What's new

The Thambi (Madras Regiment) on Siachen - Pics

Never really wore sweaters except if I had fevers during winter season. Now I am in Canada and temperature right now is some 0C, and I adapt quite well :D
how about in Ooty, and other hill stations ! they are also part of TN !!!

Recently Siachen was raised in UN meanwhile Great to see warriors from tropical monsoon South India where temperature never drops below 20ºC serves the motherland in Siachen one of the coldest place ( −50 °C) on earth and pride of indian army. and PVC
BANA SINGH.
View attachment 262149
View attachment 262150
View attachment 262151

View attachment 262152
View attachment 262153
View attachment 262155
View attachment 262156
View attachment 262157

@MilSpec @nair pls remove these pics, which is giving strategic information, and could be used by the enemy for strategic gains and providing them information.

Members pls do not post the picture, which gives these types of information like terrain, weapons etc in any social media, forum, or over internet or you might find yourself in trouble .

@MilSpec @nair pls remove these pics, which is giving strategic information, and could be used by the enemy for strategic gains and providing them information.

Members pls do not post the picture, which gives these types of information like terrain, weapons etc in any social media, forum, or over internet or you might find yourself in trouble .

No point in removing now, this has been there for a long while......

Maccha literally in tamil means saale in Hindi, and there is a wrong assumption that madras regiment is made up of tamils only, along with tambis there are lot of tammudus and thammas, and malayalee Kuttis. For entire southern region there is only madras regiment, that is not fair, kodavas are the bravest soldiers of south India there should be a regiment of kodavas, famous among them are gen kariyappa and gen thimmayya.

Calm down and before tweaking your fonts look at the source of the pics in my posts.

Its taken from Madras regiment Website.

siachen is non negotiable.

Of course it is non-negotiable. Any territory of our country is non-negotiable at any cost. The UN can go and f**k itself in the rear.

Calm down and before tweaking your fonts look at the source of the pics in my posts.

Its taken from Madras regiment Website.

Then I think we must inform the MoD to not put too many details no public domain.

How can i visit those mountains ? What level of proficiency you need in trekking to reach there ?

I wanna go ! :bounce::bounce:

Siachen is off limits except for certain places where Army organizes expeditions.

You may want to try Khardung La pass, Zanskar valley and Nubra valley. They are high enough to really deflate your lungs.

If you are heavy around your waist, I'd recommend you to get a little lean and mean and develop stamina. The summer temperatures itself are in single digits varying between positive and negative. My recommendation is that you start working on yourself if you're rotund.

I have been a part of many cold and high altitude expeditions as a part of my job both here and in other high altitude and cold places around the world and have seen overweight people suffer.

You can try the Zanskar trek. Just be fit enough to walk a lot. It happens over the frozen zanskar river in ladakh. Siachen is off limits. You can go upto Turtuk in Nubra.

The valley is fine. But if he planning to do a climb, he will need more fitness than just walking.

Of course it is non-negotiable. Any territory of our country is non-negotiable at any cost. The UN can go and f**k itself in the rear.

Then I think we must inform the MoD to not put too many details no public domain.

That's why I am not putting up my personal pics (family members) on social media,personnel pics of uniform soldiers serving at present is against service rules.

On top of it,an easy target for honey trapping.

These pics are more than 10 years old,we don't even use some of the gears.

Madras Regiment at Chamba valley mountain expedition.

chamba-valley-a-team-of-3rd-battalion-of-madras-240345.jpg

And at Siachen Battle School

100_0138.JPG

P.S Shaheed Hanumanthappa and 9 others was from same Regiment.

Back
Top Bottom