What's new

'They used my religion against me': Ex-Army Major accuses SpiceJet

Why are you hell bent in proving a understanding which is so perverted?

The first sentence in the news Item states this

Mohammad Ali Shah, a former Army Major, says he had never known prejudice till a recent altercation at the Delhi airport

See the bolded part, as far as my understanding goes, a Major is not born a major so obviously he has seen quite a few years without "Prejudice". So do you know for a fact that he was not a person from lower rung of the ladder before becoming a Army Office? This incident is sad, but then again no country even US has a perfect track record on discrimination, so what is your point exactly?

Lol, Muslims forced into ghettos, are you serious or just brain farting?

I live in hyd, you do not even know half of what you are talking about..

The underlined part is not understood. What is a ' lower rung"?

He is the son of Lt Gen so when he was born it would be right to assume his dad wad a Capt ? Major - he has led a good life.

@ the subject, I think the officer is right.

The airline is trying to cover up a SNAFU & whats better than giving it a religious tinge ?

If his baggage was not locked / secured properly it should not have been accepted at the check - in counter. Every time I travel I use the same bag - its very old ( I find it easy to identify on the conveyer) , most times I am made to sign behind the tag certifying that my bag is ' broken' - which is polite way of saying in a sorry state.

If the baggage was found opened , the airline is to blame.

These days everyone has a short fuse , large ego and no one wants to take ownership for their work.

P.S. I read someone recommending him to be deported to Pakistan. I wonder if that was the reason for the poster getting banned.

If so - good job done ! A well deserved award.

Dude, Im a hindu so what stopped me from playing the minority/religion card? My common sense, if you feel that some people are biased, please use your better judgement and ignore them, no need to feel bad.. you have all kinda people, we have to be tolerant, no two ways to remain focused on our work and benefit our country!
But hindus are not minority in india so how can you play the minority card.And Why should one ignore the inherent discrimination?Today it was Ex-major tomorrow it can be muslim President/PM who can be discriminated if its not checked.

Muslims prefer a place near a mosque and there are not much places to build mosques in the posh areas of New Delhi..hence their preference to walled cities which have mosques in the vicinity...

This was told by a Muslim in another forum..
Mosque is not as important in islam for prayer you must know that.Living near mosque is just one cliche' majority gives to hide the discrimination of forcing muslims in ghettos which was uncovered by The hindu in various indian cities just few weeks ago.

Racism or religious discrimination/stereotyping is just like any other crime. You can't stop it or can't force people to not do it , but you can have laws in place to help the people who get wronged. Case has been registered, National Minority Commission is looking into it, end of the story.

The fact that there is National Minority Commission, that there are anti discrimination laws and that the media is raising the issue is proof enough that India is a secular country. More awareness and education is needed.

Pls tell the Waqf Board who is one of the biggest land owners in India, to build low cost community housing for Muslims rather than selling them off to infidels.
How about the temple boards like TTD etc which owns the towns hills itself.

It doesnt matter if you are a Muslim or a Hindu or a bloody reptilian..

You take pics in an airport, you will be charged.

It's bloody cheap of him to play the muslim card when caught.

He wasn't charged - he is the one suing them as he refused to give them the clean chit

He recorded their words in a short video clip to show what he is saying about them is true.

This is like the worst case scenario coming true. Airline staff now threatening Muslims that hey we'll just make up a story against you so don't talk too much!

Delhi govt has tried hard to move them out of many old Delhi Areas for reconstruction purpose and building metro but guess what they love to live there it seems because they refused to move out.. It's better for you to stop whining and playing your Muslim victim card everywhere..

Also, another thing not only Muslims live in Old Delhi..
People be it slum dweller or muslims live in such patetic conditions coz thy are discriminated and forced to for fear of safety or riots.Only upward mobile well to do muslims which are just not even 1% of total muslim population dont live in ghettos.otherwise one can check the towns of western UP like khurja,alighar,hathras,meerut,saharanpur etc and check out the muslim condition there.Btw 4 times MP from Meerut mohsina kidwais too used to live in ghetto of lal kurti just for fear of every 6 months of reoccuring riots.and in one of those riots her sister who was vice principal of kendriya vidyalaya sikh lines meerut was butchered like animals.

Why are you hell bent in proving a understanding which is so perverted?

The first sentence in the news Item states this

Mohammad Ali Shah, a former Army Major, says he had never known prejudice till a recent altercation at the Delhi airport

See the bolded part, as far as my understanding goes, a Major is not born a major so obviously he has seen quite a few years without "Prejudice". So do you know for a fact that he was not a person from lower rung of the ladder before becoming a Army Office? This incident is sad, but then again no country even US has a perfect track record on discrimination, so what is your point exactly?

Lol, Muslims forced into ghettos, are you serious or just brain farting?

I live in hyd, you do not even know half of what you are talking about..
His father retired as VCOAS so obviously he was from upward mobile muslim family hence did not face any prejudice.he was not some low income group family.

She looks to be pretty pissed off since past few days and is on a job of searching books of 18th century evangelists targeting Hindus, then she went on showing how much we hateful Hindus have problems allowing other religions to be preached at or near our Hindu holy sites like Tirupati etc. She probably wants a hill out of seven @ Tirupati to open her preaching/hate spewing school up there. And now comes the winner, Muslim Victim card.
Muslim card???If you think bringing out discrimination against muslims or any other minority is playing muslim card yes im playing muslim/minority card.But i'm glad that i'm able to speak truth and dont fear it and do not hide from the truth.

Pretty much she is pre-occupied with her Hinduism hatred and using this forum as platform to spewing her hatred out.. I would say nice effort ajtr. You are the shining reason why people like you are hated regardless of religion..
Hatred for hindus??? or is it your hatred which makes you blind to see the truth.

Why do they always try to play victim card.. They self claim they are minority then should behave as minority so simple..

How is a minority supposed to behave ? Are you implying that minorities have lesser Human and Civil rights than majority ( Hindus ). Is that your idea of a Democracy and Secularism ?

You sound like a BIGOT. But I guess in your case, you like to wear that name as a badge of honour on your chest. Ignorant people like you should be booted off PDF. Have some respect for yourself and others.

i

I seriously doubt the nationality of the OP, he has been talking about anti Mulsim tendency in INDIA(which is not prevalent) in INDIA. Because there are a lot of Muslims from INDIA here in PDF who have not complined about being a MUSLIM in INDIA and being desciminated by the HINDUS.
One of my best friends is a Muslim.
Yeah you will surely doubt the nationality thats the only fig leaf you have to your escapism.

I remember her in Pakistans flag, I dont know what is wrong with her..

She is assuming based on what she thinks but does not put source of her claims, looks really like she is pissed about something..
You remember pakistani flag but not other flags coz only reason is pakistani flag is your nightmare.Poora article paste karnay ke baad bhi u saying no source to my claims.Or r u blind enough to not to see it

Yeah so so saaad... :( I mean muslims are doomed in india.they will be eaten raw by the evil hindus.. Guess what they should immediately pack up and leave for either pakistan or bangladesh, as their share of the 1/3 of the land of india before partition which was given to the muslims who were 1/3 population then still lies there..so muslims like ajtr who feel they are discriminated can leave.
If situation comes to that we'll carve out another country.

Why dont you people lay off for a while ?

You are needlessly hurting & agitating each other.

How is a minority supposed to behave ? Are you implying that minorities have lesser Human and Civil rights than majority ( Hindus ). Is that your idea of a Democracy and Secularism ?

You sound like a BIGOT. But I guess in your case, you like to wear that name as a badge of honour on your chest. Ignorant people like you should be booted off PDF. Have some respect for yourself and others.

iDEA ReJeCTeD :D

There wasn't any need to bring religion or minority card by him after all he is not the only muslim who uses air travel in india there are thousand of muslim in india who fly daily within the domestic route for work /buisness purposes who hardly face such situation.Had that been true then hundreds of such cases wuld have been reported by now but this cases hardly seem to exist.

There wasn't any need to bring religion or minority card by him after all he is not the only muslim who uses air travel in india there are thousand of muslim in india who fly daily within the domestic route for work /buisness purposes who hardly face such situation.Had that been true then hundreds of such cases wuld have been reported by now but this cases hardly seem to exist.

True, but I think he is raising a totally different issue. IF the airline staff indeed said " You are a Muslim, If I report you as a terrorist every one will believe it", obviously thats wrong and if proven true the responsible airline staff should be sacked.

Don't think the guy ever said that this is something Muslims have to face everyday.

What if the airline employee had played the card first? Do you think the Major should keep quiet?

Even if the story is true, I am yet to understand how the behavior of some executives of a private airlines, which is under the scanner of minority commission now, amounts to state sponsored discrimination against Muslims.

No, the issue is different here. Nobody in India will say he was 'targetted' for being a muslim, but I presume once there was a conflict, the airline staffer tried to use 'muslim terrorist' card to beat him into submission. Or he is using 'muslim victim' card.
Its one of these two cards, we will see after the investigation is done.
I would tend to believe in major's version in the meanwhile, because most Indians do not complain even when they face discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom