What's new

The Real Truth Behind The F-35. The Jet That Ate The Pentagon!

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
This was supposed to the be the F-35's big month. The troubled next-generation fighter jet was going to make its international debut at the Farnborough Air Show in England.

They would have nothing less than a functioning version of the most advanced warplane in history.

But....This potential breakthrough has hit an all-too-typical stumbling block.

The Air Force temporarily suspended all F-35 flights after one of the planes caught fire before takeoff at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.

For the F-35 fan boys, here's the truth. It is, quite literally, an aircraft that is "too big to fail" despite facing lifetime operating costs for the US Fleet of $1 trillion, and cost overruns of $167 billion before a single plane has flown a single mission. Check it out....

The F-35. The Jet That Ate The Pentagon!

I wonder if it would have to take off to kill a JF-17.....
Most probably no.....

For those who are interested in a true facts and logic based discussion about the F-35, give this discussion a read...

Dragon029 comments on The designer of the F-16 explains why the F-35 is such a crappy plane

It is long and focused much on Sprey, a prominent critic of the F-35, but the details are for those with patience and intelligence, which pretty much rules out most people here.

I still don't think that going for one craft for the AF, Navy AND the marines was a good idea, straight up amateur opinion is that the craft should have been designed for just the flyboys and the naval aviators, would have been better and the numbers between just the two of them would have amortized risk and cost. Trying to get a common design that could also then be adapted for VTOL might have placed constraints that took away some of the performance that the air force and the carriers could have done well with. NO?

Otherwise who are we kidding, the sheer sensor performance and information dominance of the battle space on these birds will give opponents the jitters, despite what detractors state.

I still don't think that going for one craft for the AF, Navy AND the marines was a good idea, straight up amateur opinion is that the craft should have been designed for just the flyboys and the naval aviators, would have been better and the numbers between just the two of them would have amortized risk and cost. Trying to get a common design that could also then be adapted for VTOL might have placed constraints that took away some of the performance that the air force and the carriers could have done well with. NO?

Otherwise who are we kidding, the sheer sensor performance and information dominance of the battle space on these birds will give opponents the jitters, despite what detractors state.
This is inevitable. Finance and budgets forces it.

It will eat any fighter in BVR combat.
Lolz. people said similar things about F15 before Sukhoi Flankers and A12 systems arrived.
we have to wait tfor J20 J31 and PAKFA my dear friend.

While US have secured itself with the F22 deal.
It have Fucked up its allies with this F35 lolly pop.lolz

Without any fighter catching F-35 on his radar because of stealth F-35 will kill that fighter with it BVR no need to engage in WVR dogfight.....

Lolz. people said similar things about F15 before Sukhoi Flankers and A12 systems arrived.
we have to wait tfor J20 J31 and PAKFA my dear friend.
Friend US is Decade Ahead When It Comes To Avionics And Sensors AN/AAQ (DAS) And APG-81 Are Much More That Any Body Can Swallow Dude I Know The Programs Have Some Gliches But Still Its A generation Ahead Fighter To their Counter Parts Available in Present or In Future

Friend US is Decade Ahead When It Comes To Avionics And Sensors AN/AAQ (DAS) And APG-81 Are Much More That Any Body Can Swallow Dude I Know The Programs Have Some Gliches But Still Its A generation Ahead Fighter To their Counter Parts Available in Present or In Future
So much overconfidence is not a good strategy. US is ofcourse much advanced then its contemporaries. But I don't believe this will be the case with in a decade.

So much overconfidence is not a good strategy. US is ofcourse much advanced then its contemporaries. But I don't believe this will be the case with in a decade.
Thats Problem With you Guys You Deny Reality There Is No One Which Comes Even Closer To US On Statergic Planning For Future. Chinese Are Working At good Pace But Still they Will Be Decades Behind Us When It Comes To Military Technology

Back
Top Bottom