What's new

The US-Saudi Economic Attack on Russia is a Risky Gambit

And then what? More sanctions because of aggression? That would spell the end of the Rusdian economy and credibility and for what? Trying to get back at the US? With the Saudis gone the US would just ramp up their shale oil production.

The Russians are not that stupid

Not really, if the Saudis are taken out as a supplier, even if very temporarily, oil price will shoot up to a very high level, problem solved. Who can prove that the missile strike was done by Russia, not Iran, etc. There is no way US shale production can replace Saudi oil and anyway, how many years would it take to increase that shale production? There are many dirty tricks that can be played, US is doing it, why Russia can't?

Well, in a way, but also much of Ukraine's people are actual Russians and they prefer to stay with Russia. We'll have to see how the situation evolves..

Ukraine: Percentage Who Identify As Ethnic Russians Or Say Russian Is Their First Language

Screen shot 2014-12-18 at 8.46.35 AM.png

It's only Crimea where they have a majority

Not really, if the Saudis are taken out as a supplier, even if very temporarily, oil price will shoot up to a very high level, problem solved. Who can prove that the missile strike was done by Russia, not Iran, etc. There is no way US shale production can replace Saudi oil and anyway, how many years would it take to increase that shale production? There are many dirty tricks that can be played, US is doing it, why Russia can't?
Mr. Putin can keep playing assassination trick, he will keep killing EU politicians who go against him like Mr. Schockenhoff in German.EU politicians will feel so terrified and finally submit to Mr. Putin.

Remember that Russia have lots of spy in German coz Russia occupied East German during Cold war.

Yep, if Ukraine sell jet engine, Kilos tech to China, then China can start mass producing Su-30, Su-35, Jet bomber, Kilos sub etc at half price. Then there will be no more weapon market for Russia.

Game over for Russia economy.
Oh ok, so you mean if they join EU, they can sell weapon to China? beacuse currently EU bans any weapon sale to China, Please explain whats the logic here. :cheesy:

1982-1983?!

That was like 2-3 years before I even existed...lol!

Hey, @Nihonjin1051 Could you set your profile to have followers be able to initiate conversations (private messages)? I've got something I and Chinese-Dragon would like to discuss with you (let me know or if you do make the change, or you could start on conversation on my profile page, it's open to followers)... unless he has already done so. And just so I'm kind of on topic:

99 cent gas!!!:o:!!! Mines at $2.10.

Russia is nothing more then a gas station, well an armed gas station that sells military arms. Their problem, and the reason the Ruble is hurting so much is that their economy is not diversified... sounds to me like they're a one-trick pony. Also, they have a bad investment climate which harms foreign businesses anytime problems arise between it and the West. Who'd want to invest in a nation that can nationalize or criminalize a business at will?

Last edited:
For the love of God start WW3 so can get these phucking animals the phuck off our land.

Please EU, USA, Russia take each other together.

I don't believe in any conspiracy theories, like a secret deal between west and GCC to put Iran and Russia under pressure. Oil prices are going down mainly because of decreasing demand in the market and China's economic boost slowly hitting a straight line. I won't comment on Russia, but I'm sure it won't have any significant impact on Iran, because we exported nearly half of what we are exporting now 2 years ago and nothing went different much.

What a brilliant logic, so U.S is going to mess up it's energy security's main factor, the Shale oil, in order to please GCC or 'getting Iran down'? You have basically written what you have wished for, not what is happening in reality.

U.S is about to become an oil exporter and losing shale oil market means getting back to days which reminds them of dark 1973 days and they won't lose that leverage only to put Iran under pressure, especially when it's certain that nothing important will happen for Iran.

By the way, GCC and KSA especially, are exporting oil tens of times more than Iran and naturally, they are losing billions of dollars more than Iran with current prices. They may not need that money now, but still it's a money that is never going to come back, a money that they may desperately need in not a so distant future.

PS: This table may help understanding the situation a bit more:

View attachment 158134

It's obvious, there has been some sort of secret agreement between the West and the GCC especially the KSA to pull the oil prices down before the end of Iranian nuclear talks to force it to kneel down to their demands regarding it's nuclear program and it's policy in the Arab world. Russia comes as the second target here to force her to soften her tone in Ukraine and Syria So it's basically hitting more than one bird with the same stone. The third bird here is helping oil importing allies especially Egypt.

Very smart and effective policy that will surely work out in getting Iran down.

Has Saudi Arabia declared "Oil Price War"?

Told you. :)

I'm certainly not lamenting lower oil prices. But this article hit the nail on the head: the US has really bought into its propaganda that Russia is merely an "oversized gas station", when in reality, Russia is the 2nd strongest military power in the world and has world class defense and aerospace industries. Russia will be able to weather this assault and emerge strong, and when it does, it will want revenge. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the US' shoes once that happens.
:rofl: What can Russia do to the U.S bro?
hmmmmmmmmmmm............let me think ............nothing.:lol:
Russia barely trades with the U.S. in fact even India trades more/buys more from the U.S than Russia. So Russia has ZERO leverage over the U.S. If you had say Japan,South Korea, China,Germany etc i will have understand, since they have huge trade replationship with the U.S Russia stands nowhere in this regard. the Only thing it has i.e soviet era weapons industry, oil and Gas, The U.S basically has them all and far better ones.:D So im afraid Russia wont get its revenge anytime soon.:bounce:

Hey, @Nihonjin1051 Could you set your profile to have followers be able to initiate conversations (private messages)? I've got something I and Chinese-Dragon would like to discuss with you (let me know or if you do make the change, or you could start on conversation on my profile page, it's open to followers)... unless he has already done so. And just so I'm kind of on topic:

Hey @SvenSvensonov , its been edited. :)

I think EU (except UK) must find the way to shake hand wt Russia to stop US's madness. They r putting the whole EU into war wt a stupid reason like: ' Putin will conquer the West after Crime'.

Putin surely will not back down, the oil price today also recover a bit. EU will become the victim if Mr. Putin get angry and start the Real war.

Dont worry about us my friend Niceguy, we have been living/fighting with the bear for centuries, so we know them better than you do(your relations dates back just as recently as the cold war era, and its mostly a buyer seller relationship.:D) so we know how to deal with the bear better than you all do in Asia.:big_boss: Afterall, i understand you are cheering for Russia deep down your heart, instead of the west/U.S and even Japan, since you all still have this old 'romance/love' for Moscow as they 'helped' you(just like India) during the cold war.:D

However, you all have to know that the current power struggle is just normal. since no power/country in this world who has the capabilities/infleunce/power to exert its influence wont seize the opportunity to do just that.:agree:
You seem to forget that Moscow expanded alot as well/invaded several nations to get to its current size, they even invaded much of eastern Europe(and parts of China/Japan whicht hey still hold uptill today.lol) when they had the power/capabilities to do it, China also had seeveral tributary states(from Vietnam to Korea to Malaysia/Japan) in Asia when it was still the most pwoerful country/hegemon in Asia, Mongolia did same with much of ASIA,EUROPE AND parts of RUSSIA, Japan did the same when it had the power pillaging,killing,raping,looting all over Asia, france and Britain did the same colonizing/exploiting other weaker countries during their hegemony periods,same with even Vietnam when it had a little power it also exert its influence and invaded Cambodia and Laos and tried threatened Thailand etc etc. Thats how trhe worlds works bro. jsut because the old Bear is weak today doesnt means its a saint/non interventionists.lol Far from it, they just are mad/sad that they lost all those capabilties, so they are jealous of U.S/western power/influence, many wish they had it to be honest.:enjoy::agree:

Interesting, I opened the link, this is what it says:

A German court has ordered an autopsy on a conservative member of parliament who was a prominent critic of Russia's Vladimir Putin in order to rule out any link between his death and his hard-line stance towards the Kremlin, state prosecutors said.

Andreas Schockenhoff, a deputy parliamentary floor leader for Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative party, died unexpectedly on Saturday at the age of 57. A former point-man for the German government on relations
with Russia, Schockenhoff was an outspoken proponent of tough sanctions against Russiaafter its annexation of Crimea.

"We don't know the cause of his death," Karl-Josef Diehl from the state prosecutor's office in Ravensburg told Reuters.

"In order to determine the exact cause of death and to counter all doubts and speculation, including any related to his previous work, like his role as the government's coordinator for Russia, an autopsy was requested and approved by the court." Diehl said the coroner would perform the autopsy on Tuesday and results would be announced on Wednesday. The cause of death was unknown, he said. German media reported he had died of
natural causes.

Schockenhoff became a national figure in 2011 when he publicly acknowledged that he had an alcohol problem after crashing his car while driving under the influence. He left politics for a month for treatment. Schockenhoff was the German government's coordinator for Russia from 2006 until early 2014. Two years ago, after he authored a parliamentary report that criticised president Putin, the Russian Foreign Ministry refused to recognise him as a representative of the German government.

In an interview with Deutschlandfunk radio last month, Schockenhoff said Putin was waging "hybrid warfare" against Ukraine and the West. "Russia will only respond when pressure is applied," he said. "And Putin will only do what he's forced to do."

You seem to be very pro Russia/Putin, nothing surprising coming from a Vietnamese though. Howwver you act as if Russia is a saint, as i said, they look like a saint to you because they are farrrrr weaker today than they were before, they simply dotn have the power/capabilities to act tough globally, so they get fustrated about their lost position.lool This has nothing to do with them being the nice guys/cool. lool Give them U.S power/capabiltiies and see how they use it.:lol:

Dont worry about us my friend Niceguy, we have been living/fighting with the bear for centuries, so we know them better than you do(your relations dates back just as recently as the cold war era, and its mostly a buyer seller relationship.:D) so we know how to deal with the bear better than you all do in Asia.:big_boss: Afterall, i understand you are cheering for Russia deep down your heart, instead of the west/U.S and even Japan, since you all still have this old 'romance/love' for Moscow as they 'helped' you(just like India) during the cold war.:D

However, you all have to know that the current power struggle is just normal. since no power/country in this world who has the capabilities/infleunce/power to exert its influence wont seize the opportunity to do just that.:agree:
You seem to forget that Moscow expanded alot as well/invaded several nations to get to its current size, they even invaded much of eastern Europe(and parts of China/Japan whicht hey still hold uptill today.lol) when they had the power/capabilities to do it, China also had seeveral tributary states(from Vietnam to Korea to Malaysia/Japan) in Asia when it was still the most pwoerful country/hegemon in Asia, Mongolia did same with much of ASIA,EUROPE AND parts of RUSSIA, Japan did the same when it had the power pillaging,killing,raping,looting all over Asia, france and Britain did the same colonizing/exploiting other weaker countries during their hegemony periods,same with even Vietnam when it had a little power it also exert its influence and invaded Cambodia and Laos and tried threatened Thailand etc etc. Thats how trhe worlds works bro. jsut because the old Bear is weak today doesnt means its a saint/non interventionists.lol Far from it, they just are mad/sad that they lost all those capabilties, so they are jealous of U.S/western power/influence, many wish they had it to be honest.:enjoy::agree:
So, How many percent of EU people wanna go against Russian bear when the bear only need to control,Ukraine now ??

Do u guys know why Mr. Schockenhoff ,an anti Putin law maker, die yet ??

You seem to be very pro Russia/Putin, nothing surprising coming from a Vietnamese though. Howwver you act as if Russia is a saint, as i said, they look like a saint to you because they are farrrrr weaker today than they were before, they simply dotn have the power/capabilities to act tough globally, so they get fustrated about their lost position.lool This has nothing to do with them being the nice guys/cool. lool Give them U.S power/capabiltiies and see how they use it.:lol:
Hmmmm, something wrong here: we don't force anyone to be a tributary state. They are voluntary. It sounds ridiculous to most of you but we have tons of documents, articles and references to prove my word.

This is a silly thread. Price of _____ goes up, its an American plot. Price of _____ goes down, its an American plot. Rebels in podunkville declare independance, American plot. Peace breaks out, an American plot to bring down <poster's country>. Seriously, there are people here blaming the US for an anti-American group attacking Peshwar to get Pakistan to break ties with the US. Huh? are you guys serious? Is there anything you _don't_ think is an American plot?

PDF should just maintain an "American Plots" thread that keeps all the idiotic, contra-factual, and incompatible conspiracy theories in one place.

It's supply and demand. More supply (American shale, Canadian tar, etc), less demand (globally soft economy). Prices drop. All the more so since speculation was keeping them up as high as they were in the first place. No conspiracy, just economics. Prices will go back up if the economy improves, or if a lot of oil wells dry up (less likely).

This is a silly thread. Price of _____ goes up, its an American plot. Price of _____ goes down, its an American plot. Rebels in podunkville declare independance, American plot. Peace breaks out, an American plot to bring down <poster's country>. Seriously, there are people here blaming the US for an anti-American group attacking Peshwar to get Pakistan to break ties with the US. Huh? are you guys serious? Is there anything you _don't_ think is an American plot?

PDF should just maintain an "American Plots" thread that keeps all the idiotic, contra-factual, and incompatible conspiracy theories in one place.

It's supply and demand. More supply (American shale, Canadian tar, etc), less demand (globally soft economy). Prices drop. All the more so since speculation was keeping them up as high as they were in the first place. No conspiracy, just economics. Prices will go back up if the economy improves, or if a lot of oil wells dry up (less likely).
If US withdraw all troop from Saudi , then no one will say 'its US plot' any more.:pop:

If US withdraw all troop from Saudi , then no one will say 'its US plot' any more.:pop:
Osama bin laden had the same line of thinking. It didn't get him far.

And please explain why people would stop blaming the U.S. if they withdrew from Ssudi Arabia. I Don't follow .

Back
Top Bottom