What's new

The Wehrmacht In Pictures: A Look At One of History's Legendary Fighting Force

When PASGT helmet came in 80's, the American servicemen nicknamed it "Kraut helmet"...Because it looked similar to stahlhelm.
View attachment 281824

No, you are incorrect. It wasn't the first time GB was bombed.
Great Britain was bombed many times during first world war.
View attachment 281828

View attachment 281829
View attachment 281830
Zeppelin over St.Paul Cathederal London

Yes i know. i didn't put it correctly. meant only Germany has ever succeeded in bombing Great Britain. :)
nice pics.

Bro you ever watch the German movie "Stalingrad" from 1993? Really worthwhile to watch it!

I've heard of it but frankly, I haven't watched it yet. Thanks for the recommendation, though!

A good film I've watched however is 1944, featuring soldiers of the 20th Estonian SS Volunteer Division and also Estonians fighting for the Red Army.

I've heard of it but frankly, I haven't watched it yet. Thanks for the recommendation, though!

A good film I've watched however is 1944, featuring soldiers of the 20th Estonian SS Volunteer Division and also Estonians fighting for the Red Army.

Thanks I got to watch that one. Do you understand German BTW?

Thanks I got to watch that one. Do you understand German BTW?

Sure, I also speak the language. Going to watch Cross of Iron right now.
have u ppl watched Generation War? it's mini tv series in German from Germany's perspective very good tv series i must say

fallschirmjäger

polzin1.jpg

Fallschirmjager-05.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J16739,_Nettuno,_Zwei_deutsche_Fallschirmj%C3%A4ger.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-166-0508-16,_Kreta,_Vormarsch_deutscher_Fallschirmj%C3%A4ger.jpg

2nd SS Das Reich in Belgrade
tumblr_nm1f8n08jt1u6mmqfo1_500.jpg

have u ppl watched Generation War? it's mini tv series in German from Germany's perspective very good tv series i must say

Yah watched it and a documentary about the controversy it raised in Poland over the anti-semitic depiction of the Polish resistance in it.

But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Going to watch Cross of Iron right now.

That ones old school. Has to be one of the very few that used so many T-34s in the scenes....and well choreographed too.

The first half of the movie is pretty slow and dull though from what I remember.

Yah watched it and a documentary about the controversy it raised in Poland over the anti-semitic depiction of the Polish resistance in it.

But I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The good thing about it was that they didn't showed any bs like many hollywood or Russian movies where 10 soldiers are killing 500-600 German soldiers while they're supported by tanks btw Russian se yd aya have u watched white tiger? :D

1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH)

The Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler barracks in Berlin, 1938
tumblr_n626t1H4eJ1spwf52o1_1280.jpg

A December 1935 parade
Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-17311,_Berlin-Lichterfelde,_Hitler_bei_Leibstandarte.jpg

3.jpg

Soldiers of the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler rest along the roadside 1939 September
tumblr_mqo9ueU3Hk1spwf52o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Haven't watched it yet but just as Nilgiri I'm aware of the controversy surrounding it in terms of the depiction of the Polish partisans.

The first half of the movie is pretty slow and dull though from what I remember.

I don't think so. There is quite a number of eventful combat scenes over the course of the film. What I find rather funny is that fact that Hänschen klein, a well-known German children's song, was played at the beginning while black and white footages of Hitler and Wehrmacht soldiers in intense firefights were shown and at the ending.

Right now I'm continuing with its sequel, Breakthrough.

One that I really enjoyed was the Finnish one Talvisota (Winter War).

I enjoyed it too. Another film featuring the Finns I like is Tali-Ihantala 1944, though it lacked some action in my book.

21st Panzer Division

Rommel inspecting division in May, 1944
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-300-1865-06,_Frankreich,_Rommel_bei_21._Pz.Div..jpg

PzKpfw IIIs of 21st Panzer advance along the coastal road in Cyrenaica, March 1941
Panzer025.jpg

Paner IV of 21st Panzer division
54192_orig.jpg

Tankers and soldiers from the 21st Panzer Division Normandy 1944
ba4db56a978e489347dd9d4c43afb370.jpg

Man why German language sounds so cool words like Panzer, Blitzkrieg etc can't wait to learn this language

Breakthrough was pretty mediocre as a sequel, @Nilgiri. More Wehrmacht pictures incoming:

B9kMjsVCIAEaSGR.jpg

German elite infantry Fallschirmjäger climbing their way through a mountainous region in Greece, 1941.

B9kySCWIgAIyY-g.jpg

A column of German Sd.Kfz. 164 Nashorn tank destroyers on the road in Russia, January 1944.

B90t1N0IYAA5KZb.jpg

Brand new Panther tanks for the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking are being transported by rail to the Eastern Front.

B-KLdFlCcAAllfn.jpg

German soldiers cross the Moselle river during the early stages of the invasion of France, 1940.

B-NChCDCAAAdGf1.jpg

A German convoy with a Sturmgeschütz III and Panzerkampfwagen V Panthers near Nettuno, March 1944.

B-oToxEWkAUMukJ.jpg

German Fallschirmjäger armed with an MG 42 machine gun, search for enemy movement in Normandy, 1944.

B-PKwznCAAASnN8.jpg

Michael Wittmann, left, with his crew in front of their Tiger tank. Notice the many confirmed kills on the gun.

B-sm29WUUAAgJ6C.jpg

German Waffen-SS units on motorcycles and trucks move through the city of Mariupol in Ukraine, 1941.

The good thing about it was that they didn't showed any bs like many hollywood or Russian movies where 10 soldiers are killing 500-600 German soldiers while they're supported by tanks btw Russian se yd aya have u watched white tiger? :D

1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH)

The Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler barracks in Berlin, 1938
tumblr_n626t1H4eJ1spwf52o1_1280.jpg

A December 1935 parade
Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-17311,_Berlin-Lichterfelde,_Hitler_bei_Leibstandarte.jpg

3.jpg

Soldiers of the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler rest along the roadside 1939 September
tumblr_mqo9ueU3Hk1spwf52o1_1280.jpg

Bear in mind that even though the LSSAH was formed in September 1933, it was not until 22 October 1943 when the unit was officially promoted to a Panzer Division.

Breakthrough was pretty mediocre as a sequel, @Nilgiri. More Wehrmacht pictures incoming:

So I've heard. Now that you described cross of iron more, I remember it more. Its been a really long time, have to see it again to refresh.

Back
Top Bottom