What's new

To all Chinese members, what is your favorite Chinese Dynasty?

The first threat that China faced from the steppe was Xiongnu/Hun, most historians believe this group of people was some kind of Pro-Turkic mixed with Indo-Europeans like the Scythians.

It's fascinating. Too bad there was never much discription of where they're originally from. Also interested in knowing where Turkic people live before founding of Ottoman. Were they based in central asia? Read it somewhere that the Altay mountains were what some of them considers to be homeland.

And look that ridiculous hair cut that they were forcing our ancestors to adopt, otherwise they would chop your head off. This is the utter humiliation in the history of China.

20100728162935-2000093449.jpg

Have to agree that the manchu queue was the most ugly hairstyle ever. And it didn't help western characterisation of chinese coolie at the end of the dynasty. Infact lots of westerners around the world probably think that's how ancient chinese looked like all along.

I like every dynasty from Han to Song except Sui.

Yes, that includes Wei and Jin. Which I found to be a very fascinating period in the history of Chinese thoughts.

Qin Dynasty(221 BC - 206 BC)
11020914173f54912e5e3246b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

110209141724c5f75f5b106279.jpg.thumb.jpg

Qin had talented people, but seldom written about.

I've read somewhere that the shorter the existence of dynasty, the commentary about it tends to be less favourable. This maybe because for long dynasties there is tendency for successive historians within said dynasty to write about it in more positive light. Whereas for short dynasties the historians of succeeding dynasty were forced to paint them negatively to shore up the latters legitimacy.

It's fascinating. Too bad there was never much discription of where they're originally from. Also interested in knowing where Turkic people live before founding of Ottoman. Were they based in central asia? Read it somewhere that the Altay mountains were what some of them considers to be homeland.

Scythians were originated from the Kurgan culture located in Russia and Ukraine, later they expanded into Siberian/Asian steppe and met the ancestors of Xiongnu, later Xiongnu started to adopt their customs like tattoing and making their enemy skull as drinking cup.

Scythians were responsible of making Xiongnu to become the barbaric nomads.

And these White Caucasians were direct offsprings of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. Today's English/French/German people are only Indo-European speakers, but not the genetic descendants of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. The close relatives or maybe partial descendants of Scythians are the modern Slavic people in Europe and some Iranians/Tajiks in Asia.

I like every dynasty from Han to Song except Sui.

Yes, that includes Wei and Jin. Which I found to be a very fascinating period in the history of Chinese thoughts.
Sui was probably the height of Chinese economic and military power during Emperor Wen's reign. It's unfortunate that his son Emperor Yang threw it all down the toilet.

I do not like Song for its military weakness, but I do understand it could not build a strong cavalry force due to lack of horses.

Scythians were originated from the Kurgan culture located Russia and Ukraine, later they expanded into Siberian/Asian steppe and met the ancestor of the Xiongnu, later Xiongnu started to adopt their custom like tattoing and making their skull as drinking cup.

Scythians were responsible to make Xiongnu barbaric nomads.

There were theories that xiongnu, before contact with scythians, were an outcaste group of people who share the same ancestor as the Hua Xia tribe, and their living styles parted after the latter became agricultural and settled down, becoming ancestors of present day Han.

Guess it's one long family blood feud if that is the case!

And these white caucasians were direct offsprings of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. Today's English/French/German people are only Indo-European speakers, but not genetically the descendants of the Proto-Indo-Europeans. The closely relatives or maybe partial descendants of Scythians are modern Slavic people in Europe and some Iranians/Tajiks in Asia.

I know lol, according to genetic studies modern day Germanics/nordic people are about 10% Indo-European related, where as the slavs are near the 20% or even 30% range. Ironically slavs had the least favourable views about these nomads, possible due to the damage they cause to agricultural societies.

Sui was probably the height of Chinese economic and military power during Emperor Wen's reign. It's unfortunate that his son Emperor Yang threw it all down the toilet.

I do not like Song for its military weakness, but I do understand it could not build a strong cavalry force due to lack of horses.

I agree, Sui had the potential to become the greatest Dynasty in China's history, but that spoiled brats just ruined everything that his dad managed to build in decades.

Han Dynasty and the Roman did not happen war.
What a pity. Age of cold steel, the most advanced competition between the East and the West.

There were theories that xiongnu, before contact with scythians, were an outcaste group of people who share the same ancestor as the Hua Xia tribe, and their living styles parted after the latter became agricultural and settled down, becoming ancestors of present day Han.

Guess it's one long family blood feud if that is the case!

I know lol, according to genetic studies modern day Germanics/nordic people are about 10% Indo-European related, where as the slavs are near the 20% or even 30% range. Ironically slavs had the least favourable views about these nomads, possible due to the damage they cause to agricultural societies.

Yep, Xiongnu's ancestor can be the remaining people of the Xia Dynasty, and later they went to the steppe and being united by some berserker Scythian warrior. :P

kurgan.jpg

No matter what, the true Han warriors were never intimidated by those Euro-Asian alliance hordes. Still manage to kick their a$$. :devil:

431_126_be4803661caedcc.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom