What's new

Theories behind Benazir Bhutto’s murder [BLOG]

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Theories behind Benazir Bhutto’s murder | Aquil Ahmed

Benazir murder has had several ramifications not only in Pakistan but around the world too. There are numerous theories going on. The investigation team has to take up these theories individually and in combination.

The theories are as follows:

Was it like any common suicidal bombing (murder) case going on in Pakistan for a long time now?

1. Was it a Government sponsored murder case?
  2. Was it a PPP sponsored murder case?
  3. Was it an own family sponsored murder case?
  4. Was it a rival party sponsored murder case?
  5. Was it an establishment sponsored murder case?
  6. Was it an internationally sponsored murder case?
  7. Was it a combination of the above mentioned theories?

Let us discuss these theories one by one.

Was it like any common suicidal bombing (murder) case going on in Pakistan for a long time now?

Presence of a suicide bomber for hire should be common in Pakistan by now. Although, if the incident didn’t involve the point blank range gun fire, right before the explosion then it might have been a common suicide bombing case. Not in this case.

Was it a Government sponsored murder case?

We can say it was a lack of control of the situation. The security provided in the Liaqat Bagh was good enough to protect Benazir. In fact due to Government security the first attempt to fire at Benazir while she was delivering her speech was failed. She was safely out from Liaqat Bagh. However once she on her way back to the car, had she not come out of her car, there was no way to kill her. But the Government activities after the murder like washing the murder scene so quickly, blocking the left side route, ignoring the post mortem, citing the cause of death as hitting the roof lever on her head and pointing fingers at Baitullah Mehsud so quickly shows either Government was involved or some of the Officials were part of the conspiracy too.

Was it a PPP sponsored murder case?

A true loyal PPP worker, a PPP Jiyala, cannot think of murdering party’s popular leader. They can sacrifice their own life rather than killing their leader. Although there are some doubts raised on some of the current PPP leadership, everybody is sure they are not the true PPP Leaders or workers. They came in limelight after the accident.

Was it an own family sponsored murder case?

PPP Leaders and workers close to Benazir are outspoken in this regard. In any murder case, the strongest viewpoint for murder investigations is “Who is the biggest beneficiary of the murder”. Musharraf and his party leaders from the very beginning were the worst looser in this murder. The biggest beneficiary is the Husband. He was forced not to take part in Politics by his wife. After her murder he found her “Will” from nowhere to gain access to Pakistan’s top leadership and her huge wealth as well. He is using all his powers to mold the investigations as per his wish. So far he is very successful.

Was it a rival party sponsored murder case?

In the past it was done regularly. But after the Musharraf dictatorship, all political parties realized that they have to combine together and fight against the dictator. They signed the Charter of Democracy (CoD). The political leadership was known to be in touch with each other and directly or indirectly they were supporting each other.

Was it an establishment sponsored murder case?

There is no doubt The Establishment never liked the PPP Government. They always did some efforts to block PPP to come to power but they have never gone so far as killing the PPP leadership especially in considering Musharraf’s un-popularity. The Establishment thought Musharraf brought a bad name to their ranks. The Establishment was trying to clean up their reputation. So there was no way they would have wanted to kill her.

Was it an internationally sponsored murder case?

After reaching to Pakistan when Benazir tried to get away from the NRO settled formula and she tried to convince Nawaz Sharif to take part in the election. She also took side for the restoration of the judiciary. The International guarantors were worried on her changed stance. They might be upset about it and could have made plans to murder her with the help of other actors.

Was it a combination of the above mentioned theories?

A single theory would not work out. It has to be a combination of multiple theories.

Investigation Points

The UN Report did not discuss the theories of murder Plans. The report discussed mainly the after effect of murder. The Fact finding mission should start with the events of the murder day.

Benazir could not be murdered if she remained inside the car. The murderer could hit her only when she is exposed to the shooter/bomber combo out of the car.

She was outdoors on stage when she was delivering her speech. Khalid Shahensha’s mysterious activities show probably a sniper plan. That plan was not successful due to the crowd around Benazir. She was also moving about excitedly during her speech and due to her movements the target could not achieved. This plan probably failed due government’s tight security.

When she moved out of the park on her way back, it was almost impossible to shoot her. But it paved the way for another plan to be executed. Somebody who knows Benazir’s psychology, that she cannot resist to wave at her staunch supporters. They knew it would bring her into the open and would give a good and clear shot to the gunman/bomber. The person who needs to be questioned is who was instrumental to assemble group of PPP followers at this spot. He must be a PPP leader. The gunman who shot from left side may be to mislead and divert the attention of the photographers to the wrong direction. A suicide bomber must have been hired – again to mislead the investigations and to put blame on someone who can never be captured and later close the file. The real shooter was never positively spotted.

After the murder many things went wrong like washing out the location. Mobile Sims were lost. Post Mortem was not done. These things should be examined thoroughly but how the shooting took place is more important to find the murder theories.

Maybe Benazir’s murder is very complicated but investigating Khalid Shahensha’s murder just after one month should not be that complicated. The links in Khalid’s murder and Benazir’s murder are visible.

If it was an International Plan mixed with local Plans then I doubt it will ever be disclosed.

Ok Thanks.

He has raised some critical points i must say specailly about Zardari.
Yeah in any homicide case, you look for the motive. The political meanderings of this UN report are visible, it is what some are now calling a "Zardari bachao report" (Save Zardari report).

A lot of emphasis on things after the fact, and nothing that leads up to the fact. Categorical mentioning that "Zardari has nothing to do with the Murder" is also suspicious.

two more articles are going to be published in the next few days on BB murder.

1-Frontline mag in India - this shd be interesting (i wait with baited breath as the mag implicates the ISI/PA in the murder)

2-New Yorker mag in the US points the main finger at the door of the current PPP leadership!!!

the fun is just beginning!!!

BB murder: Why the UN report ignored conflict on autopsy

Thursday April 22, 2010

ISLAMABAD: The UN Commission on Benazir Bhutto’s murder has not given much importance in its report to the statement of three senior officers, who had told the commission that Asif Zardari had declined to allow the police to conduct the autopsy of his slain wife on Dec 27, 2007.

Sources said at least three officers, including the then Home Secretary Punjab, Khusro Pervez, Capital Police Officer (CPO) Rawalpindi and the then District Coordination Officer, Irfan Elahi, had told the UN Commission in their respective statements that Asif Ali Zardari had stopped the police from conducting the autopsy of Benazir Bhutto.

The sources said at the Chaklala air base on the night of Dec 27, 2007, it was CPO Saud Aziz who told Asif Ali Zardari that the autopsy of Benazir’s body was to be done but Asif Zardari did not allow him to do so. On this, the then DCO Rawalpindi, Irfan Elahi, arranged a call between Asif Zardari and the then Home Secretary, Khusro Pervez, who too was refused the autopsy.

The UN report did not give any importance to these statements but reprimanded the then CPO Rawalpindi for not carrying out the autopsy, which under the law was to be carried out even if the heirs of the deceased did not agree.

Interestingly, three days later on December 31, Asif Ali Zardari had admitted that he had declined a request for a post-mortem. “It was an insult to my wife, an insult to the sister of the nation, an insult to the mother of the nation,” he said. “I know their forensic reports are useless. I refuse to give them her last remains,” the New York Times had quoted Asif Zardari as saying.

Asif Zardari’s statement in a press conference was quite forceful but ignored by the commission, which instead defended Asif Zardari and concluded that the officials were trying to shift their blame on the spouse of the deceased PPP leader.

The question of an autopsy has become central to the circumstances of Benazir Bhutto’s death because of conflicting versions put forward so far.

But one key point which has been ignored, either deliberately or otherwise, by almost all, including the PPP and Asif Zardari, is that without his permission doctors of the RGH had already split open Benazir’s chest to perform an open cardiac massage, which means they extracted her heart and tried to revive it, although unsuccessfully.

Doctors performed an operation called Thoracotomy which in medical terms is an incision into the pleural space of the chest. It is performed by a surgeon, and, rarely, by emergency physicians, to gain access to the thoracic organs, most commonly the heart, the lungs, the esophagus or thoracic aorta, or for access to the anterior spine such as is necessary for access to tumors in the spine.

Once a Thoracotomy, thought to be one of the hardest surgical incisions, was done, there was no issue of disrespect to the body left and at the same time, after the body was cut, an autopsy could have been done with little or few more procedures.

The commission in its report squarely held the CPO, Saud Aziz responsible, for his failure to do the autopsy and extraordinarily underplayed Asif Ali Zardari’s role in this regard. There is no mention of what Zardari had said on Dec 31 and also reported by the media.

Instead, the commission emphasised that on three different occasions, Professor Mussadiq asked CPO Saud Aziz for permission to conduct an autopsy on Benzir Bhutto, and the CPO refused each request.

“On the second request, CPO Saud Aziz is reported to have sarcastically asked the professor whether an FIR had been filed, a matter that the CPO should know, not the professor. DCO Elahi, who was also present outside the operating room, supported CPO Saud Aziz’s position.” The commission said it does not find that there are credible reasons for failing to carry out an autopsy on Benazir Bhutto’s body. The body had already undergone invasive medical procedures when the open heart massage was undertaken.

“If the police were genuinely waiting for Asif Zardari’s permission before requesting a post- mortem examination, they should have left Benazir Bhutto’s remains at the hospital. Instead, they moved her remains to the Chaklala Airbase, thereby rendering such an examination more difficult.”

When questioned about this, senior Punjab officials stated that the plan was to carry out the examination at the base, which also had medical facilities. However, the fact that Benazir Bhutto’s coffin was not taken to the medical facilities, but placed in a room at the base makes this assertion doubtful.

As against the commission report, one of the three officers, who had spoken to Asif Zardari, confided to our sources that the arrangement was made with the help of a military hospital to carry out autopsy there but it was ignored following Asif Zardari’s refusal.

The report while referring to the communication between the Rawalpindi police and home departments of the Punjab and Sindh lamented, “the letter focuses solely on Asif Zardari’s refusal to approve an autopsy -- and portrays it in misleading terms. The letter is clearly intended to hide CPO Saud Aziz’s fundamental failure to carry out his legal obligation regarding the autopsy and, instead, to redirect the blame for this failure to Asif Zardari. The effort to pin responsibility for this failure on Asif Zardari is unacceptable.”

End.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

1. You have explained it plainly and perfectly. Way too big for an ordinary event. (not that suicide bombings are ordinary, that's plain inhumane to suggest)

2, 6 and 8. The reluctance of the then government to conduct a transparent inquiry, the washing of the murder scene, the lack of the autopsy, the hurried lever theory, the retraction of bullet wounds statement by Prof. Mussadiq and numerous other events point in this regard.

The bridge around Ammar Chowk in Chaklala remained closed (completely and later partially) for over a week, twice when Pervez Musharraf was attacked. The scenes were preserved and I saw evidence being collected even a day after the event.

Surprisingly, it took only an hour to collect all "27" pieces of evidence from the BB assassination crime scene, it was hosed and later the car was swept clean as according to the Scotland Yard and UN reports, no blood, hair or DNA samples were collected from the sunroof hood, a violent hit with which allegedly was the cause of death. The car had been swept clean when the Scotland Yard went to see it.

Autopsy of a criminally murdered person, a legal compulsion on the MLO was not conducted. Yet another brilliant and glaring error.

Prof. Mussadiq claimed that there was a bullet entry wound on her lower left side of the head. Video evidence suggest this and the probability that a bullet hit her dupatta, but did not wound her head or even leave a scratch is very very low. Prof. Musaddiq retracted his statements when within hours Brig. Cheema released statements, audio recordings and "proofs",

As for the "establishment" never having had anybody killed, that is a controversial statement. Ask the son of Liaquat Ali Khan. He names the "establishment" and the "military". He names them specifically. I do not mean to say that this is necessarily the truth but I have read much to speculate.

Similarly, ZAB was a victim of Zia and the establishment's wrath. They could not left him to live after usurping power. He was too big a force to be tackled alive.

5. Pointless to even suggest. But Mian Sb's rally was attacked earlier in the day and left 3 dead. Nobody has ever suggested that this might have been an attempt to show that they were being attacked themselves and killed BB, as it is completelty bonkers.

7. The international community only wanted to get her back to power, no reason to remove her from the picture.

4 and 5. I replied to a complete Zardari-did-it comment a couple of weeks earlier.

I find it inherently amusing that people always, without any proof and/or evidence, blame somebody for crimes that they "suppose" the other person must have committed.

I never heard anybody, literally anybody, suggesting even in his wildest conspiratorial imaginations that Zardari could have been a possible suspect in the earlier days that followed the assassination or on the fateful day. The next day when Zardari held a press conference and talked about peace and calm, most people were praising him. But as time would tell, Zardari later assumed the highest public office in this country but nobody, literally nobody could have imagined, planned or thought of such a scenario. Zardari assuming the reins of the PPP would have been out of anybody's imagination as well. To think of Musharraf resigning and Zardari assuming the office of the President was simply out of question. Zardari was thought to have occupied the position of a king maker, a power broker but him holding a public office had not been imagined by anybody.

But let me move on to the real topic. As we have seen, the perfect criminal, the perfect person to blame for anything from clogged sewers, to electricity theft to adulteration of drugs to traffic jams is the "corrupt politician" in the country. Common sense and basic logic is alien to most people and therefore came the usual idiotic, lunatic heresay, gossip, conspiracy theories and figments of imagination which have linked Zardari to the BB assassination. I do not claim to be the ultimate arbitrator, or in knowledge of "secrets", but common sense, public evidence and logic demands that he had nothing to do with her assignation. I find it beyond comprehension that people would be believe such stories without any material, forensic or oral evidence or any testimony. The nature of such statements is highly amusing for most of these people would reject any legal insight into the case and shrug off new investigations as biased or giving a clean chit to Zardari. to such illogical and irrational people, I have nothing to say and can only wish that you gain some rationality.

From everybody claiming through their every ready "knowledgeable insiders" and "uncles" that Zardari had asked Asifa/Bakhtawar to call Benazir to come out of the sun roof to stories of a unproven life insurance policy, the value of which ranges between millions to billions and trillions depending on the level of insanity that the narrator suffers from, I have listened to every Tom, Dick and Harry to personally have complete confidence in Zardari being the sole perpetrator for he turned out to be a benefactor (albeit an year later and out of the blue).

The only thing that irks me are the unfounded accusations, unproven claims of conspiracies to assassinate and general lack of common sense that originate within the realm of these stories.

Zardari refused a postmortem citing that people won't accept it, even though her chest had already been cut open, and her heard massaged by doctors trying to save her life. Could've just allowed the postmortem at that stage.

Zardari is nobody to "reject" an autopsy. An autopsy should have been ordered. I do not claim to be a legal expert, but I have studied law, legislation and legal procedures well enough to understand basic interpretations, statutes and procedures as a knowledgeable citizen. Had we been taught about basic laws and been taught to respect the law through our textbooks, many of us would have had a different attitude towards legal procedures.

While not having a good library in front of me, I can at least direct your uniformed mind to the basic legal tenants behind autopsies in homicides (murder with criminal intent).

The investigating officer does not need order the autopsy of the victim, nor does he require the will of the next of kin. The autopsy is ordered by the MLO (Medico Legal Officer) and is performed by the person authorized by him. Suicides require the investigation officer's approval for autopsy if he is unsure about cause of death (174(3) CrPC) but this was not a suicide.

I can reference only a little bit in this context right now, but I'm inherently sure of what I've stated above.

The medicolegal system of Pakistan is based on an inquest by the Police which investigates the crimes and seeks the help of the medical profession in relevant cases. In most cases, now there is a legal requirement of a medicolegal examination/or an autopsy as the case may be ....... Autopsies are performed only for the purposes of investigation of death due to a criminal act.

S. Hadi "Medicolegal impact of the new hurt laws in Pakistan"

It was a violation of Pakistani criminal law and prevented a medical conclusion about what killed the former prime minister, said Athar Minallah, who serves on the board that manages Rawalpindi General Hospital.

Pakistan's caretaker prime minister, Mohammadmian Soomro, told the Cabinet that Bhutto's husband had insisted on no autopsy. But according to a leading lawyer, Athar Minallah, an autopsy is mandatory under Pakistan's criminal law in a case of this nature.

"It is absurd, because without autopsy it is not possible to investigate. Is the state not interested in reaching the perpetrators of this heinous crime or there was a cover-up?" Minallah said.

Read more: Pakistan government skips autopsy, shifts story on how Bhutto died | McClatchy

In fact, it was CPO Saud Aziz who denied Dr. Musaddiq's and the RGH staff's request for an autopsy not once, but thrice. The UN report states this clearly

146. The Commission does not find that there are credible reasons for failing to carry out an autopsy on Ms Bhutto’s. The body had already undergone invasive medical
procedures when the open heart massage was undertaken. Moreover, a post-mortem
examination limited to a complete external examination and not involving any
invasive surgery could have been carried out. Even that limited exam was not
conducted in this case. While one doctor did take a general look over the body, the
doctors admit that this did not constitute a proper external post-mortem examination.

147. It is odd that Ms Bhutto’s remains were moved to the Pakistan Air Force base
(Chaklala Airbase) in Rawalpindi before Mr Zardari’s arrival from Dubai. According
to sources, the body was taken from the hospital around 2300 hours, on 27 December.
The note signed by Mr Zardari accepting his wife’s remains is timed 0110 hours on
28 December. If the police were genuinely waiting for Mr Zardari’s permission
before requesting a post- mortem examination, they should have left Ms Bhutto’s
remains at the hospital. Instead they moved her remains to Chaklala Airbase, thereby
rendering such an examination more difficult.
When questioned about this, senior
Punjab officials stated that the plan was to carry out the examination at the base
which also had medical facilities. However, the fact that Ms Bhutto’s coffin was not
taken to the medical facilities, but placed in a room at the base makes this assertion
doubtful.

148. There was a series of memos from CPO Saud Aziz and his superiors regarding
the absence of a post-mortem examination. The CPO wrote a memo to his immediate
superior, the IGP of Punjab, dated 27 December, but actually written in the morning
of 28 December, in which he reported that an autopsy could not be conducted because
her husband had refused to authorize one. The IGP then sent a memo, also dated 27
December (and written on 28 December), to the Home Secretary of Sindh Province
reporting Mr Zardari’s refusal and suggesting that the matter be taken up by the
Home Department of Sind h Province. On 28 December, a letter was written from the
Punjab Additional Secretary, Internal Security, to the Sindh Home Secretary,
requesting that the latter seek Mr Zardari’s permission to conduct a post-mortem
examination on Ms Bhutto’s remains prio r to burial.

149. The Commission finds the letter written by CPO Saud Aziz to be fundamentally
misleading. Nothing in the letter explains why the autopsy had not been carried out
earlier, during the preceding five hours while Ms Bhutto’s remains were at RGH.
Rather, the letter focuses solely on Mr Zardari’s refusal to approve an autopsy – and
portrays even that refusal in misleading terms. The letter is clearly intended to hide
CPO Saud Aziz’s fundamental failure to carry out his legal obligation regarding the
autopsy and, instead, to redirect blame for this failure to Mr Zardari. The effort to pin
responsibility for this failure on Mr Zardari is unacceptable. No autopsy had been
carried out even though five hours had passed since Ms Bhutto had been declared dead.
The body had been placed in a coffin and brought to the PAF airbase. CPO
Saud Aziz placed Mr Zardari in an impossible situation – one which almost
compelled Mr Zardari to refuse the request for an autopsy.

150. The subsequent letter by the IGP, Punjab reiterating the misleading summary of
events set out in CPO Saud Aziz’s letter reflects the willingness of his administrative
superior to further this shift of responsibility and perpetrate a cover- up of the true
reason behind the lack of a post-mortem examination.

151. In short, CPO Saud Aziz did not fulfil his legal obligation to order an autopsy.
Having failed in that regard, he sought to cover up his failing by putting Mr Zardari in
a situation designed to elicit his refusal of an autopsy. CPO Saud Aziz’s further effort
to cover his failings by writing a memo pinning blame on Mr Zardari was highly
improper.
On their face, these factors taken together strongly suggest a preconceived
effort to prevent a thorough examination of Ms Bhutto’s remains.

152. CPO Saud Aziz, an experienced senior police officer, refused to allow a postmortem
examination. He certainly knew the requirements of the law and the practice
of law enforcement in such cases.
He need not have waited for Mr Zardari. He was,
furthermore, aware of the importance and status of the person involved. All these
factors together support the view held by many Pakistanis that CPO Saud Aziz did
not act independently in this matter. CPO Saud Aziz’s insistence on justifying his
actions has made it difficult for the Commission to inquire any further and attempt to
unearth who might have been behind the decision.

Why is Zardari the biggest hindrance in the investigations? Why isn't he championing the cause? Who in Pakistan believes him when he says "I don't want to take revenge". The top candidate for premiership was assassinated, the nation wants answers!

I cannot answer that, only Zardari can but again you have no evidence as to ho he's been a "hindrance". The lack of will to pursue the investigation is far from "hindrance". Even then, he is not the biggest hindrance as far as I see it. The biggest hindrance is the lack of evidence (only 27 pieces of evidence were found to be necessary and then the crime scene washed up), and then conflicting stories that Brig Cheema had to come up with in haste. Dr Musaddiq had to backtrack his statements because of the ever "invisible forces" and later he agreed to the lever theory as well. The bullet wound has never been conclusively proven but as far as I see it there's a million to one chance that the bullet had hit her dupatta, waved it and then not wounded her fatally. The lever might have been fatal and would have definitely given a heavy concussion in addition to skull fractures and/or skin lacerations but the lack of a bullet wound, to me, is a mystery.

Also, if there exists a conspiracy that was involved in the assassination of BB, then nobody will ever reach to the bottom of the case. Or if indeed Baitullah Mehsud ordered her assassination, as Brig Cheema claimed within a few days and CID Punjab reached the conclusion as well, there is no point in further pursuing the case as Baitullah is dead and the supposed involved in the case are under trial already.

Why did Zardari order the crime scene by sanitized?

Another of your bigger goofs, I’d say the biggest goofy of all.

I should believe that the husband of a former Prime Minister who has not been in Pakistan for years and is absolutely not in power in any way, “orders” the hosing down of the crime scene? Am I to believe that Zardari was as powerful as you describe while having no political and/or legal authority in Pakistan? Your logic is mind boggling to me.

Well if the UN and most of the media is to be believed, it is more likely to be DG MI Maj Gen Nadeem Ijaz who ordered the hosing down to CPO Saud Aziz who ordered it to the senior most officer on the crime scene, SP Khurram Aziz. Now that seems like a much more plausible explanation. I’m not sure anybody in the right state of mind would believe that Zardari “ordered” the “sanitization” of the crime scene.

Why did Zardari's closest aides (Interior Minister Rahman Malik, and Federal Law minister Babar Awan) drive off with her decoy/backup car - and that too sped off from the scene.

Now that is indeed a relevant question and demands investigation and both peeople will have to testify as to why they jumped into a car reserved as the back up and drove the other way.

But Rehman Malik and Babar Awan weren’t close confidants to Zardari or anybody back then. Rehman Malik was Benazir’s in charge of security and Babar Awan an articulate, well spoken, shrewd and cunning opportunist who was climbing the ladders of power. The corridors of power might never have welcomed Babar Awan in such a way had BB been alive, for Babar Awan was not such a main guy back then (but this does not mean that he was close to Zardari). He became close to the Zardari circle when he saw that Zardari needed people around him who would suck up to him and Awan has sunken the boat quite a few times already with his bad advice. Babar Awan holds the bullet-killed-BB view though :-

Babar Awan, a senior official of Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party, said of the sunroof theory: "That is a false claim." He said he'd seen her body after the attack and there were at least two bullet marks, one in the neck and one on the top of the head: "It was a targeted, planned killing. The firing was from more than one side."

Nobody needed to be a Zardari confidant, friend or chamcha until after he became the defacto head of the PPP. There was no point in sucking up to him when BB was alive, for he had no visible political future.

Why was PPP's own security protocols not followed as cited by the UN report?

Like Muhammad Aslam, the Protocol Officer said in a interview a couple of days back, the squads got confused as to which car BB had been sitting in.

Khalid Shahanshah, the man who was making those neck clenching signs during the speech and got murdered later has been a mystery man as well. A journalist (albeit of average credibility) penned down a book on the BB assassination and just yesterday this popped up:-

The author of the book by the title WHO ASSASINATED BENAZIR has revealed that the security incharge of Benazir was in contact with Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mehsud .
The writer of the book Shakeel Anjum was speaking exclusively to Dunya News claimed that the security incharge Benazir, Khalid Shahanshah of was in contact with Baitullah Mehsud. He travelled to Waziristan several times during 2007.

Well I am in no position to vindicate Zardari of being a suspect, but the mainstream narrative that runs among the people and the stories that are cited in this regard are highly amusing to me. He might just have planned a super big political game, ordered and planned the assassination of BB and have conspired to capture the reins of power in a giant and genius criminal conspiracy, but the evidence in this regard is non existent. There's not even circumstantial or inadmissible evidence or any testimonies in this regard. There exists nothing that supports common conspiracy theories and however bad his Presidency may be for our country, it does not make him BB's murderer.

1-Frontline mag in India - this shd be interesting (i wait with baited breath as the mag implicates the ISI/PA in the murder)

2-New Yorker mag in the US points the main finger at the door of the current PPP leadership!!!

Boss , i dont know why i have got this funny feeling that even if Zardari is involved in this Murder he will get away with it.

All evidence has been washed away , Her driver was house arrested and later killed , No postmortem was done and Zardari accepted that he himself blocked efforts to do one , Her will was found out of no where , all of them lead to one suspect which is no one else but our own President.

If he got away with it , i would be highly disappointed.

All evidence has been washed away , Her driver was house arrested and later killed
Do you have evidence to back these claims?

Khalid Shahenshah was not the driver, he was a bodyguard and he was perhaps killed in a gang feud. Khalid Shahenshah was involved in drug feuds with other gangs of Lyari, especially the now late (thank God) Rehman Dakait. Khalid Shahenshah was earlier named by Indians to have been involved in wars between their favourite topics, Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Rajan.

The protocol officer of BB, Muhammad Aslam, mentioned the driver's name in a recent interview praising him, like many others, to have kept his cool under such conditions and have driven her to the hospital. I have forgotten his name but he is very much alive.

This is how idiotic conspiracy theories breed. One guys reads a false fact here, tells it to his friends who tells it to a party and three days later a guy in Gujranwala states that Zardari's personal henchman was seen murdering the driver of BB. In the end a million people believe false facts b/c everybody believed false facts w/o investigating the claims for themselves. A hundred mouths spreading false lies leads to an entire gullible populace believing nothing but idiotic conspiracies based on misunderstood claims or even better, made up facts, events or statements.

It is the dirty aspect of our politics that we don’t spare any moment to malign opponents without any rationale. The same is the case of Asif Ali Zardari, he is the only culprit behind all the transgresses either in Pakistan or abroad. Since he entered in the corridors of powers, he has been vilified and his image is maligned. From KLB to War on Terror, judges issue and 18th amendment he was maligned, but no one dared to praise how amicably he resolved all the issues. Now in case of BB murder there is campaign that he is trying to protect his allies but perhaps they did not come across the decision not to spare anyone from investigation in assassination case of former premier Benazir Bhutto including federal ministers, Areview news reported. It further resolved to go on taking action even against former president Pervez Musharraf if the evidences were found, leading to hold him guilty of involving in assassination. This decision was also taken by the Zardari, so stop such vilification campaign against president.

It seems that the focus is deliberately being shifted to the aftermath of BB’s death than what lead to her being assassinated. She was a target for radicals and was someone would have dealt with the extremists on her aggressive terms.

Post her assassination, there was a change of guard at the PPP. It is all but natural for a new leader to bring his team, which is what President Zardari has done. The team that was closest to BB i.e. Naheed Khan and Safdar Abbasi were shown the door. Off course, PPP is a big political party where internal differences have always been a major factor. But few conspirators like Ansar Abbasi, Tariq Butt, Shahid Masood etc are playing a dirty role by instigating statements or rather putting words in mouths of people who are no more in favor and try to create divisions in the party.

As usual, what else to expect from them. They are always looking out for something where they can bring in PA/ISI and create hysteria.

ISI and the current govt were the ones which had been repeatedly giving warnings and asking Bhutto to keep a low profile, question is why she came out of the vehicle and if was asked by someone, then who was it.

She was killed by a bullet, that is for sure, she got it on her left side of the head and it went out from the right side of the head above the right eye area.

I had many discussion with people, and some with very intimate information & knowledge and the link to her death goes outside Pakistan, but people inside are involved too.

People hear of some kind of a deal and she retreating back on the deal, due to which she was killed, well that is very near to truth. The deal is not about Mushy one, it was some other deal, sorry as can't discuss in detail, but most probably as told she was killed due to her non compliance of some agreement which was reached with someone.

Guys, do remember the Hariri assassination, what it achieved and who really benefited due to it.

Same case for Pakistan, see who got the most benefit and who was and were the losers.

Back
Top Bottom