What's new

The truth of 1971 by Sheikh Haseena Wajid

I believe the source quoted in the article is Sheikh Hasina, the only survivor of Sheikh Mujib's immediate family. As yous have casted your votes and patted the back, let me ask you , do you believe in what was said in just a public address before you were born or what the history is revealing to you today. And that too from the Horse's mouth. :disagree:

I already summarize everything in that post. What Hasina quoted, could be true as there were discussion in all spheres of society regarding 6 point, autonomy or separation. Mujib at the helm of everything could had discussed things around even long before 1971 and which was very natural.

Didnt Jinnah discussed Neheru and Gandhi regarding unified India while keeping Pakistan Idea as a second option?

Winjammer the author is Ahmed Qureshi who is well known for India bashing and twisting the news for suiting his India bashing theories..the credibility of the link you gave us ends there..then there was a nice little post by iajdani which you convinently ignored..he share the Bangladeshi POV..

and also let me ask you Windjammer..is it true that Sheikh Mujib was not allowed to become PM after he got majority in elections?who is to blame for that??Pakistan govt or Indian??Is it your government who made mistake of opression Bengali muslims and done all kind of aristocracies up on them,which started all these separate country demand among Bengal muslims?so is it India or your country who is mainly responsible for breaking your country??

Windjammer might disagree but I have to agree completely on Ahmed Quraishi, His arguments are intellectually disabled, void of any factual claims and based on conspiracy theories and myopic views only. (disregarding the faux accent in which he hosts his shows)

As I said earlier, the people of West Pakistan share quite a lot of blame but India isn't a holy cow here. Infact, I have never been convinced by any book written by Bangladehis as well as to why they chose to train in camps operated by the IA.

India did not have absolutely any justification for training the mukti bahini and neither did it have any justification of launching a charge on the eastern frontier. Trying to break off the eastern arm is the sole purpose and reason that is visible to me.

Justifications from Indian authors and friends have never convinced me in this regard. I'm open to debate and looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the rationale behind attacking East Pakistan.

Windjammer might disagree but I have to agree completely on Ahmed Quraishi, His arguments are intellectually disabled, void of any factual claims and based on conspiracy theories and myopic views only. (disregarding the faux accent in which he hosts his shows)

As I said earlier, the people of West Pakistan share quite a lot of blame but India isn't a holy cow here. Infact, I have never been convinced by any book written by Bangladehis as well as to why they chose to train in camps operated by the IA.

India did not have absolutely any justification for training the mukti bahini and neither did it have any justification of launching a charge on the eastern frontier. Trying to break off the eastern arm is the sole purpose and reason that is visible to me.

Justifications from Indian authors and friends have never convinced me in this regard. I'm open to debate and looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the rationale behind attacking East Pakistan.

Sir I too agree with India is not holy cow..with the tensions between us if there is a chinks in the Armour of the enemy we will not hesitate to attack there..It was Pakistan who give a perfect opportunity to India to destabilize your country and we made full use of it..we both are not saints here mate..we do all in our power to destabilize each other at any cost..

But as for justification of Indian action i can always point out the flow of migrants from Bangladesh to India..which India cannot afford at any cost because we as a nation was not economically sound at that time as of today..so supporting such huge migrants was not possible .. and also there was always a good old reason of every war..humanitarian help :)

You probably forgot the Hindu Factors and then Bengali factors were in work at that time. It was only 22 years E. Pakistani Bengali separated from Indian Bengali and still had close ties with them. Indian Bengalis extended unconditional support to their Begali brothers in E. Pakistan that time.

Actually an indian general (Manekshaw) claimed in a book that 80,000 hindus were the Mukhti Bahani and they killed and raped bengalis to defame PA.

Mujeeb’s daughter admits her father was a traitor, says Indian helped him raise an Indian-backed terror militia that raped and plundered in order to malign Pakistan Army

India’s advocates in Washington and London have argued for years that Pakistan is the source of tension with India. They conveniently forget where it all started: the unilateral and unprovoked and premeditated Indian invasion of Pakistan in 1971, preceded by careful planning over two years to recruit a terror militia and spread violence and mayhem to engage local Pakistan Army units in East Pakistan, paving the way for a direct Indian military invasion, which was a one-sided violation of international law. India is an aggressor in the South Asia region. Pakistan’s policymakers are right in demanding a mindset change in New Delhi for peace to prevail. [PakNationalists-Editorial]

By Monjurul Hassan

The Daily Mail of Pakistan

Thursday, 11 March 2010.

WWW.PAKNATIONALISTS.COM

DHAKA, Bangladesh—For the past 39 years politicians and the ’Blame Pakistan first’ crowd have blamed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto for saying “Humm iddhar tum uddhar” (a quote attributed to Mr. Bhutto that means, ‘You stay there and we stay here, a quote which has since been refuted as bogus), and blamed the Pakistan Army for the attack on the Indian-backed Mukti Bahni terrorists on March 23 as the reason for the creation of Bangladesh.

Ms. Hasina Mujib the daughter of former East Pakistan politician Sheikh Mujib Ur Rehman has now confessed that her father Sheikh Mujib had planned to secede from Pakistan in 1969–two years before the March 23 ‘military action’ against Indian saboteurs and their misguided supporters among disgruntled East Pakistanis.

General Mankeshaw wrote a book in which has claimed that he recruited 80,000 Hindus to create the Mukti Bahni. These terrorists were dressed up in Pakistan Army uniform and raped and pillaged Pakistani Bengalis. They also were dressed up as civilians carrying out acts of sabotage against the civil and military government of Pakistan.

Sheikh Hasina Mujib’s confession [See report below] sheds new light on the events of March 23, 1971, because it proves that the Agartala Conspiracy was a real conspiracy sponsored by India against Pakistan and that the then President of Pakistan Ayub Khan had rightly described Sheikh Mujib Ur Rehman as a traitor.

After breaking up Pakistan and declaring independence thanks to direct Indian military intervention, the Indian-backed Mujib regime killed more than 30 thousand Pakistani Bengali patriots who opposed Indian takeover. Mr. Mujib’s first actions were to surrender the natural resources of Bangladesh to India. This includes water. These actions by the pro-Indian regime caused the man-made famine of 1974, in which three to five hundred thousand people perished, according to reports.

Mujib suppressed all democratic rights and unleashed a reign of terror. His main concern was to contain a population that was just waking up from the disaster and did not accept the breakup of Pakistan. In the above circumstances, according to some, Bangladesh faced extinction as an independent nation and was about to become a vassal state of Indian hegemonists.

The coup of 15 August 1975 saved the situation to a large extent and it was widely supported by the people. On August 14, 1975, Bangladeshi nationalists buried secularism deep into the Bay of Bengal. Today Bangladesh faces new threats from India. After failing to take over Bangladesh in real terms, India is forcing a transit policy on a defenseless Bangladesh. The transit facilities that India is demanding would clog existing Bangladeshi road links and pose a security threat to Bangladesh.

PLANNED INDIAN AGGRESSION AGAINST Pakistan

Bangladesh’s founding leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman had made detailed plans for secession from Pakistan during a stay in London in 1969, his daughter and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said.

Sheikh Mujib discussed his plans at a meeting held a few months after his release from prison following a prolonged trial in the Agartala conspiracy case in which then Pakistan government had brought sedition charges against him and 34 others, Hasina told a meeting Sunday.

They were charged with conspiring to separate from the then East Pakistan with help from neighbor India. Agartala is the capital of Tripura state in northeastern India. Political analysts say her disclosure, reinforced by the claim of her own presence at the meeting, could be a scoring point in the ongoing debate on who actually declared the country’s independence, or separation from Pakistan.

Mujib’s role is disputed by opposition leader Khaleda Zia. Zia’s supporters claim that it was her husband and then Pakistan Army major Ziaur Rahman who had first broadcast a freedom speech.

Referring to this debate, Hasina urged all to go through the reports of intelligence agencies and foreign ministries of different countries. Mujib, who became Bangladesh’s president, was assassinated in August 1975. Ziaur Rahman, who became the army chief and later the president, was assassinated in 1981. Siffy News. Mujib planned separation from Pakistan in 1969.

Sheikh Mujib met an ignominious end on 14th August 1975, when Bharati conspiracies to absorb Bangladesh into Bharat were buried deep into the Bay of Bengal. On that day Bengali patriots killed the traitor who had declared himself “dactator for life” and banned all Bangladeshi political parties.

Bengali patriots killed Shaikh Mujib who was seen as an Indian agent and a sell out to Delhi. Bangaldeshis revolted against the Indian imposed “Rakhi Bahni” (run by a sitting Indian General) and rose against the so called “Treaty of Friendhsip” whose aim was to absorb Bengal into India. Shaikh Mujib’s body lay in the streets of days. It was Awami League of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman that mortgaged the national independence and state sovereignty signing the 25 years long-term unequal treaty with India. By creating Rakkhi Bahini, Lal Bahini, Sheccha Shebok Bahini and other private Bahinis AWAMI-BKSALISTS unleashed an unbearable reign of terror killing 40000 nationalists and patriotic people with out any trial. Ishaan Tharoor in an article in Time magazine published on Nov. 20, 2009 “To outsiders, this celebration of a justice [death penalty for mutiny against Mujib) long deferred may seem a bit too rapturous. But it cuts at the heart of the political traumas that have plagued Bangladesh since its bloody independence from Pakistan in 1971. Mujib had been President of the new country for just four years before a coup hatched by disgruntled military officers, some of whom harbored Islamist or pro-Pakistani sentiments, led to his assassination and the installation of a military government. Since then, Bangladesh has endured a succession of army-run regimes, as well as a period of dysfunctional democratic rule marred by corruption and partisan bickering.

Actually an indian general (Manekshaw) claimed in a book that 80,000 hindus were the Mukhti Bahani and they killed and raped bengalis to defame PA.

SMC i would love to see a link of that book or name of it..its just another ridiculous article..

Sir I too agree with India is not holy cow..with the tensions between us if there is a chinks in the Armour of the enemy we will not hesitate to attack there..It was Pakistan who give a perfect opportunity to India to destabilize your country and we made full use of it..we both are not saints here mate..we do all in our power to destabilize each other at any cost..
Given an opportunity to kill somebody you hate cannot justify killing him.

But as for justification of Indian action i can always point out the flow of migrants from Bangladesh to India..which India cannot afford at any cost because we as a nation was not economically sound at that time as of today..so supporting such huge migrants was not possible .. and also there was always a good old reason of every war..humanitarian help :)

As I said in my first post, I find the argument about the immigrant inflow to be lame and it is not a valid justification for provoking a war.

Here is the scenario for all to judge and conclude.
Sheikh Mujib's ,AML, the major political party in East Pakistan, which incidentally was the the most populous of the two wings wins outright, he's invited to form a government in Islamabad, which happens to be in West Pakistan, but he's adamant to shift all brick and motor to Dacca in East Pakistan, including the capital, state bank and Naval HQ. If East Pakistan was part of my country, why didn't Sheikh also saw West as his home. Even if it's agreed to shift all to Dacca, what about the next elections, say a party wins from the West, and then they want all moved back to Islamabad, Karachi or Lahore, hence we end up playing musical chairs with the country's set up. I mean how would you guys feel if your PM wants to shift all to Punjab and the next one to Madras and so on..... The sound of distant drums is sweet to the ears, but not when they are beating close to your head.!!!

You probably forgot the Hindu Factors and then Bengali factors were in work at that time. It was only 22 years E. Pakistani Bengali separated from Indian Bengali and still had close ties with them. Indian Bengalis extended unconditional support to their Begali brothers in E. Pakistan that time.

Working the the devil (even if your brother is the devil) is not the right thing to do. Even though I find the actions of many mukti bahinis despicable, inhumane and saddening; I can understand why the people who took up arms but I cannot sympathize with them.

You can argue that is based on a myopic viewpoint hat I've been inculcated with but my love for my country is far too deep to sympathize with armed rebels who are willing to collaborate with the enemy.

Nonetheless, Pakistan Zindabad and Joy Bangla !

Whatever conspiracy it may be. I don't understan what India gained from it. We just liberated bangladesh apart from I don't see any benefit to India. Can anyone tell me about indian gain?

India should have solved P O K and all other dispute with pakistan after winning the war.

The source you have quoted is subject to a lot of debate already.
Forget the rest. Can you give a simple answer, why Mujb was not allowed to form a Govt. despite his fair election victory? Was that not injustice to E. Pakistan which was represented by Mujib? anyways all the points have been covered i suggest you read the posted arguments.

Last edited:
Whatever conspiracy it may be. I don't understan what India gained from it. We just liberated bangladesh apart from I don't see any benefit to India. Can anyone tell me about indian gain?

India should have solved P O K and all other dispute with pakistan after winning the war.

bro, no offence but you are going off topic.

Given an opportunity to kill somebody you hate cannot justify killing him.
Unfortunately it doesn't applied to both our countries sir..Pakistan also do harm to India when ever they get the chance..Kargil is just an example..as i said no body is saint here

As I said in my first post, I find the argument about the immigrant inflow to be lame and it is not a valid justification for provoking a war.

why is it lame??about 8-10 million Bangladeshis migrates to India at that time?you think we can provide them food and shelter all the time..these people had to send them back home..and if they were send back at that time under Pakistan rule..they are as much good as dead and also it was Pakistan who started the war on December 3, 1971 pre-emptive strike on 11 Indian airbases ..it give another opportunity for India to enter East Pakistan..

Last edited:
Working the the devil (even if your brother is the devil) is not the right thing to do. Even though I find the actions of many mukti bahinis despicable, inhumane and saddening; I can understand why the people who took up arms but I cannot sympathize with them.

You can argue that is based on a myopic viewpoint hat I've been inculcated with but my love for my country is far too deep to sympathize with armed rebels who are willing to collaborate with the enemy.

Nonetheless, Pakistan Zindabad and Joy Bangla !

Well I would not support any Muktis before 25th of March 1971. But since 26th of March it was only two parties Bangladesh and Pakistan and were in a war. I am not sure whehter you are aware of it or not that BD army, Navy, and airforce were formed long before 16th of Decembre. If any excesses were done by Muktis or any other organs from our side must be despicable and we do respect any good heart Pakistani soldiers fell in the battle. But facts remained that PK soldiers started a planned genocide with collaboration with some derailed Bengali Islamist Parties and continued till decembre including targetted killing of intellectuals.

India is a devil??? Yes they are and we still have hard time dealing with them. But in 1971, India did come out as rescuer no matter what their motive was.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom