What's new

The REAL Reason Why Pakistan Does not have an Aircraft Carrier

The OP seems to forgetting one very basic point what is air craft
Air craft is billion+ dollar piece of land which is marvel of modern technology which can Move where ever whereever you want
Which gives 2 options
1 Projection of Force
2 base for Assult Force

Now these 2 are the main points Pakistan isnt going for Air craft not just because you simply cant afford it

Pakistan has one enemy which is right in the order side of border
As if you take out south asia Complication from equation Pakistan isnt force projecting Country
Now coming to other important point aircrafts dont operate on there own they need group of ships which perform different jobs from protrcting to providing necessities of sailors
Pakistan simply cant spend or in other words waste that much on some weapon system which serves no basics For now

It simply does not fit the doctrine of PNS and it has been discussed on this forum multiple of times. It may help some members to do chest thumping but I don't see a need for it until the next decade. We should rather focus on acquisition and development of conventional and nuclear submarines with stealth tech and latest subsystems with SLBMs, SLCMs and the best of the torpedoes. Furthermore we need good anti-ship missiles CM-400akg, D-21D, CM-800 etc. A great ASM capability both airborne and on surface ships i.e. frigates. We need destroyers and frigates with stealth technology and huge firepower with long range missile strike capabilities. We also need missile defence systems for our surface ship fleet.

A/C carrier with rather become a liability with multiple of enemy submarines , FAC(M)s, Fighter-jets and anti-ship missile chasing it. That happened in 1965 and 71 wars where Indian navy couldn't use Vikrant against Pakistan rather was focussed on protecting its most expensive asset and I think today Pakistan has more submarines and anti-ship missile and other weapons that will run chills down the spine of Indian admirals if they try to take any of their ACC out for an excursion during a Pak-India war.

I think the importance of navy in the region is very negligible, India realised the need to develop the blue water navy only after 2000s, before that we never thought of sailing in Indian ocean region and defending the economic zone.

There are 2 main reason behind Pakistan Navy not having an aircraft carrier :
1. Share of Pakistan Army dominates the defense budget, it gets somewhere around 50% of the whole budget and navy only gets 10% of the share.
2. Pakistan even after 1971, still concentrates on land boundary and not on securing the water ways. Whereas the major powers of the world e.g. USA, China, Russia & France are fighting war in waters, because they want to protect their sea route.

ACs are of no use to PN, they should build up the anti-AC force instead, and go for more subs and frigates.

Well it makes sense for India to have an air-craft carrier. Indian has a huge coastline and also the andaman and nicobar islands are quite a stretch away from main-land India.

Pakistan in comparison has a much smaller coastline and no territorial islands, so an AC is of no use.

An air craft carrier is a liability considering evolving threats of supersonic and hyper sonic cruise missiles. A barrage of anti ship/ anti AC missiles can cripple if not completely wipe out an AC. No CIWS or missile system is good enough to take care of multiple missiles approaching from various different angles.

Oh please yaar Buy some decent Frigates Destroyers and Corvettes first before thinking about Aircraft Carriers and STOL

In near future when we are more economically stable i think that we definately need a couple of these beauties . This indian fancy that in case of nuclear war they would finish pakistan, while pakistan can only destroy couple of cities . Imagine an aircraft carrier carring nukes in indian ocean surrounding them on all sides . Also if we make military or nuclear bases in china , srilanka , bangladesh we can surround india from all sides .... we can still do nut this strategy would really cause their fake balloon to leak .....they can slso be used as deterent ...

Pakistan does not need one, nor can it afford one. It is a green water navy, meant purely for defensive purposes.

Until Pakistan gets rich enough to become an economic regional power, there will be no need for one.

the arguments for AC will be irrelevant in near future because the advent of Supersonic AShm like Brahmos or even DF21D is total bullshit, the very country who operating those missiles is actually had building or in phase of building their own AC.

Pakistan 's coast line is about the same or smaller than the Indian state of Gujarat.

An aircraft carrier once out out to sea needs sustenance & protection. It needs a huge budget.

Lastly, where will PN project its sea power & to what avail ?

I don't know wht we don't make one; a carrier at the end of the day is just a cargo ship with a flat top and an Island. We don't need Ford Class carrier clones; we do need a ship capable of protecting SLOCs from the Far East.

If I may know, what is this:

Submarines: Indigenous Nuclear Submarine
Origin:
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan
Quantity: 1
Service entry: 2017-2020 (Projected)
Propulsion: Nuclear marine propulsion (NMP)
Comments: According to the Navy officials, the project is extremely ambitious, and the first submarine will be locally built in Pakistan. The project is estimated to complete in 5 to 8 years, according to Navy.[77]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Navy

Is Pakistan developing it's own Nuclear sub.?

If I may know, what is this:

Submarines: Indigenous Nuclear Submarine
Origin:
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan
Quantity: 1
Service entry: 2017-2020 (Projected)
Propulsion: Nuclear marine propulsion (NMP)
Comments: According to the Navy officials, the project is extremely ambitious, and the first submarine will be locally built in Pakistan. The project is estimated to complete in 5 to 8 years, according to Navy.[77]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Navy

Is Pakistan developing it's own Nuclear sub.?

Pakistan is much more secretive about it's military programs then India is. Especially in regards to one like this.
Whether Pakistan is developing a Nuclear Submarine is yet to be confirmed or denied but Im pretty sure something is in the books.

I think our naval nuclear doctrine should be similar to France's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_submarine_Terrible_(S619)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M51_(missile)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom