What's new

The real face of CPEC : Destroying Pakistani Industry

astonishing to see astounding number of our neighbours (well wishers in the east who want to conquer us to stroke their.....ego) warning us how bad and ugly Chinese investment is for our country...

mind blowing

The same people taking their begging bowl to China for 200B of infrastructure investments..

Just yesterday, i nailed one down
BRAVO

I want a strong pakistan because it will keep India on its toes....India has to have the mindset that we have to tackle both china and pakistan...pakistan has a weak sparring partner in India..but India has a super strong sparring partner in China...sparring with China ( economic & military preparedness) will make India stronger...and hopefully no wars just healthy competition which benefits all
Wish we all have progressive mindset and both countries work on their people's liberty and prosperity. Seriously our region is far far lagging behind the human development.

Are you telling me that Chinese are fair? The last time I saw, Chinese are ready to open everything except textiles, pharmaticals, auto and IT industry to Indians, where Indian industry has an edge over China.

We will be open if you want to be. I know an personal experience of Electronic import. For my support project to be installed in China contained an whole integrated system, complete with a computer. Chinese customs refused to let in the computer. Then we bargained hard, telling that the CPU is part of that system, and replicating it will delay the project. Finally they let in, but what? They shipped back the LCD display back to India. I had to buy one over there in China.

LCD too in some probability made in China. See. These are kinda examples of informal or uninformed trade barriers in CHina we had to face. A lot.

There are certainly still barriers sure, I would like to see a complete elimination of them, but it is what it is. However, what do you consider fair, more restrictions? Less, equal? I know we don't have more restrictions than India. Compare to the US, not as good.

I don't know your situation, so I can't comment, but I find it hard to believe if everything is in order you would not be let in. People bring computers into China all the time, but again I don't know exactly what the situation is.

But you have advantage in textiles? lol, you know how much of the global textiles market we control? As to Auto, every major player is in China and for many we are their biggest market like toyota. In terms of IT, we don't speak English,what would we need Indian IT for, also how many tech giants are in China compare to anywhere. Pharmaceuticals maybe, but I know there are quite a few in China and we did offer tax breaks and what not, but apparently the interest is not that high in India.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/236397/value-of-the-leading-global-textile-exporters-by-country/
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ian-pharma-companies/articleshow/52843226.cms

There are certainly still barriers sure, I would like to see a complete elimination of them, but it is what it is. However, what do you consider fair, more restrictions? Less, equal? I know we don't have more restrictions than India. Compare to the US, not as good.

I don't know your situation, so I can't comment, but I find it hard to believe if everything is in order you would not be let in. People bring computers into China all the time, but again I don't know exactly what the situation is.

But you have advantage in textiles? lol, you know how much of the global textiles market we control? As to Auto, every major player is in China and for many we are their biggest market like toyota. In terms of IT, we don't speak English,what would we need Indian IT for, also how many tech giants are in China compare to anywhere. Pharmaceuticals maybe, but I know there are quite a few in China and we did offer tax breaks and what not, but apparently the interest is not that high in India.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/236397/value-of-the-leading-global-textile-exporters-by-country/
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ian-pharma-companies/articleshow/52843226.cms

Oh please. Only if you open it will Indian Auto companies can compete with the Chinese, which it refuses to do. Do u think the CHinese are writing C++ in Chinese?

You had talked about fair competition. Then why u r backing away from it telling some reasons or other?

Oh please. Only if you open it will Indian Auto companies can compete with the Chinese, which it refuses to do. Do u think the CHinese are writing C++ in Chinese?

You had talked about fair competition. Then why u r backing away from it telling some reasons or other?

Coding really? I learnt C in a weekend. I'm in mobile apps industry, what even uses C++ anyways. It's all Java and Swift, with a few others here and there.

Though it's possible India faces barriers here, in terms of service we may not be as open and as a result we are not that strong in the field. Which is my point, protectionism never works.

I would never back away from free market, why would I. A weaker industry is my exact argument.

As to Auto, if India can't compete with Hyundai and Toyota under the same conditions in China, then it's really not China's problem. But China does need to liberalize here and hence we are not a force in the auto industry globally.

Once again proving my point.

:tdown: :blah:..........:disagree: I m Karachiite, (Descendant of Immigrant) and no way in hell this project is Punjab related. Stop spewing propaganda. :angry:

Great observation. I hope that we will successfully sail the boat to its real destination. In Sha Allah. :-)
I see no reason why Turkish companies shouldn't invest along CPEC. They have many things to offer. With good infrastructure and cheap labor access to ~1.5b people should be fully explored..

Some folks have already accepted defeat even without firing a single shot!! If it were the mentality could you have snatched Pak from the jaws of Ram Rajya?? Or, could you have struck the strategic balance??? IMHO, those tasks required much higher feats than taking full benefit from CPEC. I've met folks from Pak along with folks from so many other nations- one of the advantages of being in the USA. Paks are no less intelligent, rather more, than others. I am pretty sue they can pull it through...

As for Ehl-i Iman, Paks will be pushed forward by Murad-i Ilahi like the Turkish folks. So, stop worrying start working...

Last edited by a moderator:
You appears to be more dumb than i thought. First u give all your countrymen bad name that how they don't even know the capital of Pakistan. U insulted India yourself, i just caught u....

Calling for support? Your post was such hilarious that i couldn't take and tagged Pakistanis over here to laugh at u. I don't miss such opportunities especially when it comes to Indian trolls. Just yesterday, I, one handedly, humiliated one of your member because he got personal with me and resorted to abusive slangs. I don't run for ratings and support, don't assume everyone is like of u.

If pdf is that bad, then never log in again. We highly regard PDF. It is very dearest forum where we can talk with Pakistanis any time any day.......This thread was related to Pakistan yet u r jumping up and down on this thread and saying we r not obsessed with Pakistan. Exactly what kind of hypocritical u are. i tagged one Singaporean member because he shared how Indians show their moronic attitude while Pakistanis don't give a single fuk to them.......

U Born lier........Indians know about Pakistan because of Umer Shariff, Rahat Fatah Ali Khan, Atif Aslam, Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Nazia Hasan, Coke Studio etc and so on......

Since u already know these facts, my reply was intended to all people especially foreigners, reading this thread, so that they don't fall for your Indian propaganda.

This is the serious article u r demanding..........The way you're Modi went to China and raised objection on it, seems to be lot more headaches than just passing thr' disputed territory.......:lol:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/here...-46-billion-offering-to-pakistan-2205216.html

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...-india-and-we-should-be-concerned-255010.html

Chinese troops do give us a friendly tour and they are also very kind on u too....Aren't they? Just last week they remained in your territory for more than one hour. So what does that mean that u won't construct any infra on that territory in which Chinese have stepped in? Chinese come and gone. As far as disputed territory, Pakistan used this term Disputed territory, since when Indians started using this term? Pakistan was the originator of this term regarding Kashmir and by this term we referred to IOK (Indian Occupied Kashmir). So, I hope Pakistanis have clarified Indians now. U did wrong interpretation of it and we r not responsible for this idiocy of u. Disputed territory means IOK........Got it?

Don't quote me again, dumb.....

:lol::lol::lol:......Man, I m literally tired of these Indians. Just yesterday, i nailed one down and yet one of them again engaged me....Looks like Indian trolls love to be humiliated by me.......

Singlehandedly? :) is that the reason you called your pals?

The only reason I will stop answering your post is because I will be wasting my time..

I see that you are an addition to the "slow" brigade on pdf.

The same people taking their begging bowl to China for 200B of infrastructure investments..

Investments =/= begging, China gets billions in investments from all over, you don't construe that as begging.

The chinese offer the lowest interest rates, but the Japanese have done better than that.

THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE > BUSINESS
Pakistan, China ink agreements worth $4.2b

As per the contracts, China would provide a concessionary loan of $1.3 billion for the 120-kilometre long Thakot-Havelian section of Karakoram Highyway-II (KKH-II) and $2.9 billion for the 392-kilometre Multan-Sukkur section of the Lahore-Karachi motorway.

------

Since China is providing concessionary loans for both projects, the contracts have been awarded on a government-to-government basis, waiving the condition of international competitive bidding.

Out of the $46 billion CPEC investment package, roughly $11.5 billion is reserved for the road and railways infrastructure. China has promised to give concessionary loans for four infrastructure projects. Two of these projects will get interest-free loans.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1096762/cpec-eastern-alignment-pakistan-china-ink-agreements-worth-4-2b/

From Business Recorder:

China would extend assistance to Pakistan at 1.6 percent interest rate for infrastructure projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), it is learnt. Member, Infrastructure and Regional Connectivity of Planning Commission Malik Ahmad Khan confirmed that China would extend assistance to Pakistan at 1.6 percent interest for infrastructure projects under CPEC. "We wanted China to reduce this rate from 1.6 percent to 1 percent. And the Finance Division is making efforts in this regard," he added.

Under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Projects (CPEC), China has promised to invest around $11.8 billion in infrastructure projects and $33.8 billion in various energy projects which will be completed by 2017 at the latest. According to sources, the corridor is a 2,700-kilometre highway that would stretch from Kashghar to Gwadar through Khunjrab. The CPEC will integrate the economies of the two friendly countries; it envisages several economic zones.

http://www.brecorder.com/market-data/stocks-a-bonds/0/1223449/

Maybe the foreign competition is good for our industry. Maybe we need to improve our productivity and produce better products. Let's not blame foreign competition for our own incompetence.

Singlehandedly? :) is that the reason you called your pals?

The only reason I will stop answering your post is because I will be wasting my time..

I see that you are an addition to the "slow" brigade on pdf.

:lol:....The only reason u won't post something may be for months is because i have caught u in insulting and making fun of your own India and its people.......U will fear that now whenever u post something, I will haunt u with this very post of yours.........which u deleted obviously.....Damn, i must have taken screen shot........However i managed to have pic from my replying post.........:D U can't get away with your below post, i have just captured....:P

Capture.PNG

am lil mistaken..

i misread it .. edited

China is making investments on which Pakistan has given sovereign guarantee of 18% return, meaning on investment of Rs 100 Pakistan will pay them back Rs 118 (that's in Compounded interest). In some cases its about 27.2 %.

Example :-
Sinosure is charging a fee of 7pc for debt servicing, which will be added to the capital cost of a project. For instance, the capital cost of a 660MW project at Port Qasim is $767.9m. But it goes up to $956.1m by adding Sinosure’s fee of $63.9m, its financing fee and charges of $21m, and interest during construction of $72.8m; a 27.2pc return on equity is guaranteed. Ironically, interest during construction is allowed at the rate of 33.33pc for the first year; 33.33pc for the second; 13.33pc for the third; and 20pc for the fourth year.

How do they give sovereign guarantee of 18% return? If the return is less Pakistan will pay the balance?

If protectionism is bad for others then it's bad for China too, open these Chinese sectors to India, then whether we succeed or not is our problem.

How do they give sovereign guarantee of 18% return? If the return is less Pakistan will pay the balance?

If protectionism is bad for others then it's bad for China too, open these Chinese sectors to India, then whether we succeed or not is our problem.

They did, That too for 45years i think...

On the entire $46 billion?? That comes to a sovereign guarantee of sending $8.28 billion of revenue annually to China!! CPEC seems to be truly radical and life changing for Pakistan.

Not on entire 46B $ ..

There is no competition for China in Pakistan....and you know what happen when there is Monopoly....

Back
Top Bottom