What's new

The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There you go folks, our European friends for you lol.
Most don't share your opinions anyway.
We will get a deal and I'll come back to your posts.....

You shouldn't have had the right to vote 'cause you're not a real Brit ! :tsk:

You don't eat Haggis, you don't like battered fish and chips, you can't stand Yorkshire pudding and you think that Gin & Tonic is the name of some cough syrup ! :o:

I'm very calm,amazed at British stupidity but calm.The EU will make an example of the UK because they need to do this to survive.

It's not stupidity, it's demoracy. Stop abusing a country that has given so much to your own people i.e. work and a decent standard of living!

There you go folks, our European friends for you lol.
Most don't share your opinions anyway.
We will get a deal and I'll come back to your posts.....

They are mainly upset that they are going to lose the free ride that they have had from the UK taxpayer, and the ability to turn up at a moment's notice and work in the most dynamic economy in the EU.

Currently UK pays a little less than Germany into EU - 10 billion pounds net for UK and 12 billion pounds net for Germany. If the projected GDP growth rates for UK and Germany hold true, then by 2020 UK will be paying in as much as Germany.

I 100% do get it, it's just you can't accept the result and it's high time you do.

There are no guarantee the Scots will go independent. There already jitters there about what has happened and with SNP harping on about an independence is making them fear greatly for their future.
The 350 million was a lie according to who? The Farage comment was his, he wasn't part of this campaign and ran his own.

How do you know free trade deals will take years? The South Koreans are already asking for one. EU red tape and it's need to protect uncompetitive economies, hampered them, that's not the same for the UK.
There will be short term uncertainly on the markets, that was accepted and now we are seeing stabilisation and the next step is recovery.

We don't need a United States of Europe and I find the idea of that sickening, as does the majority of the country, including many on the remain side.

Lot's of people are regretting it? No they're not, the mood is of jubilation and excitement for the future. The only regrets are from the remain camp, who thought that London spoke for the rest of the country.
lets see who gets it.

the scots will go independant they only just remained. now the snp cover the best part of all of scotland and want to leave the uk. nicola is quiet good with the labour government and the london mayor. but she hates the tories. and also the before the scotish referendum we didn't give a sh!t about them but when they want to leave............ dont leave us, better together. and once they remained they got a few goodies and thats it.

the stock market will bounce back up..... i know that, but what about the value of the stirling?

also this is not 1910 when we had the empire those days are over 100 years ago. we face large millitary and economic threats from asia and we need to be able to deal with it.
united states of europe baby. but i would like us to keep the stirling though .

On a side note - UK being in or out of the EU is not the end of the world and it was surprising to see the doom and gloom scenarios that the 'remain' campaigners were whipping up while the 'leave' kept giving the impression that this would be the best thing that could ever happen to Britain.

Exaggerations, fear mongering, utter confusion and a whole of things said in bad taste, were the hallmark of this referendum !

I 100% do get it, it's just you can't accept the result and it's high time you do.

There are no guarantee the Scots will go independent. There already jitters there about what has happened and with SNP harping on about an independence is making them fear greatly for their future.
The 350 million was a lie according to who? The Farage comment was his, he wasn't part of this campaign and ran his own.
How do you know free trade deals will take years? The South Koreans are already asking for one. EU red tape and it's need to protect uncompetitive economies, hampered them, that's not the same for the UK.
There will be short term uncertainly on the markets, that was accepted and now we are seeing stabilisation and the next step is recovery.
We don't need a United States of Europe and I find the idea of that sickening, as does the majority of the country, including many on the remain side.
Lot's of people are regretting it? No they're not, the mood is of jubilation and excitement for the future. The only regrets are from the remain camp, who thought that London spoke for the rest of the country.

Don't forget the debts they owe, Royal Bank of Scotland anyone?
This is what Scottish main political figures/parties have been saying:

Opposition leaders at Holyrood - who all backed Remain ahead of the referendum - shared Ms Sturgeon's disappointment at the result.
But both Ruth Davidson of the Conservatives and Scottish Labour's Kezia Dugdale said it did not justify holding another independence referendum.
Ms Davidson said an independence vote would not help the country achieve stability, and was not in the best interests of the people of Scotland.
She added: "The 1.6 million votes cast in this referendum in favour of remain do not wipe away the two million votes that we cast less than two years ago.
"And we do not address the challenges of leaving the European Union by leaving our own Union of nations, our biggest market and our closest friends.:agree:
"I believe in Scotland's place within the United Kingdom today as much as ever."

Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale said fundamental questions asked during the independence campaign, such as those over currency, remained unanswered.

"Labour's manifesto ruled out a second referendum in the lifetime of this Parliament - we won't be changing our minds any time soon," she added.

None of this will change with BREXIT.

The UK will be forced to open market just as norway and switzerland and allow evry EU citizen into it and working permits as well.

Beside that its obvious that the UK breaks apart from this. Scotland wants to remain in the EU with overwhelming numbers. Scotland wont allow to be led into isolation

Everything changes chap. Just keep on watching.

Opposition leaders at Holyrood - who all backed Remain ahead of the referendum - shared Ms Sturgeon's disappointment at the result.
But both Ruth Davidson of the Conservatives and Scottish Labour's Kezia Dugdale said it did not justify holding another independence referendum.
Ms Davidson said an independence vote would not help the country achieve stability, and was not in the best interests of the people of Scotland.
She added: "The 1.6 million votes cast in this referendum in favour of remain do not wipe away the two million votes that we cast less than two years ago.
"And we do not address the challenges of leaving the European Union by leaving our own Union of nations, our biggest market and our closest friends.:agree:
"I believe in Scotland's place within the United Kingdom today as much as ever."

Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale said fundamental questions asked during the independence campaign, such as those over currency, remained unanswered.

"Labour's manifesto ruled out a second referendum in the lifetime of this Parliament - we won't be changing our minds any time soon," she added.

Davidson is a beast! Even though she was for remain she has been the main driving force behind reducing the SNP to a non-majority in the Scotish parliament.

Yes...yes, Mikey we want an Independent Scotland; finally the dreams of Mel Gibson...I mean...William Wallace will be realized ! :agree:

Haggis as the National Dish, Rugby as the National Sport and the Scottish Kilt as the National Dress - I am so emotional right now ! :cray:

They are mainly upset that they are going to lose the free ride that they have had from the UK taxpayer, and the ability to turn up at a moment's notice and work in the most dynamic economy in the EU.

Currently UK pays a little less than Germany into EU - 10 billion pounds net for UK and 12 billion pounds net for Germany. If the projected GDP growth rates for UK and Germany hold true, then by 2020 UK will be paying in as much as Germany.

Their tears are just bringing smiles to me.

You are not going anywhere without there approval. We live in the 21st century. You dont follow the rules then you are out.

Also with all honesty you arent europe and never where. You are americas colony sadly said but Blair sold you out.

We wil do as we please. The EU is becoming more irrelevant with each day. You can hear the calls of referendums already erupting from various parts of the EU.

It wont works like this amigo.

The UK is out and never really was in. I visited UK and its an alien culture and not european in any way.

Simple fact is that your people will propably need visa to get entry into italy.

You forget one thing. You say the terms will be different. They will but in our way of interest. Now we can push our conditions on the UK.

The fact remains that thousands of young Italians are leaving Italy for jobs here in the UK. Your youth unemployment rate is at 36%!!!!!!!!!!You are in no position to dictate to us!

Your country needs our tourist money, so go ahead put those visas. Just remember how many Italians are here. Our folks will just holiday in Norway or other countries.

@waz

UK 's only problem with EU was about Migration

That could have been solved without leaving EU

The economic and trade benefits that accrued to UK
were more by remaining in EU than coming out of it

@waz

UK 's only problem with EU was about Migration

That could have been solved without leaving EU

The economic and trade benefits that accrued to UK
were more by remaining in EU than coming out of it

It was about sovereignty.
States are doing just fine outside the EU as well.

I dont love the UK. I love Scotland. Visited the Isle of Skye and it was amazing. I had to cross england though to get there and that part was rather disgusting.

Emotions arent running high. I see this as good for europe. The UK was americas poodle that pressed europe down. Now we get rid of them and can be free.

We got rid of you lol. We'll also take our money back.

We play no role or have no influence in the WORLD?? Even more so, Coming from an Italian ?? JOKE OF THE CENTURY.:rofl:
Why are you speaking English in the first place? Ask yourself why. Lool

Don't forget they can't provide jobs for their kids. Oh do you feel their power lmao!

If we are a military dwarf as you claim, what is Italy?
0119b809fd06c87d63898e31951edb94.png

Italy itself spends just about as much as Iraq on its military:lol:, Germany doesnt want to even hear about anything military even less so deployments/fighting a war overseas, this leaves only France as the country who will carry everything on its shoulders. How can this European Army function with such 'committed' countries?lol:rofl:. Good luck with that though. :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have thrown a barely recovering European economy into chaos out of sheer stupidity.You deserve the worst and I hope you'll get it.The financial establishment in Frankfurt are overjoyed at taking the the money pie away from London.I hope Scotland and N Ireland brake free and never hear about the UK again

Your hate makes us stronger.
Lol finance going to Frankfurt, even though they ran from mainland Europe due to the crippling legislation they kept on passing on the finance industry.
N.Ireland is going no where, the unionists will see to that. Apart from the nationalists, no wants another referendum in Scotland.
You wil hear about us with even greater vigour. Don't wish ill upon us dear chap, worry about your own country.

The EU has no choice but to negotiate a favorable treaty with the UK, to ensure that trade flows remain smooth.

http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

View attachment 313255

$420bn of imports from Europe, with Germany alone accounting for $100bn. Everyone who thinks that the EU will engage in a spiteful act of "punishment" is engaged in self-delusion, because the EU would only destroy its own economy. After everyone has time to cool their heads, a calm and measured discussion will take place.

Excellent post bro. Plain facts.

Back
Top Bottom