What's new

The unreasonable criticism on Pakistan's defense budget

Pak Defence Spending Share? | How Much Pak Spends on Defence?

@Rafi @Irfan Baloch @War Thunder @Sabretooth @ZedZeeshan @PradoTLC and @Khafee

@Horus @Dubious @AgNoStiC MuSliM @araz @airomerix @Arsalan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @BHarwana @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Dazzler @ghazi52 @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Jango @Knuckles @krash @LeGenD @Moonlight @PakSword @Side-Winder @Socra @waz @Windjammer @dbc @Aamir Hussain @Trailer23 @StormBreaker @Tipu7 @fatman17 @TaimiKhan @Zarvan @Zarmeena Rashad

@Adam_Khan @Ahmet Pasha @Akh1112 @aliyusuf @ARMalik @assasiner @Blacklight @crankthatskunk @Cookie Monster @Counter-Errorist @Dil Pakistan @Falcon26 @Flight of falcon @FuturePAF @graphican @GriffinsRule @Gryphon @GumNaam @Haris Ali2140 @HRK @Hakikat ve Hikmet @HawkEye27 @I S I @Khanivore @khansaheeb @khanasifm @Liquidmetal @loanranger @Maxpane @Mirage Battle Commander @Microsoft @mingle @Mrc @mshan44 @Muhammad Omar @NA71 @Nasr @notorious_eagle @Pakhtoon yum @PAKISTANFOREVER @PakShaheen79 @Path-Finder @PDFChamp @PWFI @Rafi @Reichsmarschall @Riz @Safriz @seven0seven @Shane @Signalian @Starlord @Stealth @StormBreaker @Super Falcon @syed Hammad Ahmed @TF141 @The Accountant @TheTallGuy @Tank131 @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Tps43 @TsAr @Trango Towers @undercover JIX @Verve @Vortex @ziaulislam @Zulfiqar @cabatli_53 @Foxtrot Alpha

I spent about 12 hours in data collection, scriptwriting and editing, and kept it short intentionally, I would request every member here to please watch and listen to this video till the end do play your part in defending false propaganda of our enemy within & outside.

@Horus @Dubious @AgNoStiC MuSliM @araz @airomerix @Arsalan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @BHarwana @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Dazzler @ghazi52 @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Jango @Knuckles @krash @LeGenD @Moonlight @PakSword @Side-Winder @Socra @waz @Windjammer @dbc @Aamir Hussain @Trailer23 @StormBreaker @Tipu7 @fatman17 @TaimiKhan @Zarvan @Zarmeena Rashad

@Adam_Khan @Ahmet Pasha @Akh1112 @aliyusuf @ARMalik @assasiner @Blacklight @crankthatskunk @Cookie Monster @Counter-Errorist @Dil Pakistan @Falcon26 @Flight of falcon @FuturePAF @graphican @GriffinsRule @Gryphon @GumNaam @Haris Ali2140 @HRK @Hakikat ve Hikmet @HawkEye27 @I S I @Khanivore @khansaheeb @khanasifm @Liquidmetal @loanranger @Maxpane @Mirage Battle Commander @Microsoft @mingle @Mrc @mshan44 @Muhammad Omar @NA71 @Nasr @notorious_eagle @Pakhtoon yum @PAKISTANFOREVER @PakShaheen79 @Path-Finder @PDFChamp @PWFI @Rafi @Reichsmarschall @Riz @Safriz @seven0seven @Shane @Signalian @Starlord @Stealth @StormBreaker @Super Falcon @syed Hammad Ahmed @TF141 @The Accountant @TheTallGuy @Tank131 @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Tps43 @TsAr @Trango Towers @undercover JIX @Verve @Vortex @ziaulislam @Zulfiqar @cabatli_53 @Foxtrot Alpha

I spent about 12 hours in data collection, scriptwriting and editing, and kept it short intentionally, I would request every member here to please watch and listen to this video till the end do play your part in defending false propaganda of our enemy within & outside.
Will watch once free,
Regards

LOL Indian logic:

India a top spender and buyer of military hardware. Huge military budget to be used against China and Pakistan. Super wise and a superpower strategy. Hundreds and millions of Indian poor sleep on streets and cannot afford a meal. Yet, what a great wisdom.

Pakistan in comparison a peanuts, but highly effective budget to thwart Indian misadventures. Bad idea. Terrible idea. A waste of money.

Last edited:
Ever since the budget has been announced in the parliament and some news channels have compared the figures of defense spending with that of education budget in a twisted fashion, a good portion of Pakistan's netizens have started to criticize the defence budget. I am writing few lines in order to bring up some valid arguments which I hope will help in rectification of certain misunderstandings.

The size of Defence Budget primarily depends upon two factors,

1: The acuteness of threat environment
2: The economic capacity of state

Pakistan being one of major hot spots of power struggle has to deal with multitude of threats. These threats primarily exists due to arch rivalry with India which has hegemonic intentions and seeks to suppress all its neighbors. Despite of suffering economic decline, India is still expanding its defence budget (currently $65.86 Billion) and is currently among top weapons purchaser in the World.

The security requirements of Pakistan dictates a minimum budget requirement of approximately $20 Billion. However due to poor economic support, Pakistan is restricted to spend below $8 Billion on its defense and has to comprehensively revise its defence planning process to accommodate the security requirements with in figures much lower than requisite benchmark. By keeping economic conditions into account, armed forces voluntarily requested not to increase the defense budget in year 2019-20.

The Military's requirement for Defence Budget in year 2020-21 was $9.08 Billion. However, again, after mutual understanding with GoP, the budget was reduced to mere $7.83 Billion.

The increment in Defence Budget is mere $260 Million instead of initially planned $1250 Million. The reduction will cost several important projects, many of which will either face delays while rest may suffer cancellation. And when ever a project is cancelled, it creates a void in capability which might be exploited by enemy in peace and war alike and can cause damage beyond comprehension.

The criticism on defence budget should be steered towards the debt payments which are consuming roughly 45% of National budget and have ruined the national economic growth. How Pakistan ended up in such debts? It's a matter of separate debate.

For sustainment of regional balance of power, maintaining minimum military capacity (which we are barely doing) is crucial. A major decline in defensive capabilities will collapse the deterrence and will lead to Indo Pak conflict. Henceforth, defence spending, either any idealistic person agrees or not, is crucial for thwarting wars and keeping the state intact so that other institutes can work within a well defined system within frame of National law & order.

Shown below is rough comparison of Indo-Pak net defence budgets in past three years. (pensions excluded)

Via #Tipu7

View attachment 641617

IF YOU DONT FEED YOUR OWN ARMY

SOME ELSE WILL BE FEEDING IT

. .. no escape from it!

Ever since the budget has been announced in the parliament and some news channels have compared the figures of defense spending with that of education budget in a twisted fashion, a good portion of Pakistan's netizens have started to criticize the defence budget. I am writing few lines in order to bring up some valid arguments which I hope will help in rectification of certain misunderstandings.

The size of Defence Budget primarily depends upon two factors,

1: The acuteness of threat environment
2: The economic capacity of state

Pakistan being one of major hot spots of power struggle has to deal with multitude of threats. These threats primarily exists due to arch rivalry with India which has hegemonic intentions and seeks to suppress all its neighbors. Despite of suffering economic decline, India is still expanding its defence budget (currently $65.86 Billion) and is currently among top weapons purchaser in the World.

The security requirements of Pakistan dictates a minimum budget requirement of approximately $20 Billion. However due to poor economic support, Pakistan is restricted to spend below $8 Billion on its defense and has to comprehensively revise its defence planning process to accommodate the security requirements with in figures much lower than requisite benchmark. By keeping economic conditions into account, armed forces voluntarily requested not to increase the defense budget in year 2019-20.

The Military's requirement for Defence Budget in year 2020-21 was $9.08 Billion. However, again, after mutual understanding with GoP, the budget was reduced to mere $7.83 Billion.

The increment in Defence Budget is mere $260 Million instead of initially planned $1250 Million. The reduction will cost several important projects, many of which will either face delays while rest may suffer cancellation. And when ever a project is cancelled, it creates a void in capability which might be exploited by enemy in peace and war alike and can cause damage beyond comprehension.

The criticism on defence budget should be steered towards the debt payments which are consuming roughly 45% of National budget and have ruined the national economic growth. How Pakistan ended up in such debts? It's a matter of separate debate.

For sustainment of regional balance of power, maintaining minimum military capacity (which we are barely doing) is crucial. A major decline in defensive capabilities will collapse the deterrence and will lead to Indo Pak conflict. Henceforth, defence spending, either any idealistic person agrees or not, is crucial for thwarting wars and keeping the state intact so that other institutes can work within a well defined system within frame of National law & order.

Shown below is rough comparison of Indo-Pak net defence budgets in past three years. (pensions excluded)

Via #Tipu7

View attachment 641617

Forget about our enemy India for a moment. Forget about the RSS trolls on PDF for a moment.

What does the propaganda reveal about a certain portion of Pak media? What does the propaganda say about the Pakistanis who are criticising the military budget? Everyone knows that the budget is absolutely peanuts compared to many militaries in the world. Yet, this hysteria serves a purpose to malign the Pak army.

My advice is to let the malicious elements cry rivers. By all means debunk the malicious propaganda, but don't waste any time in giving them too much importance. You can never satisfy nor appease them.

The Americans and Western nations have been criticising Pak army budget for decades. This is nothing new. India gets a free pass. We all understand why there is a double standard.

I spent about 12 hours in data collection, scriptwriting and editing, and kept it short intentionally, I would request every member here to please watch and listen to this video till the end do play your part in defending false propaganda of our enemy within & outside.[/QUOTE]

From where you collected this data? You said Education budget is 1,000 Arab Rs while defense is 1,100 Arab, Really?

Can you please add your sources and bibliography so we can verify this information.

IF YOU DONT FEED YOUR OWN ARMY

SOME ELSE WILL BE FEEDING IT

. .. no escape from it!

Let's face it. This happened not so long ago when the Americans were trying to dictate the terms. We allowed Americans access to drone bases in Balochistan. This sounds ridiculous today, but these are the facts.

To be self-sufficient you cannot provide enough funds to security and armed forces. This is absolutely peanuts.

From where you collected this data? You said Education budget is 1,000 Arab Rs while defense is 1,100 Arab, Really?

Can you please add your sources and bibliography so we can verify this information.[/QUOTE]

Dear, The data is of Last Year (2019-20) and Accumulative of Provinces+Federal (Which was 947 Billion PKR) as I did mention the reason. This Year's Provincial Budget Yet to be announced. Furthermore, I have collected the data from different Govt. Data sources plus newspapers of last year regarding this news (Dawn, ARY, The News etc.)
Plus I verified from statisticians in my personal contact.

Pakistans defense budget is absolutely fine and there is problem with it. The only problem are these foreign funded bloody liberals who are barking for the highest bidder.

I am proud of you.

Back
Top Bottom