What's new

Third PAK-FA prototype breaks cover

I wonder whether Vietnamese would be interested in acquiring a squadron of these jets. They're perhaps the only other nation that needs a 5th generation as urgently as we do in response to the given situation with our common neighbor.
I'm afraid that we won't see this jet in the Vietnamese Air Force until around 2025. The reason is that production is limited at about 30/year. India & Russia are going to get theirs first which leaves nothing left for Viet Nam. Funding is not a problem for us as Russia just lend us $9 billion for a nuke plant. From now till we get the PAK-FA which is about 15 years, I believe Viet Nam will buy one Su35S squadron and some S-400 instead.

I'm afraid that we won't see this jet in the Vietnamese Air Force until around 2025. The reason is that production is limited at about 30/year. India & Russia are going to get theirs first which leaves nothing left for Viet Nam. Funding is not a problem for us as Russia just lend us $9 billion for a nuke plant. From now till we get the PAK-FA which is about 15 years, I believe Viet Nam will buy one Su35S squadron and some S-400 instead.

Don't worry man we will give you some of them from our inventory (but that is FGFA)...:azn:

On note: Production rate will increase simultaneously..

so what are the inclusions made in 3rd prototype ?

1. AESA has been integrated !!

Any specs about the New AESA radar on 3rd Prototype?? like range? etc etc?

Well no source obviously but an educated guess would be of around 350-400km, considering the radar will be more advanced than the Zhuk A( or they would just use it) - the Zhuk A on the mig 35's small nose has a range of 200km - in Pak fa's large nose range would be increased to 300km and since this is not the Zhuk A, I reach the conclusion that range will be 350km.

I hope there is potential to upgrade PAK-FA tech to FGFA (ie if there are any significant changes in FGFA design and considering FGFA will take a few years to come up after PAK-FA), or even radically redesign them as we did with the MKI's.

Back
Top Bottom