What's new

There are more Indian migrants living in Pakistan than the United States

Some of the top destinations of Indian migrants in more recent decades include Persian Gulf countries, North America and Europe. Here are five facts about India and migration.
No Pakistan, so it means old data. Why would anyone like to migrate now anyways.

Are you saying the Pakistanis who migrated during partition in 1947 haven't taken Pakistani citizenship? How can they be Indian? I have relatives who migrated too, they don't consider themselves Indian and all have Pakistani citizenship.

I still think this is referring to the recent ones like the two cases in my extended family. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to count the 1947~ population as "Indian".
I agree here. We did not move in 47 btw. So there is a lot of confusion about how the term should be used and what exactly defines an "Indian" in Pakistan.

The idea that we come from an enemy country (though we don't even believe in a united India) makes our rest of the Pakistani brothers very chauvinistic and aggressive. Its unfortunate because we are escaping oppression in Lucknow and as a result have a very negative view of India.

If we hadn't suffered this oppression though we might not be as committed to your cause, our minorities cause. Because we were oppressed minorities in India ourselves we feel the pain of minorities in Pakistan. So there are benefits of having us. But most just see us as outsiders even though unlike the Afghan migrants we are generally more prosperous.

Are you saying the Pakistanis who migrated during partition in 1947 haven't taken Pakistani citizenship? How can they be Indian? I have relatives who migrated too, they don't consider themselves Indian and all have Pakistani citizenship.

I still think this is referring to the recent ones like the two cases in my extended family. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to count the 1947~ population as "Indian".

I suggest you read the original pew website on the matter.

They clearly state its by land/area of birth....not assigned/acquired citizenship:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...p-source-and-destination-for-worlds-migrants/

India has a long history of migration. More than a century ago, large numbers of Indian migrants – many of them involuntary ones – moved to Africa, the Caribbean and within the Indian subcontinent itself.

I suggest you go to that link and click on the inline hypertext to get the perspective/context.

It's also worth checking out their specific sites for India and Pakistan:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/05/17/global-migrant-stocks/?country=IN&date=1990

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/05/17/global-migrant-stocks/?country=PK&date=2015

If you go by year to year (from 1990 to 2015), you will see the number of migrants from the other side decrease with time.

Thats obviously reflective of the people from that era passing away with time.

In 1990 for example, it was estimated there were almost 2 million Indian residents who were originally born in the current Pakistan boundaries. By 2015 this number had decreased to 1.1 million (about 0.9 million had passed away).

Similar story on the other side. There were 2.9 million Pakistani residents in 1990 who were born in current Indian boundaries. By 2015 this number had decreased to 2 million (again about 0.9 million had passed away).

I hope this answers your question.

No Pakistan, so it means old data. Why would anyone like to migrate now anyways.
A lot of muslims in Lucknow believe in the ideology of Pakistan. In early 2000's when one of my relatives moved to marry her husband in Karachi she believed in Pakistans ideology. Bombings had already started but she saw beyond that. It was the same with us. Terrorism situation may hold some weak ideological people back but ideology attracts more.

A complete lie no one sees Muslim migrants from India less Pakistani but for just a reference some calls them mohajir means a person who came from India not meant to be declared him outsider.

Even if see it colossally many Pakistani clans came from outside.

I am searching for a female married Orakzai contact living in Malaysia whom I met on Pashtun forums.
@haviZsultan
Dill Ka Sakoon cheen kr wooh jeeney k asbaab le gaya,
Aik shaks meri neend meerey saaray khawab le gaya.
:lol:
Bro I am not seeking that woman for romance. I don't know why anyone thinks that.

I agree here. We did not move in 47 btw. So there is a lot of confusion about how the term should be used and what exactly defines an "Indian" in Pakistan.

The idea that we come from an enemy country (though we don't even believe in a united India) makes our rest of the Pakistani brothers very chauvinistic and aggressive. Its unfortunate because we are escaping oppression in Lucknow and as a result have a very negative view of India.

If we hadn't suffered this oppression though we might not be as committed to your cause, our minorities cause. Because we were oppressed minorities in India ourselves we feel the pain of minorities in Pakistan. So there are benefits of having us. But most just see us as outsiders even though unlike the Afghan migrants we are generally more prosperous.

I have huge respect for people who moved from India during partition, including parts of my family. I feel they had a lot more to lose than the vast majority who didn't have to face as much of a struggle. Which is why I always have a soft spot for them and always try to defend them if I feel other Pakistanis are overly narrow minded.

This is also why I also feel very strongly about how we treated the Pakistani Biharis in Bangladesh. I have never felt ashamed to be a Pakistani, but when I look at how we treated them over the Afghan namak harams, I feel that we as a nation have failed Jinnah (rh), that we are afraid to welcome those bled for Pakistan over those who refuse to even accept Jinnah (rh) and Pakistan.

A lot of muslims in Lucknow believe in the ideology of Pakistan. In early 2000's when one of my relatives moved to marry her husband in Karachi she believed in Pakistans ideology. Bombings had already started but she saw beyond that. It was the same with us. Terrorism situation may hold some weak ideological people back but ideology attracts more.
ROFL, you should know facts on ground yourself. The study says 2M people migrated to Pakistan. How many Indians do you know who have migrated recently?
Do you think Pakistan will allow 2M Indians to stay there?

I have huge respect for people who moved from India during partition, including parts of my family. I feel they had a lot more to lose than the vast majority who didn't have to face as much of a struggle. Which is why I always have a soft spot for them and always try to defend them if I feel other Pakistanis are overly narrow minded.

This is also why I also feel very strongly about how we treated the Pakistani Biharis in Bangladesh. I have never felt ashamed to be a Pakistani, but when I look at how we treated them over the Afghan namak harams, I feel that we as a nation have failed Jinnah (rh), that we are afraid to welcome those bled for Pakistan over those who refuse to even accept Jinnah (rh) and Pakistan.
Same here. I have a deep respect for all minorities in Pakistan including Ahmedis and if we all respect each other and treat each other as brothers there is no limit to the progress we will make. I remember Jinnahs 11 august adress in my heart.

For me you are my brother and are going through the same thing our family went through which means I feel extra sympathy. Zafarullah Khan is one of my favorite heroes from Pakistan movement. Stay strong brother. There are people here like me who will do everything to ensure my brothers are not alone and are equally treated-though you deserve special treatment because you knew how you would be treated by the mullahs who would find extra power in Pakistan in the future and stayed on believing in the land. That is something great, because even we could not do that in a united India.

It is hard to explain why I love minorities so much. But this is one of the reasons. Btw I might be partly pathan though its unproven. But our family did not know pashto nor were our links to pashtuns clear. So when we moved from Lucknow to Karachi we called ourselves muhajirs. So all ethnic groups have a beautiful relationship. As for Afghans, well when I was writing my first book I saw their true face. They hate Pakistan so much, you wouldn't believe, more than Indians for some. That is why I am vary of the Afghan nationals coming here.

Stay strong brother. And know that there are people with you here. You are never alone.

Uh look at the population pyramid of Pakistan. We are talking about direct migrants that still survive from partition. Not the full descendant community (most born in Pakistan since).

From your very own link:

The overwhelming majority of India’s immigrants are from neighboring countries such as Bangladesh (3.2 million), Pakistan (1.1 million), Nepal (540,000) and Sri Lanka (160,000).

Those folk would also be from partition era.
No, they are recent 'Hindu Refugees'.

This is about recent migrants. People who migrated to Pakistan in 1947-1950 are not considered migrants.

they should b arrested and they should b sent back they can b security risk

they are Muslim and now they are Pakistani, any muslim in India has honorary Pakistani citizenship they can cash it anytime, if we can take 3 million Afghan then these are our own people

until late 80s Hundreds of Thousands of indian citizen went missing after landing in Karachi Airport en-route to UAE, KSA, Kuwait,Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Europe.

Pakistan is joke of country without proper immigration policy. Indian muslims should fucking stay there. This country isn't theirs. No wonder from Osama to Daud Ibrahim every terrorist find save heaven in Pakistan.

Indian muslims reading this, you are not welcome in Pakistan. Revolt against India like Kashmiris and we will be right there with you but stop coming to Pakistan like pests. I would only welcome some thousand punjabi muslims left in east punjab if they are ever persecuted.

What oppression? You are simply economic immigrant like afghanis. Only punjabi muslims in east punjab had to go through genocide. To me Indian muslims look happy in India. Of course they are piss poor like dalits socially but so are hindu dalits.

nope they r not older folks they those who migrated in 2000s during musharraf tenure and this was confirmed by interior ministry .....

Its known fact muhajirs has been giving CNIC to indian muslims to increase their vote bank.

Pakistan is joke of country without proper immigration policy. Indian muslims should fucking stay there. This country isn't theirs. No wonder from Osama to Daud Ibrahim every terrorist find save heaven in Pakistan.

Indian muslims reading this, you are not welcome in Pakistan. Revolt against India like Kashmiris and we will be right there with you but stop coming to Pakistan like pests. I would only welcome some thousand punjabi muslims left in east punjab if they are ever persecuted.

What oppression? You are simply economic immigrant like afghanis. Only punjabi muslims in east punjab had to go through genocide. To me Indian muslims look happy in India. Of course they are piss poor like dalits socially but so are hindu dalits.

Its known fact muhajirs has been giving CNIC to indian muslims to increase their vote bank.
We are not economic migrants even though sometimes there are marriages between Lucknowi women and Karachite men. That could be the other reason as a lot of Karachites prefer wives from there and gradually they get citizenship. My father was in Karachi longer than my mother and had migrated before when my mother came from Lucknow.

But that we are economic migrants or do not believe in Pakistan is a part of the demonizing campaign against us. We come because we believe in the ideology of Pakistan and believe in its future-sometimes very strongly after being culled in Indian occupied parts. We want to merge our lands with Pakistan, join the army to fight India, and a lot of us have begun questioning terrorist organizations like the MQM. I do not even have that victim vision because I am grateful my parents were given citizenship.

As for Muhajirs we are a shadow of what we were. When your priority becomes strenghthening yourself rather than your nation you obviously become addicted to power and self interest. I am not a supporter of MQM traitorous party. I try to teach other muhajirs the same though they rarely listen. We don't need more power. Economically we are at the top amongst all ethnicities in pakistan, have urdu as our language all over Pakistan and are living in cities. We have it better than anyone else and I do not fear in admitting it. But some of us also give back to the country. I do not believe in muhajir nationalism, or any ethnic groups nationalism. Even your punjabi chauvinism. :)

NEW DELHI: More Indian migrants live in Pakistan than in the US, according to a startling new finding by US think tank Pew Research Centre.

Close to half of India's migrants live in just three countries. About 3.5 million Indians live in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which is the top destination country for Indian migrants, Pew said. "Over the past two decades, millions of Indians have migrated there to find employment as laborers," it added.

Pakistan has the second-largest number of Indian migrants, with 2 million, and the US has almost another 2 million, Pew said. It didn't offer any analysis for the figures to do with Pakistan.

Curiously, while India is the top source of international migrants, with one-in-twenty migrants worldwide born in India, according to Pew, it is also one of the world's top destinations for international migrants.

"The overwhelming majority of India's immigrants are from neighboring countries such as Bangladesh (3.2 million), Pakistan (1.1 million), Nepal (540,000) and Sri Lanka (160,000)," Pew said.

Even more confounding is that despite these statistics, India also has one of the world's lowest emigration rates.

"Only about 1% of India's birth population lives outside of the country, a similar emigration rate to that of the US," Pew said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...han-in-us-pew-report/articleshow/57519432.cms

We are not economic migrants even though sometimes there are marriages between Lucknowi women and Karachite men. That could be the other reason as a lot of Karachites prefer wives from there and gradually they get citizenship. My father was in Karachi longer than my mother and had migrated before when my mother came from Lucknow.

But that we are economic migrants or do not believe in Pakistan is a part of the demonizing campaign against us. We come because we believe in the ideology of Pakistan and believe in its future-sometimes very strongly after being culled in Indian occupied parts. We want to merge our lands with Pakistan, join the army to fight India, and a lot of us have begun questioning terrorist organizations like the MQM. I do not even have that victim vision because I am grateful my parents were given citizenship.

As for Muhajirs we are a shadow of what we were. When your priority becomes strenghthening yourself rather than your nation you obviously become addicted to power and self interest. I am not a supporter of MQM traitorous party. I try to teach other muhajirs the same though they rarely listen. We don't need more power. Economically we are at the top amongst all ethnicities in pakistan, have urdu as our language all over Pakistan and are living in cities. We have it better than anyone else and I do not fear in admitting it. But some of us also give back to the country. I do not believe in muhajir nationalism, or any ethnic groups nationalism. Even your punjabi chauvinism. :)

Your posts are always hilarious. Yes you want to merge ''your'' land Lucknow in middle of India where your population is barely 10%. Are you kidding me? Yes muhajirs have it great in Karachi thanks to Pakistan but your kin back in India is even below hindu dalits economically according to Indian goverment.

They can believe in Pakistan all they want as long as they stay fucking away from Pakistan. We already toke enough of them in the name of Islam. You do believe in muhajir nationalism considiring you want as many of them in Pakistan in expense of non-muhajirs.

Back
Top Bottom