What's new

The US-Saudi Economic Attack on Russia is a Risky Gambit

Back in NJ, I was paying $2.25 per gallon. I'm happy. Lol. 8-):smitten:

I remember soon after I moved to USA oil was 99 cents per gallon, that was in 1982-83.

there is more to this than just Russia

isn't the Chinese economy slowing down??? so they need less oil to import. you got oil shale pumping in million more of barrels of oil to go along with tar sand.

maybe the world economy is heading back to recession???

this goes deeper than you think

The sudden drop in oil prices is not because the chinese economy is slowing down, that could make an slow and very gradual decline. Its clear that Saudi Arabia wants the oil lower and its using its market power to do it.

The chinese slowdown is an slowdown in growth only; oil use is still going up, but at an slower rate.

Last edited:
I remember soon after I moved to USA oil was 99 cents per gallon, that was in 1982-83.

The sudden drop in oil prices is not because the chinese economy is slowing down, that could make an slow and very gradual decline. Its clear that Saudi Arabia wants the oil lower and its using its market power to do it.

1982-1983?!

That was like 2-3 years before I even existed...lol!

Interesting, I opened the link, this is what it says:

A German court has ordered an autopsy on a conservative member of parliament who was a prominent critic of Russia's Vladimir Putin in order to rule out any link between his death and his hard-line stance towards the Kremlin, state prosecutors said.

Andreas Schockenhoff, a deputy parliamentary floor leader for Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative party, died unexpectedly on Saturday at the age of 57. A former point-man for the German government on relations
with Russia, Schockenhoff was an outspoken proponent of tough sanctions against Russiaafter its annexation of Crimea.

"We don't know the cause of his death," Karl-Josef Diehl from the state prosecutor's office in Ravensburg told Reuters.

"In order to determine the exact cause of death and to counter all doubts and speculation, including any related to his previous work, like his role as the government's coordinator for Russia, an autopsy was requested and approved by the court." Diehl said the coroner would perform the autopsy on Tuesday and results would be announced on Wednesday. The cause of death was unknown, he said. German media reported he had died of
natural causes.

Schockenhoff became a national figure in 2011 when he publicly acknowledged that he had an alcohol problem after crashing his car while driving under the influence. He left politics for a month for treatment. Schockenhoff was the German government's coordinator for Russia from 2006 until early 2014. Two years ago, after he authored a parliamentary report that criticised president Putin, the Russian Foreign Ministry refused to recognise him as a representative of the German government.

In an interview with Deutschlandfunk radio last month, Schockenhoff said Putin was waging "hybrid warfare" against Ukraine and the West. "Russia will only respond when pressure is applied," he said. "And Putin will only do what he's forced to do."
Mr. Putin is notorious for killing the one he hate. Thats could be the lesson for other German trying to follow US's stupid idea.

I think Mr.Putin will not stop until he can fully control Ukraine coz Ukraine keep lots of Soviet tech and Russia dont want Ukraine to sell those techs to other countries like China.

I think Mr.Putin will not stop until he can fully control Ukraine coz Ukraine keep lots of Soviet tech and Russia dont want Ukraine to sell those techs to other countries like China.

Those are secondary reasons, the main reason is to not let the west take Ukraine and make it a NATO member which would be very threatening to Russia; they know very well what the US is up to.

Those are secondary reasons, the main reason is to not let the west take Ukraine and make it a NATO member which would be very threatening to Russia; they know very well what the US is up to.
Seem like Ukraine is just like Cambodia to VN, Vn need to control Camb to make sure that they wont follow China to harm VN. EU is like Thailand in 1979 , the more u get involve, the more u get urself burned.

Russia can learn how VN control Camb, we withdraw after 10 years, after successfully set up a pro-VN regime. Dont control Ukraine by their own Russia officials, just set up a pro-Russia regime and protect them at all cost.

Seem like Ukraine is just like Cambodia to VN, Vn need to control Camb to make sure that they wont follow China to harm VN. EU is like Thailand in 1979 , the more u get involve, the more u get burn.

Russia can learn how VN control Camb, we withdraw after 10 years after successfully set up a pro-VN regime. Dont control Ukraine by their own Russia officials

Well, in a way, but also much of Ukraine's people are actual Russians and they prefer to stay with Russia. We'll have to see how the situation evolves.

I suggest you be very careful playing the stock market, stocks can crush very fast in this type of climate.

Russia's Retaliation Imminent as Obama Gives Go Signal for Sanctions Risking EU Rift

The United States will push through with more sanctions over Russia as the White House confirms the president's plan to sign the new bill passed. According to reports, President Barrack Obama has signaled to sign the legislation imposing more pressure on Vladimir Putin while sending aid to Ukraine. Will the bill bring more good or the other way around?

The US president was not on board with the plans to sanction Russia more but the Congress found a way to pass the bill without so much opposition. According to The New York Times, White House press secretary Josh Earnest confirms: "The president does intend to sign the piece of legislation that was passed by Congress."

The official also adds: "But we do have some concerns about that legislation because while it preserves flexibility, it does send a confusing message to our allies because it includes some sanctions language that does not reflect the consultations that are ongoing."

The press secretary goes as far to say that Russia's problems at the moment are the country's or the president's own doing. According to Earnest: "It's a sign of the failure of Vladimir Putin's strategy to try to buck up his country."

"Right now, he and his country are isolated from the broader international community." He added.

According to Financial Times, regardless of the intentions of the legislation, signing the bill has concerned many particularly for possible European implications. The legislation can cause a rift between the US and its European allies. Although the sanctions may have limited immediate impact, they do offer groundwork to execute tougher regulations like what happened in Iran.

Russian warned previously that if the US will push for more sanctions then the country will respond. The impending sanctions threaten to affect a range of weapons companies transacting with Russia. Deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov shared with Interfax (via Newsweek) that the country "will not be able to leave this without a response." Further, Ryabkov said that the Ukraine Freedom Support Act may "destroy the carcass of cooperation" existing between Russia and the US.

According to reports, Russia is bound to act to a certain extent following the sanctions.

To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.com

If China is smart, they better give as much help to Russia as they can because if Russia goes down, China is the next target of the crazy american neocons.

china should help mother russia by offering to buy their eastern region for 500 bn dollars :D

Here is an example of Ukrainian forces that are being supported by the west, it seems like they don't mind supporting nazi groups anymore, but the separatist in the east are being called terrorists. Interesting double standard.

0aa-uk troops nazi flag.jpg

Russia will be able to weather this assault and emerge strong, and when it does, it will want revenge. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the US' shoes once that happens.
What are they going to do?

Conventional attack---- Massive retaliation by a stronger NATO

Nuclear Strike---- US SSBNs retaliate

Economic Warfare---- too weak, look at the GDP difference between US,EU and Russia

What are they going to do?

Conventional attack---- Massive retaliation by a stronger NATO

Nuclear Strike---- US SSBNs retaliate

Economic Warfare---- too weak, look at the GDP difference between US,EU and Russia

There are so many ways........ maybe some mysterious missile strikes on key Saudi oil facilities? That would do the trick.

There are so many ways........ maybe some mysterious missile strikes on key Saudi oil facilities? That would do the trick.
And then what? More sanctions because of aggression? That would spell the end of the Russian economy and credibility and for what? Trying to get back at the US? With the Saudis gone the US would just ramp up their shale oil production.

The Russians are not that stupid

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom