What's new

Ticket To Pakistan

digitaltiger

Reaction score
Hi my Dear Pakistani Friends,

I am posting this thread to know when, how and which are the best places to visit Pakistan? I can contact any Tour Operator but who can guide best than the natives themselves. I have few questions; I would really appreciate if my neighbors can guide me as i am seriously thinking of visiting Pak this Jan.

1> Best Time to Visit
2>Best Places To Visit
3>Visa Fees (can i get visa on arrival)
4>Best eating joint in Karachi (Yum Yum)
5>Best Cinema Theater in Karachi (I have never seen any Pak Movie).

Thanks

Are you going to be visiting Karachi only?

I cannot help with the first three but last two:

Best Eating Joint? Hmm trickey, depends on what you can and cannot eat. I understand that many Indian's are vegi's so perhaps BBQ Tonight is out of the list.

There is an excellent place called Lal Qila, its quite Thematic and the food is fantastic, here is a web-link: LalQila Introduction

Others include: Salt n' Pepper Village & Cafe Zouk "Lots of Seafood available", you can also try the boat basin and obviously Karachi is full of the usual complement of Fast Food joints!

And to be fair Karachi has soo much to offer from Dolphin sighting, water-parks, great shopping, night life, culture, history, one of the largest Hindu Temples in Pakistan etc... So i will not try to define i specific place to visit but then again i am from Islamabad and perhaps members from Khi can fill you in.
Enjoy your trip and do give us feedback! :D

Regards,

there are tons and tons of eateries in Karachi, it has the best variety and cheapest prices in terms of food, in Pakistan.

Are you going to be visiting Karachi only?

Well i wonder i dont see any airline operating between india and Pakistan. I beleive i have to come by Train or By road(Which i dont prefer). Neways I heard a lot about Karachi and one of my Friend (Mustafa, i wonder where is he now)on Ship was from karachi and he used to tell me a lot about karachi. He told me about some "Bade Miya" Restraunt which is famouse for Kebab. I also want to Visit Mohanjodaro. I think i need to chk with Pak Ambassy. Thanks for Reply. :wave:

Boss i think so they have reg flights from India to Pak or vise versa unless they stopped them.

Boss i think so they have reg flights from India to Pak or vise versa unless they stopped them.

Dear TOPGUN
I am still checking but i fail to find if any(may be i need to polish my net searching skills). :agree:

There are organised city tours in Karachi, you'll be on the safer side to join other tourists. Do no enter interior Sindh, its not safe for Indians.

Cliffton area offers a lot of entertainment, beaches and shopping malls. Go and visit neighboring Defence Housing Society and the see the real wealth. You'll find an ancient Hindu Temple or whats left of it at Manora Peninsular...you'll love the beach there, its very clean. Kimari Beach is nearby and a boat will take you there. There are organised tours to the Oyster Rocks, a formation of rocks middle in the Bay of Karachi offering fresh lobster...then take a nice nightly walk along the Cliffton Boulevard, try fried fish and chips.

Try some food at Burns Road in the old city center, its famous for its Nehari (beef dish), Dahi Bara and Chola chaat (veggi) and Ravri. You're near Saddar now...you take a nice walk to Saddar Bazaar, visit stinky :-)lol:) Empress market and visit some of nice buidings and monuments from Early Colonial Era.
Visit St Patricks Cathedral. Also visit Mereweather Tower, Frare House and Bolton Market to see the monuments.

Take the Shahra-e-Faisal and drive up north, its the traffic artery of Karachi and will take you to Gulshan-i-Iqbal and Tariq Road. Nice shopping malls all over the place and beautiful housing schemes. Do visit Haidery near Nazimabad to try pakora and kheer at the market...Safari Park is near and will give you a nice panorama of the city at night.

Sandspitt and Hawkesbay are under construction...nice beaches there but there's a lot od construction going on. I will not recommend a visit to Cape Monz, my favorite Beach at the West Point since its near Kanupp and there's a lot of security there.

Enjoy your trip! :enjoy:

There are organised city tours in Karachi, you'll be on the safer side to join other tourists. Do no enter interior Sindh, its not safe for Indians.

Cliffton area offers a lot of entertainment, beaches and shopping malls. Go and visit neighboring Defence Housing Society and the see the real wealth. You'll find an ancient Hindu Temple or whats left of it at Manora Peninsular...you'll love the beach there, its very clean. Kimari Beach is nearby and a boat will take you there. There are organised tours to the Oyster Rocks, a formation of rocks middle in the Bay of Karachi offering fresh lobster...then take a nice nightly walk along the Cliffton Boulevard, try fried fish and chips.

Try some food at Burns Road in the old city center, its famous for its Nehari (beef dish), Dahi Bara and Chola chaat (veggi) and Ravri. You're near Saddar now...you take a nice walk to Saddar Bazaar, visit stinky :-)lol:) Empress market and visit some of nice buidings and monuments from Early Colonial Era.
Visit St Patricks Cathedral. Also visit Mereweather Tower, Frare House and Bolton Market to see the monuments.

Take the Shahra-e-Faisal and drive up north, its the traffic artery of Karachi and will take you to Gulshan-i-Iqbal and Tariq Road. Nice shopping malls all over the place and beautiful housing schemes. Do visit Haidery near Nazimabad to try pakora and kheer at the market...Safari Park is near and will give you a nice panorama of the city at night.

Sandspitt and Hawkesbay are under construction...nice beaches there but there's a lot od construction going on. I will not recommend a visit to Cape Monz, my favorite Beach at the West Point since its near Kanupp and there's a lot of security there.

Neo are u a travel writer bahi? That was excellent! Man i miss Empress Market and the trips to boat basin and Saddar you have evoked sweet memories... Will have to plan another visit somtime next year!

Neo are u a travel writer bahi? That was excellent! Man i miss Empress Market and the trips to boat basin and Saddar you have evoked sweet memories... Will have to plan another visit somtime next year!

Nahi bhai, I just have to close my eyes and I see it all that marvel just waiting for us. :enjoy:

Damn...I mis Karachi! What I mis the most is Pathan ki doodh patti and namkeen biskutt (buscuit) and Baloch Sajjhi at University Road.
And ofcourse Adrasay ki golian from Chaurangi Golimar in Nazimabad and Student Biryani...:cry:

Nahi bhai, I just have to close my eyes and I see it all that marvel just waiting for us. :enjoy:

Damn...I mis Karachi! What I mis the most is Pathan ki doodh patti and namkeen biskutt (buscuit) and Baloch Sajjhi at University Road.
And ofcourse Adrasay ki golian from Chaurangi Golimar in Nazimabad and Student Biryani...:cry:

plzzz sir i dont have any plan now for visit pak but if you post like this more i go office and take emergeny vecation even i say them my some one die in pak :enjoy:i visit karachi before long time 2001 august 31 i was kicked from karachi to jeddah :lol:

i live near university road, and now ill go to NED, mechanical, anyways, how much tym u spent in karachi??, where u use to live??

i live near university road, and now ill go to NED, mechanical, anyways, how much tym u spent in karachi??, where u use to live??

I was born in Nazimabad, moved to Gulshan later and lived near Urdu College and Aziz Bhatti Park.
Enjoying my airline benefits I've been to Karachi 30-40 times since I moved out of Pakistan.

We now have 4 bungalows in Cliffton, Defence, Gulshan and Gulistan-e-Johar.
I preffer to stay in Gulshan since most of my friends live there.

i remember days when i used to roam in burns road, fresco chawk and wander into the great lovely streets there, i used to buy rabri or ras malai from Dehli rabri house in burns road, well i actually studied my intermediate in DJ college, saddar area is my favourit one though polluted and messy!!!, good old karachi, real soul of karachi, my mother used to reside near capri cenima until she got married and shifted to N.nazimabad, though near capri cenima she used to live in a flat by it was for the ppl as civil engineers etc for pakistani govt, her family got this flat bcoz our nana worked as one in east pakistan. and foremost, our mamus who used to study in NED have done their doctrate in electrical engineering from US and leading a happy wealthy life mashallah!!!!!

this ur happy post reminds me of a good place journey and hows it linked to our family

cheers!!!

I was born in Nazimabad, moved to Gulshan later and lived near Urdu College and Aziz Bhatti Park.
Enjoying my airline benefits I've been to Karachi 30-40 times since I moved out of Pakistan.

We now have 4 bungalows in Cliffton, Defence, Gulshan and Gulistan-e-Johar.
I preffer to stay in Gulshan since most of my friends live there.

i prefer u to stay in gulshn yes, its very family type place, though i live in gulistan-e-jahaur, but really, its not a place to live here, and my father made a banglow, now, v know, how foolish our father was!!!, he shuld have moved to defence, a very nice comfortable place!!!, many of my relatives reside in gulshan 13-d!!

i bet gulshan, N.nazimabad, defence, clifton, r the nicest place to live in karachi!!!

hope i see u in karachi some tym if allah permits :D:cheesy:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom