What's new

The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lool You have no idea about what you are talking about. Our skills, tech, influence, military power etc has never been dependent/because of the E.UU, its because of our own strengths./knowledge.:coffee: We have been a world power way before we joined the E.U in the 70s, we will keep being one even if we are out if the E.U:pop:

These out-busts prove how much the EU will lose by the UK leaving.

They had many chances to reform the EU but never took them.:disagree:

Scots have already voted in 2014 to say that they are not interested in independence any cost.

By leaving the UK, Scottish living standards will go down to the level of Spain.

There will be cuts across the board like no more free university education, health, pensions you name it.
what scots will vote is different thing.. I doubt most of them share the enthusiasm of SNP.. but a lot depends on how campaign is run.. in worst case scots will vote 'out' just out of spite towards English than love for french.(or EU)

Don't forget that with the fall in oil prices that Nicola Sturgeon knows that the Scottish cannot afford to go independent anymore. She just said what she had to say.

Scotland is now almost £15 billion in the red and its deficit is almost twice as large as the UK as a whole
, according to newly-published official figures, which also dealt a severe blow to one of the key arguments advanced by the SNP in favour of independence.

The figures, which highlight the effect of falling North Sea oil revenues on Scotland’s finances, show that Scotland’s deficit reached £14.9bn in 2014/15, up from £13.4bn in the previous financial year. The figure amounts to 9.7 per cent of Scottish GDP, compared with the overall UK deficit of 4.9 per cent of GDP.

Scotland raised around £10,000 in tax per person – a figure described as “slightly below” the UK average – and spent £12,800 per person, around £1,400 more than the UK as a whole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-large-as-the-uk-as-a-whole-say-a6921381.html

I haven't even factored in Scotland's share of the national debt!!!!

Lool You have no idea about what you are talking about. Our skills, tech, influence, military power etc has never been dependent/because of the E.U, its because of our own strengths/skills/knowledge.:coffee:
We have been a world power way before we reluctantly joined the E.U in the mid 70s, we will keep being one even if we are out of the E.U:pop:

The UK has more cultural/soft power than the whole of the EU combined.

UK just does not need EU - it is the other way round.

These out-busts prove how much the EU will lose by the UK leaving.

They had many chances to reform the EU but never took them.:disagree:

As I said before, Europe has fallen into a state of complacency, this can be seen in the way they handle their defence, the migration crisis, impose laws that are not suitable for different E.U countries etc and worse still they refuse to reform at all, despite all the pressure our leaders placed on them these past decades. They have only themselves to blame for current situation.

That french guy is living in a dream land. Reminds me of our far left. :lol:
He is comparing our referundum to a referendum carried out by a foreign power at gun point in another country's territory against that legitimate governments will.. Old boyyyyy......I have seen it all on PDF. :rofl:

I will like to see Russian tanks rolling in corsica and carry out a legitimate referendum against the French central government will obviously.
We will all have to deal with it. :D
Pfff! I'm not even left . So now its an ad personam attack ? Is that the only kind of argument you have ? I think that you have a low opinion of democracy as you accept it only when you like the result.

FYI separatism in Corsica is rising (around 35% last election) and if one day they want to separate from us then yes we'll have to accept it.

EDIT: waz quote err

This is turning into a messy affair.
It reminds me of George Friedman's prediction:

ClpUTCKVAAArefN.jpg:large

George Friedman is an excellent political analyst. :agree:

Pfff! I'm not even left . So now its an ad personam attack ? Is that the only kind of argument you have ? I think that you have a low opinion of democracy as you accept it only when you like the result.

FYI separatism in Corsica is rising (around 35% last election) and if one day they want to separate from us then yes we'll have to accept it.

What on earth are you going on about? Was I talking to you? We were more than willing to accept the referendum result. I have no idea why you seem so bitter.

Can we please have such news posted in the official referendum thread.

EDIT: waz quote err

Nope, you don't have to wait until the large majority of corsicans rise up again to demand for another independence to carry out the referendum. Russia/Putin can help you out do it earlier.......huh......luckily for you, you are not in eastern Europe close to them so it will be hard for their military to help carry out such a legitimate referendum.:rolleyes:

Nope, you don't have to wait until the large majority of corsicans rise up again to demand for another independence to carry out the referendum. Russia/Putin can help you out do it earlier.......huh......luckily for you, you are not in eastern Europe close to them so it will be hard for their military to help carry out such a legitimate referendum.:rolleyes:

Lol.

Back
Top Bottom