What's new

The Rafale hidden beauties and its future

@Picdelamirand-oil
Sir, you mentioned something about kalman filter in your first post. I would like to listen more about the same in your analysis. To the rudimentary knowledge i have regarding the same, it is used to filter out noise signals and preempt action (anticipatory) for sensors in scenarios where sensors have an inherent slow response vis a vis process change speed.

Wow. Someone's made a lot of effort to translate all that to Korean.

Anyway, was that analysis from vstol jockey?

Some extras.

11G, supercruise, range...
00.JPG

Wow. Someone's made a lot of effort to translate all that to Korean.

Anyway, was that analysis from vstol jockey?

Some extras.

11G, supercruise, range...
00.JPG
It sports the SPECTRA integrated electronic survival system which embodies a software -based virtual stealth technology
Cannot be clearer! it's official information given by Dassault to help comments during presentations.

@gambit

I've heard the F-35 uses active cancellation also, although restricted only in the X band from open source info. There was this article quoting a British F-35 pilot who claims the F-35 can create a 'wormhole', his words, and non-stealth aircraft can tag along for the ride without being detected. That leads me to believe the F-35's radar is capable of active cancellation.

Any idea if that's true?

@Picdelamirand-oil so is Carbone a system which is deployed on aircraft to protect other planes ? Something like what Spectra does for Rafale?

Carbone is the demonstrator for Spectra. You can think of it as a test bed.

@Picdelamirand-oil
Sir, you mentioned something about kalman filter in your first post. I would like to listen more about the same in your analysis. To the rudimentary knowledge i have regarding the same, it is used to filter out noise signals and preempt action (anticipatory) for sensors in scenarios where sensors have an inherent slow response vis a vis process change speed.

This link should clear all your questions.

How a Kalman filter works, in pictures | Bzarg

And this: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rmf25/papers/Understanding the Basis of the Kalman Filter.pdf

@Picdelamirand-oil so is Carbone a system which is deployed on aircraft to protect other planes ? Something like what Spectra does for Rafale?
Carbone is like Pods used by Growler, but its next generation pod that US is begining to develop.
Current growler pods are offensive jammers and send blank noise with very high transmitted power and could hide several plane in the noise.
Next generation, like Carbone will localise the threat duplicate the signal with DRFM, and send it several time to the emitter. It need less power because it is directive contary to old generation which is omnidirectional. And it's smarter than Blank noise.
But SPECTRA is smarter than Carbone....

Carbone is like Pods used by Growler, but its next generation pod that US is begining to develop.
Current growler pods are offensive jammers and send blank noise with very high transmitted power and could hide several plane in the noise.
Next generation, like Carbone will localise the threat duplicate the signal with DRFM, and send it several time to the emitter. It need less power because it is directive contary to old generation which is omnidirectional. And it's smarter than Blank noise.
But SPECTRA is smarter than Carbone....

So current Growler < NGJ equipped Growler < Carbone < Spectra?

Not very technically savvy but I take it the bottome line is "Rafale is a great fighter and Pakistan had better watch it".
No it's only that there is denial of Rafale capability in Anglo-saxon media, they have powerfull media. So I try to explain Rafale capabilities. But for that I need to go a little technical because if not I will get a lot of "it's impossible".

So current Growler < NGJ equipped Growler < Carbone < Spectra?
Yes.
But perhaps NGJ will be better than Carbone, we don't know, but Carbone was made before NGJ it's why I accept your ranking.

No it's only that there is denial of Rafale capability in Anglo-saxon media, they have powerfull media. So I try to explain Rafale capabilities. But for that I need to go a little technical because if not I will get a lot of "it's impossible".

Accept my apology. I only made light hearted comment. I know that Rafale is formidable fighter. Yes, your right Anglo-Saxon media dominates the world and sets the tone for global discourse. I am afraid this is how it is going to be, what with one ex superpower (UK) and resident superpower (USA) and all the colonies using English.

And thank you for you very detailed analysis. Quality posts are always appreciated.

@Picdelamirand-oil
We can say that a process is the evolution of a system with genralised coordinates. A simpler situation is if we consider a system with normal coordinate, but for a Kalman filter the two are the same. But for us the second case is more intuitive. So consider a plane : it's a system with normal coordinate (x,y,z,t) you can also consider the speed V (vx, vy,vz.)
Suppose now that you want to process the trajectory of the plane: for that you get a radar,then you get several x,y,z but not a trajectory. The problem is that there is error in your measures and if you try to compute a speed you have to derive the position and your speed wouldn't be very stable due to errors of position. So it's hard to make a prediction. In this situation a Kalman filter will be able to compute the trajectory, the speed and you will be able to make a prediction.

@gambit please share your views regarding information posted about Rafael jets and does US jets like F-16, F-18 & F-15 (current versions) can face Rafael in one on one situation?

Accept my apology. I only made light hearted comment. I know that Rafale is formidable fighter. Yes, your right Anglo-Saxon media dominates the world and sets the tone for global discourse. I am afraid this is how it is going to be, what with one ex superpower (UK) and resident superpower (USA) and all the colonies using English.

And thank you for you very detailed analysis. Quality posts are always appreciated.
No problems!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom