What's new

& the winner in Maharashtra & Haryana is...

Manohar Lal Khattar to be next CM of Haryana - The Times of India

@ranjeet @Jaat Rock never heard about this guy before. What do you guys reckon? is he a good choice?
I also never heard about this guy before, @ranjeet told me about him few days ago on this thread. :D
@ranjeet bhai kya lagta hai karega kuch ? o_O

@ranjeet @Jaat Rock @jha @levina @JanjaWeed @Sidak
Guys I just found something about the new CM of haryana. It seems he is a very honest man who is simple and hard-working ,but going by his views below, It seems that he has conservative view-ponts on some issues.
(This post is not meant to belittle Manohar JI or hurt the sentiments of any fellow BJP/RSS supporters, please forgive me if I hurt your sentiments)

Freedom must have limits too, girls should dress decently to not lure boys, says BJP's Karnal candidate - IBNLive

Karnal: Another politician has blamed girls for rapes. Karnal BJP MLA candidate Manohar Lal Khattar has said that girls must be dressed decently and not 'lure' boys.

On a question about Khap panchayats and their rulings, Khattar said that to an extent Khap rulings were justified as they 'tried to abide by the Indian culture'. Khattar, who is also being seen as a possible CM candidate if BJP wins the October 15 Assembly elections in Haryana, said that girls need to be dressed decently so as to 'not attract the opposite sex'.

Speaking to IBNLive, Khattar said, "Khaps maintain the tradition of a girl and boy being brother and sister. They are just making sure that a girl and boy do not see each other in the wrong way. These rulings help prevent rapes too."

He also went on to say pre-marital sex is wrong, calling it 'ulti seedhi cheezein'. "Pre-marital sex is a blot. Sex after marriage is acceptable. Pre-marital sex happens as the minds of the girls and boys are not on the right track," he said.

"If a girl is dressed decently, a boy will not look at her in the wrong way," Khattar added. When interrupted and asked about the freedom of choice to girls and boys, he said, "If you want freedom, why don't they just roam around naked? Freedom has to be limited. These short clothes are western influences. Our country's tradition asks girls to dress decently."

While Khattar holds these views, his own party member, Ambala Cantt BJP MLA Anil Viz disagreed with him. "I personally disagree with him. We can't hold such views in 21st century," said.

BJP's Karnal MP Ashwani Kumar Chopra too said he disagreed with Khattar's views. "At his age, people tend to become slightly orthodox," Chopra commented on Khattar's remark.

The Congress too hit out at him saying, "One needs to change with time. Change is the only constant. Such views are wrong," said Congress Karnal candidate Surender Singh Narwal.
I think he should start this from his own family first. His relatives live in my hometown and believe me if he really meant what he said above, he should check his relatives first....I don't wanna say more about this

2. Non Jaat face as BJPs votebank has been Non Jaats in Haryana.
@arp2041 bhai you are wrong about this
lots of Jats support BJP in Haryana this time and AFAIK BJP got more Jats votes than Congress this time. Other castes like Valmikis and many other SC,BC support Congress because of there votebank policies.

Last edited:
Congressification is not a correct term, BJP is a national party and following the parameters of a national party to chose a CM candidate.
Bhai I mean wholesale import of Congress and other party people into bjp. Not everybody is good from them.
I have raised other points also. BTW I said nothing about cm candidate. That was another poster.
But this nepotism, import of Congress leaders and factionalism may lead to downfall of bjp. Factionalism cost them uttaranchal.

Bhai I mean wholesale import of Congress and other party people into bjp. Not everybody is good from them.
I have raised other points also. BTW I said nothing about cm candidate. That was another poster.
But this nepotism, import of Congress leaders and factionalism may lead to downfall of bjp. Factionalism cost them uttaranchal.

The way of working of a national party and a regional parties are always different. Its obvious, the central leadership would be consulted for choosing a CM candidate.

The way of working of a national party and a regional parties are always different. Its obvious, the central leadership would be consulted for choosing a CM candidate.
Again I have nothing to say about bjp cm candidate selection process

The win of 2 seats by mim is due to the vote bank politics. The congress treated them as only votebank and didn't do anything to help people. This should be understood and efforts be made to improve the conditions there. I hope these mla actually work for the people unlike owaisi.

@ranjeet bhai yeh sab kya hai? Sabhi lage hue hai pehli baari koi non-jat bana hai Haryana :hitwall:, Media ne sab kuch Jat vs Non-Jat bana kar rakh diya...:angry:
Kisiko Bhajan Lal Bishnoi ke baare me pata bhi hai ke woh bechara wese hi Haryana ka 2 bar CM bankar chala gaya :lol:

@ranjeet bhai yeh sab kya hai? Sabhi lage hue hai pehli baari koi non-jat bana hai Haryana :hitwall:, Media ne sab kuch Jat vs Non-Jat bana kar rakh diya...:angry:
Kisiko Bhajan Lal Bishnoi ke baare me pata bhi hai ke woh bechara wese hi Haryana ka 2 bar CM bankar chala gaya :lol:
bolne de .. bina baat ki controversy chahiye media walo ko.

The media ppl trying to create issues in Maharashtra also. By claiming gadkari will be cm and not fadnavis. BTW both of them are very close. Gadkari was brought in politics by fadnavis' father. In turn fadnavis was brought in politics by gadkari.

My dad never liked Barkha Dutt since Kargil days (specially after Capt.Vikram Batra's death) ...and so do I.
Forgive me but what has Barkha Dutt got to do with Capt. Vikram Batra's death?

Forgive me but what has Barkha Dutt got to do with Capt. Vikram Batra's death?
You've misconstrued my post.
The fact that she was interviewing officers and reporting from kargil did irk many army officers in Delhi during the kargil war.

The fact that she was interviewing officers and reporting from kargil did irk many army officers in Delhi during the kargil war.
Ah got it. I had the same feeling as well.

She was doing her job as a journalist....... But i think Media played a great role in Kargil...... By highlighting the actions in the war, It played a great role atleast in the minds of enemy........If there was a problem in reporting or telecasting the interview, then the blame should be on army not on barkha.......

I dont like her for other reasons though......

She was doing her job as a journalist....... But i think Media played a great role in Kargil...... By highlighting the actions in the war, It played a great role atleast in the minds of enemy........If there was a problem in reporting or telecasting the interview, then the blame should be on army not on barkha.......

I dont like her for other reasons though......

Whenever something's done for the first time then few might applause it and it might irk a few others. This is exactly what happened during the media coverage of Kargil war.

Back
Top Bottom