population is devided into various group of religion within Islam...its easy said than done.

(it's just my opinion...people may agree/disagree with it)

Do not talk like a kafir. We are not improving because we do not follow allah and quran properly. mosques are the centers of islamic religion without them islam will not prevail. more mosques in pakistan better for our people.

zionist payroll people talking against mosques. :hitwall:

I have read some. But how a Muslim can talk against mosques. This is against Quran and Allah. He is talking like a kafir. WTF?

Mosques are centre of Islam. more and more mosques , more and more we are near to Allah.

The problem starts from here, when you declare anybody 'kafir' without understanding what is being taught (although no one has the right to call anyone).

Have some time please read 'Asr e Hazir, Hadith e Nabvi (S.A.W) kay aaenay main' by Molana Yousuf Ludhyanvi. Page 46 onwards.

there he has discussed some 'Qiyamat ki nishanian'. that include 'naksh o nigaar on mosques' and 'Tallest minar of mosques' as signs of qiamat is near.

No one is against the mosques here. I am talking about the legislation that is to brought into, which will require and comprehensive assessment of NEED of new mosque in that particular area. Dont talk like mullah who just build masajid for their own businesses.

Suppose you have a car at home, and you are 3 family members. What will be your answer if your family members ask to buy a bus of daily use?

Have you ever been to mosque?? can you tell me how many lines are fill up during the prayers time? The most of the mosques are being constructed with hatred in hearts for other sects. Can you list the useful purpose of mosques (apart from prayers) and tell me that how many them are being achieved?

Islam is religion of 'Miana Ravi', you talk about zionists and bla bla....

Can you tell me name of any thing in your daily life which is the invention of muslims? if there is any please share with me, it will be an addition to my knowledge. The computer, the software, the internet which I am using to post this message is gift from those 'zionists' / non muslims.

Now coming back to topic, we have already a plenty of mosques, and I was searching for a survey (someone told me). That survey was about capacity of mosques of all over the world. They were not able to cover 50% of the mosques of the world, but even after that the capacity of mosque was around three times of entire muslim population (eligible to go to mosques).

Mosques are constructed through 'Zakat / donations', the purpose of Zakat is somewhat getting failed, dont you think so? Why dont we create mosques as institution for technological studies / development of muslims, so we should not look at others to meet our own needs.

Back
Top Bottom